Menu

Creative gift wrap for gift cards—ideas

Spryte

46 minutes ago, Bambam said:

Wow. I've just stuck them in Christmas cards. Or in their stocking. I'm not creative in this! 

I’m not feeling creative this year! 

I forgot that last year we put them in Bluetooth beanies, the ones with speakers built in. 

This year I’ve got 5 teens to give gift cards and absolutely zero new creative ideas. Ugh!

IMO, the goal is to put the $$ into the gift card.
But I did watch the Minimal Mom's sister Diana Kokku on Youtube
She bought these jars at the dollar store & put the card inside, nestled in some fake snow?!?

We do creative things when giving CASH as a gift (Origami, hiding them in books in the bookcase, $1 bills, etc).
But usually they're "free" ways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stacia said:

I just wrapped it inside other wrapped boxes with a brick so the package was bigger and heavier.

I do similar - this year had to wrap photos or print outs from Amazon of gifts that were sent to dd in New Mexico, care of her boyfriend (and his gifts care of her).  Note, they are flying out for the holidays, and will open gifts here...lightweight, small items easy to stick in luggage when flying back. But heavy/bulky items I let Amazon ship free to their townhome. I wrapped photos from the website taped to paperbacks, old shoes, etc...anything to make  boxes seem big and interesting so they have stuff to open here letting them know what awaits them back in New Mexico.  I still had a few of her old Shirley Temple videos in the basement, and taped some photos to the covers, with captions from Shirley commenting on the gift.  DD and her boyfriend (almost fiancee) plan to open all the Amazon boxes once they get back home.    I tape gift cards to cake mix boxes, pasta, etc and wrap that, too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Stacia said:

I just wrapped it inside other wrapped boxes with a brick so the package was bigger and heavier.

I did this once with a cinder block.

My brother was visiting from out of state and anything that he received for Christmas had to go home with him on a plane.

We wrapped his gift card in a huge box with a cinder block.  :)  I couldn't even lift the box to give it to him -- I slid it across the living room floor toward him.  The look on his face when he realized this huge package was for him was *priceless*.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2