Menu

help - country music song (Solved!)

ktgrok

Solved! It's Rough and Ready by Trace Adkins. Thank you, @Catwoman

I SWEAR there is a country song where at some point the singer says (says, not sings), "no I aint gotta license for that - you gotta license to ask stupid questions?" but I can't remember what song it is. Anyone know? Guessing Trace Adkins off the top of my head, but not positive at all. 

I wanted to find it to send to my dad, just a clip from the video with that bit. Last night he and my mom were regaling us with tales of their early marriage/relationship, and my dad's interesting childhood, and when he got to the part about having a monkey my BIL, DH's brother, innocently said, "you need a license for that, right?" At which point all of us that know my dad and my uncles burst into laughter. Cause y'all....no. They didn't have a license for anything. Heck, earlier in the day they were telling the story of my mom having to go with him on a court date for something or other, and his mom telling the judge not only had he likely done whtaever it was, but his license was also suspended...leading to the judge making my dad to be recuffed, lol. The theme of the night, after my BIL asking about a license for the monkey, and that story of the court house, became having a license....up to and including the non licensed, non registered THREE guns my dad took into mexico on his cross country camping honeymoon with my mom (which the border was okay with...they were not okay with the many GALLONS of tequila they tried to bring back into the US...and apparently my mom's perfume hid the smell of the other illegal substance hidden). 

Anyway, anyone know what I mean? 

We already pulled out the 'Fore She was Mama song, in honor of my mom, lol. (who spent the whole meal defending any wrong doing with "I was a nurse!" and "But it was classy" lol - like when she waved her expensive Cross brand knife at my dad on their first date, warning him that whatever he might be thinking was going to happen that night was NOT going to happen, lol.  The song is perfect for her - this is the woman who I never heard say a curse word until maybe the last few years...and I'm not even sure I ever have. I've never seen her have more than 2 glasses of wine, and that's over many hours, grew up going to cotillons and etiquette classes, sets her holiday table with the good china and finger bowls, etc etc etc. But we have the photos of her in cut offs and a skimpy tube top on a beach in mexico, lol. (she still won't even say the word "pot"....she referred to any substances as "that stuff")

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 1

Oh, and Thanksgiving FYI - If someone starts a story about how if you move and don't pay your parking ticket.....do NOT assume they will finish with "you get a warrant for your arrest" and interrupt to say that it happened to you too. 

Cause they may just be about to say that their license was suspended. And then everyone will look at you in horror. 

Turns out I did NOT have that arrest warrant thing in common with my sister after all. Oops...

Edited by ktgrok
  • Haha 1

• ktgrok changed the title to help - country music song (Solved!)
1 hour ago, Hen said:

your mom sounds like a legend! 

She's an amazing person! She had a lousy father (long dramatic story), has a rough relationship with her sisters, etc...but is this Amazing person who became a nurse, worked in geriatrics her whole career (started as a candy striper as a teenager and worked in nursing homes until she retired), is the best grandmother on the planet, etc. I grew up knowing mom could always fix whatever problem I had. such a gift!

And yes, she's this proper lady who grew up with family that had summer homes and the queen's manners, but also a fierce mama bear. And yup, pulled a knife on my dad their first date (she says he was looking at her with too much intensity, he says he just was looking at her because she's pretty and nice to look at) - only to marry him 3 weeks later. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sassenach said:

Your dad sounds like a good time. And blessings upon your mom.

He is. I mean, in an introverted probably not going to talk to you unless he knows you well, and even then maybe only after his few times a year glass of scotch, lol. This Thanksgiving was the most he's probably talked in his life, lol.