Menu

Word of The Year Update (difficult times)

Slache

I mentioned on the WOTY thread that I kind of didn't want one this year. Things have been difficult and I've kind of failed these last two years (which I'm totally ok with and I know now that I'm not alone-thank you sisters!) and I don't want to fail again. So I've decided not to do one, or set any goals, just try to get some better routines in place.

No one proofread my grammar please. I'm exhausted.

The problem is that I put my word on the front of my journal and to see it blank I think would just put a focus on the negative.

So I bought this. It's for my birthday and it's going to be late which is so very appropriate under the circumstances, but it makes me laugh. I've loved it since I first saw it almost a year ago but didn't have a reason to get it.

So I'm opting out of goals this year and choosing joy. Please feel free to do the same and blame it on me if anyone asks.

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Remember how I posted on your BuJo thread that your goals were exhausting me? I find trackers and goals overwhelming, and they set up a false standard by which I can "fail", often through circumstances I cannot control.  I think you are wise to choose joy. 

I always fail. I usually do the shoot for the moon, land among the stars thing, but this year I'm afraid I'll fall on my face. Did you see my sticker?

• Like 1

I think that’s perfectly valid. Sometimes our goal just has to be, “Wake up in the morning. Continue to breathe. Brush teeth.” 

I like your happy misheard lyric sticker! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

And the next line...

Take my ham. We'll make bacon, I swear. Woah, lemon on a pear.

It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not!

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Please put me out of my misery. What’s the real song?

Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I haven't selected a word of the year yet but am really considering this song lyric:

Ain't no point in trippin'

It's only good for tricking the mind

No Point In Trippin' by Erasure (Vince Clark and Andy Bell) on The Neon album

(the extended dance mix is wonderful)

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
Added full song lyric
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ali in OR said:

Loving the misheard lyrics. That's just for us older folks, right? Now I'm sure everybody looks up the right lyrics online instead of singing the wrong ones.

Yes, just confirmed with the younger half of the dinner table that they just watch the lyrics video on YouTube. Apparently this doesn't always work for K-Pop, but in the 80's K-Pop wasn't even on the horizon! (It was, like 2 hours *over* the horizon, I suppose)

• Like 1