Menu

Favorite K94s?

SoCal_Bear

So my whole family enjoys our Happy Masks and they work well for what we use them for. K94s are easy to get now and plentiful. I would love to get crowd sourced suggestions for ones that work well for situations that call for more disposable solutions. For reference, my husband wears an XL mask, my son and I wear a medium and my daughter wears a small. 

If there was already a post about that, I apologize in advance as I couldn't find it in the search and would appreciate being pointed to it.

• Like 1

We've ordered two different types and are happy with both. Ds needs disposable ones for work. I have a small face while dh and ds have large faces. These masks fit all three of us. Both types have a nose wire.

Powecom KN95
https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks/kn95-respirator-face-masks/

These KF94 have adjustable ear loops. They're fairly large but with the adjustable straps they fit my small face. 
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WJPS6KY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 hours ago, MEmama said:

https://behealthyusa.net/collections/posh

These are our favorite and the only mask we wear now. They are so comfortable we forget we are wearing them, even after long periods like airports/airplanes. And they fit so well I can’t even make my glasses fog up if I try. 

We rotate and reuse and get many, many wears out of each mask. 

These are some of my favorite as well. I also like the Bluna Facefit KF94s, and they fit most adult faces (and the small fits kids). For very large faces, BOTN size large and LG Airwasher large are recommended. I do find the ear loop adjuster path is a bit prone to tearing on the BOTN. The Bluna don’t have that problem. The Posh likely won’t fit an XL face. The ear loop adjustment on Posh isn’t as easy as others, but they’re still my personal favorite. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, calbear said:

So my whole family enjoys our Happy Masks and they work well for what we use them for. …….. For reference, my husband wears an XL mask, my son and I wear a medium and my daughter wears a small. 

Here are our family’s preferences:

• small happy mask (with a small face) >> kids posh 
  • small happy mask (with a larger face) >> kids bluna
  •  medium happy mask >> adult posh  (adult Bluna works too)
  • Larger faces who were in between a medium & large Happy Mask >> adult Bluna (BOTNs fit but weren’t as durable)

I got a free sample of a Blue brand 2D non adjustable KF94 and was surprised at how well it fit me (medium happy mask). The fit was like a happy mask. 

IMO BOTN runs bigger than Bluna.   And I had to switch from behealthyusa.net to https://kollecteusa.com to buy Blunas this last time. 

Edited by domestic_engineer
I can’t remember what size BOTNs were most comparable to Blunas
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 4:30 AM, MEmama said:

https://behealthyusa.net/collections/posh

These are our favorite and the only mask we wear now. They are so comfortable we forget we are wearing them, even after long periods like airports/airplanes. And they fit so well I can’t even make my glasses fog up if I try. 

We rotate and reuse and get many, many wears out of each mask. 

How are you disinfecting them in between uses? 

Edited by calbear

1 hour ago, calbear said:

How are you disinfecting them in between uses? 

We just rotate them. DS uses a different one everyday and rotates throughout the week (he hangs them on his bulletin board). DH and I are rarely in public so each mask typically goes for days between wearing, and when we do go out it’s generally for a short time so I don’t worry about it further than that. 

Eta: The 2 masks that I have been wearing since September are just starting to fit a little less optimally (nose piece isn’t quite as tight) so I'm just now changing them out for new ones.

Edited by MEmama

My tall Viking of a husband loves and wears the BOTN XL. It's the only one that fits him well at both the nose and the chin. https://www.amazon.com/BOTN-Protective-4-Layer-Adjustable-Premium/dp/B0943FHWVZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3V73E4XTMYN9N&keywords=botn+kf94+mask+xl&qid=1638824187&sprefix=botn+xl+mask%2Caps%2C247&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A33JXTAS93TXVK&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExTEZRM1I4T0kzS0FOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDg0Mjc4MlBGNUQwRVJPMTFONyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDM1MzMzMVFOUE9DWlE1TUI4TyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

My middle kids wear Dr. Puri L.  One has slightly better fit in the version with the adjustable ear loops, but when those aren't in stock, she just twists the earlobes once to short it a couple of mm.  They come in both black and white. https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Puri-Micro-Dust-Protection-Premium-adjustable/dp/B08NDHPR3V/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=dr+puri+mask&qid=1638824139&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTDVRNExPMlpNSjhBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjE4NTE3M0lLSVZFSllZQThRQyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTgxMzI3MkVWR0dCQ1lPUjlXNCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Youngest wears the Bluna. https://www.amazon.com/BLUNA-Facefit-Small-Individually-Packaged/dp/B08N58F7X1

We are a family who wears glasses--no fogging or other issues with any of these KF94s. We get awesome fit off of them.

