Menu

30 Days of Gratitude Challenge - Day 16

Granny_Weatherwax

Oh happy day!

Today we are showing gratitude for others and how they love our loved ones. Think of your spouse's golfing/hunting/fishing/music/shopping/sports/scrapbooking buddy. The friend who has stuck by your child for years. The college roommate who helps your older child navigate university. Those people who 'do' life with those we love.

Action step: send a message to one of these people telling them how much you appreciate what they do for your family member and how much it means to you.

• Like 2

My daughters have had the most wonderful horse-riding coach.  We've known her since the eldest was 6.  She takes her riders up the ranks to the highest level of competition, but yet it is never about winning, its always about taking part and enjoying the experience. 

She gently guides the kids to care for and encourage each other and for the older ones to 'pay it forward' by helping the younger ones.  I've never heard her get impatient or raise her voice.  Ever.  And believe me, there has been reason to over the years!  She has held in the frustration!  It is wonderful to have adults in our children's lives that enrich them and to whom they can look up to.

Sending her a note right away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm grateful for teachers and coaches who have the patience and talent to teach the hard-to-teach in ways that boost their confidence.

I'm grateful for friends who value my kids for what they offer, instead of judging them for what they lack.

With certain other people, it's a mixed bag.  I can be grateful for the things that help, while still being aware of things that are unhelpful.  😛

I generally make it a practice to over-thank people for their help and care.  As a single mom, I know all too well the value of people who can be there when I'm just too done, when I'm ill, when multiple things are failing me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm grateful for all the people who have come into our lives.

Dd found a group of older friends when she was a teenager, and they really looked out for her. She is still friends with them, one especially. I'll definitely send her a message. 

I was recently able to thank one of ds' coaches again in person. He really liked ds and thought he was a great kid. Ds swam from 6th grade on. Covid shut it down, and our local team never came back. 

Dh had a friend the last couple of years who was a real supporter and encourager. Dh has not had any close friends in quite some time, so I hated that we had to move away from this friend. I'll send him a message how grateful I am of his friendship with dh. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1