Menu

DH says I can paint the kitchen cabinets!

ktgrok

6 hours ago, ktgrok said:

your kitchen must be WAY bigger than mine? Or?? I'm in two groups for cabinet painting and no one has used that much. 

Now, I didn't include primer in that - I used under a gallon of that as well. 

Oh no, I’m buying the primer separately. They are spraying three coats. Still, this is some specialty paint and I’m about to do it myself. It’s beyond nuts. And it’s not like I can use this paint for anything else. Literally nothing else. 
and my kitchen is bigger than any I’ve had (mostly because I’ve had tiny city non kitchens most my life) but it’s not anything insane, no.

Edited by madteaparty

31 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

Oh no, I’m buying the primer separately. They are spraying three coats. Still, this is some specialty paint and I’m about to do it myself. It’s beyond nuts. And it’s not like I can use this paint for anything else. Literally nothing else. 
and my kitchen is bigger than any I’ve had (mostly because I’ve had tiny city non kitchens most my life) but it’s not anything insane, no.

I will say, spraying uses more paint, and an airless sprayer uses more paint than an HVLP sprayer. I brushed/rolled the frames, had I sprayed those too it would have been more, and if I'd used an airless sprayer, much more. 

16 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I will say, spraying uses more paint, and an airless sprayer uses more paint than an HVLP sprayer. I brushed/rolled the frames, had I sprayed those too it would have been more, and if I'd used an airless sprayer, much more. 

I’m going to have the primer tinted and tell them to try two coats…