ETA: I should caveat that my middle kids are younger teens with adult bodies. 

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 12:23 PM, KSera said:

These are some of my favorite as well. I also like the Bluna Facefit KF94s, and they fit most adult faces (and the small fits kids). For very large faces, BOTN size large and LG Airwasher large are recommended. I do find the ear loop adjuster path is a bit prone to tearing on the BOTN. The Bluna don’t have that problem. The Posh likely won’t fit an XL face. The ear loop adjustment on Posh isn’t as easy as others, but they’re still my personal favorite. 

We just ordered some of the Posh ones for us and the kids and the BOTN L's for DH (who has a long and narrow face.) They all work well. 

For the Posh masks, I've had to tie an adjustable knot to make their earloop adjusters work, otherwise they slid out (unless I misunderstood something about them.) But they are really great otherwise -- my favorite of all the masks I've tried so far. They didn't fit DH, though. 

1 hour ago, Not_a_Number said:

For the Posh masks, I've had to tie an adjustable knot to make their earloop adjusters work, otherwise they slid out (unless I misunderstood something about them.) But they are really great otherwise -- my favorite of all the masks I've tried so far. They didn't fit DH, though. 

I feel the same with the Posh masks. I don't know why they went with a different type of earloop adjuster than everyone else uses. If I'm really careful not to make the opening too big when I adjust, they don't slip, but eventually they loosen. I bought a big bag of silicone ear loop adjusters that I can slide on them, which makes them easy to adjust as tight as I want. Or I attach the ear loops to an ear saver behind the head. Other than the adjusters not being ideal, once they are adjusted either with knots or adjusters or whatever, they are my favorite as well. My dh is the only one who doesn't use them, because they are a smidge on the small side (which I think is why they fit the rest of us so well). The kids ones are great.

Be a bit careful when adjusting the BOTN. Their adjusters work well, but the mask has a weak point right there where it is fused and sometimes it rips through. I've never had that happen with a Bluna Facefit, which adjusts the same way. Those are my college kids' favorites (except right now they are using Christmas themed Posh ones 🙂).

Edited by KSera

21 hours ago, KSera said:

I feel the same with the Posh masks. I don't know why they went with a different type of earloop adjuster than everyone else uses. If I'm really careful not to make the opening too big when I adjust, they don't slip, but eventually they loosen. I bought a big bag of silicone ear loop adjusters that I can slide on them, which makes them easy to adjust as tight as I want. Or I attach the ear loops to an ear saver behind the head. Other than the adjusters not being ideal, once they are adjusted either with knots or adjusters or whatever, they are my favorite as well. My dh is the only one who doesn't use them, because they are a smidge on the small side (which I think is why they fit the rest of us so well). The kids ones are great.

Be a bit careful when adjusting the BOTN. Their adjusters work well, but the mask has a weak point right there where it is fused and sometimes it rips through. I've never had that happen with a Bluna Facefit, which adjusts the same way. Those are my college kids' favorites (except right now they are using Christmas themed Posh ones 🙂).

Thanks! I'll tell DH to bring an extra BOTN along and not to futz with it too much. 

What ear saver do you use for the Posh? I do like ear savers... 

17 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Thanks! I'll tell DH to bring an extra BOTN along and not to futz with it too much. 

What ear saver do you use for the Posh? I do like ear savers... 

I mostly don’t, but when I do, I use either a knit one with buttons on each end, or I have some of the simple flat plastic ones. Mostly I use these adjusters instead: https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Drawstrings-Adjustable-Non-Slip-White-100Pcs)/dp/B08C7X7GN2/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=2PQ1IMDJS3L7F&keywords=earloop%2Badjuster&qid=1638931033&sprefix=earloop%2Badju%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

These days, if I feel like I need a behind the head strap, then I wear an n95 (3M Aura—same shape as the boat shaped kf94s)  

Just now, KSera said:

I mostly don’t, but when I do, I use either a knit one with buttons on each end, or I have some of the simple flat plastic ones. Mostly I use these adjusters instead: https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Drawstrings-Adjustable-Non-Slip-White-100Pcs)/dp/B08C7X7GN2/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=2PQ1IMDJS3L7F&keywords=earloop%2Badjuster&qid=1638931033&sprefix=earloop%2Badju%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

These days, if I feel like I need a behind the head strap, then I wear an n95 (3M Aura—same shape as the boat shaped kf94s)  

I just tie an adjustable knot. I'm good with knots, due to the years of wrapping as babywearing method and general fiddliness 😄

Where do you get the N95s? I dunno if we need some or not -- the KF94s seem plenty good -- but probably couldn't hurt... 

• 1 month later...