Menu

where to hang stockings?

ktgrok

For the past 10 years we had a fireplace with a mantel - very unusual for Florida. But now we don't..and I want to display our stockings. I sewed them myself, and DH really loves seeing them up. However, he's NOT a fan of putting extra holes in the wall right now (just fnished patching and painting the old house a day ago, lol). So the cute signs with hooks are not going to fly I don't think. 

I bought the heavy individual holders with hooks to sit on the bar top or book shelves, but now I'm worried about a cat somehow getting hold of one and pulling it down on themselves or a kid doing it and getting hurt. (still in package, can return). 

So I ordered this to be picked up today, it's sort of cute. I'd need two more hooks (6 people plus one for the dogs and one for the cats), but it looks like any kind of S shaped shower curtain hook would work - I'd just get a pack so they all match. Anyone have something like this? It is half the price of the heavy things, which is also nice and I have some blank wall space where we will be putting an antique desk from my mom, but she hasn't given it to us yet and may not before Xmas. If she does, I have other spots as well, in the family room or whatever. I can cancel order if y'all give me a better idea. (so will return either the heavy things, or this)

Or..I thought about making something, but honestly, but they time I make it out of wood or PVC (I love building with PVC, lol) and decorate it it probaby won't be cheaper than the $20 for this stand, lol. 

Any other thoughts? Someone said an over the door robe hanger thing, but no doors in this area really. image.png.75831a67ee72d66c009eb62decc5072d.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Katy said:

Another option is on command hooks up the stair rail.  Especially cute under lighted garland up the rail. 

We don't have a rail/banister really. It's more just the wall cut out a bit. Looks like this. I also do not trust command strips to not take paint off. image.png.51ccbc375cc1243e119c75481098497e.png