Take shower with fader hair product

Make breakfast

Put out compost

Have future SIL help me w/medicine box and maybe go w/me to a few places

Contact hospital business office

Contact others who need to file tricare supplement insurance

put away food items from meal service

call FSA and find out how much we have left

call neurologist and a) verify that faxed order was sent to correct fax number and b) find out if I need a re-test of the IQ test this year

Hopefully have dh decide if we are going to Huntsville Speological grotto picnic tomorrow and if so, get ingredients to make items to bring to the picnic

Join LearningQuest

Go to dentist and get my crown

find out where ds and future family are moving

Make dinner

Relax

• Like 6

Good morning, Christina! Good morning, y’all!

Today is busy! I’ve unloaded the dw, made apple cinnamon oatmeal and coffee, and printed something.

• Ds to school
  • Tutor three students and log sessions.  
  • Pack supper for me and dd  
  • Dd to dance class  
  • AHG - take laptop  
  • Read
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning! 

Today I have:

....coffee
....prep for K and 1st
....school with DS -- language arts, history

....message the fencing coach and let her know we're probably coming on Saturday instead of tonight 
....remember to email/call Grandma
....Bible study

....go through the meal plan/grocery list and get that ready for the week (tonight is pizza & football)
....sew? 
....work on a poem that is part of a sewing project
....feels like I'm forgetting something, but....??? 

....tonight - pizza & football 

Have a good day everyone! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

Howdie, happy Thursday!

Is it just me, or has this been a long week??

Done:

• Switched out the laundry in the wee hours, and a couple other minor tasks.
  • Slept 4 hours or so.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Morning pup duty.
  • Kids got to school early, yay!
  • A tiny bit of house cleaning.
  • Sent email to kid's teacher.
  • Caught up with news, emails, calendar, news, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • A tiny bit of client work.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Kid to lab for blood draw.
  • Kids to band practice.
  • Laundry.
  • Get band stuff ready for tomorrow.
  • Make the kids do their homework, housework, pup duty.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Did my hair 

Going w/dh to get rxs after work 

Try to guess my new bra size and buy some more online

Note to self: don't get water and ice from fridge if water filter is not in. Just learned that from youngest d'oh! 

Eat lunch. 

Wait for a bunch of Amazon packages to try on when delivered today 

School school school 

• Like 4

Christina and I must have been posting at the same time! 

I'll transfer my list over here. 

• pack dh's lunch bag for school, heat up breakfast
  • breakfast for me
  • teach 2 Zoom sessions this morning
  • pay bills/update checking
  • go to post office (never got there this week)
  • change some more bills' addresses coming to the house instead of the PO Box
  • research Norwex cleaning products (I have one cloth I had never used much but found in the move, and I like it.)
  • play our new game if dh wants to (A Little Wordy)
  • go for a walk
  • watch something, relax
  • Like 4

Dd made mexican layered dip for lunch. A little carby, but yummy! 

Currently hanging out during Dd’s dance class. Enjoying the pretty afternoon! This wait won’t be so fun in my car on a cold, wet day this winter. No place inside nearby to hang out and with covid, I wouldn’t anyway.

Wrote out announcements for AHG tonight.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Finished the meal plan/grocery list for the week, printed the meal recipes, hung them on the clip in the kitchen

Copied/pasted the contact info from my email replies, need to compile into a list

Helped DH and Oldest try to sort a software requirement for one of his classes....the free trial for students won't work, he can't find any of his schools listed, and it's a $200/MONTH subscription.....???? This doesn't seem right/accurate. They did a free trial for business users and will attempt further investigation later. He's got to be missing something, surely....

DH brought home pizza for dinner, so we've been munching on that

Pulled fabric and cut the pieces for the doors for my project -- it's a set of houses for a little quilt, so I wrote haiku for each house we've lived in and chose customized fabric for each door to represent that house/that time in our lives. ❤️ 

Going to investigate the software thing a bit and then it will be time for football. Tom Brady vs. the Cowboys. Should be a good game (gosh, I hope the Cowboys lose) (aside from liking Tom Brady, the Cowboys are my most hated team - #1 rule in our house is "never root for the Cowboys" Trumps all other rules of football).

• Like 3

I didn't realize football is on tonight, so no game nor walk.

Dh is tired anyway. And stressed.  He is having a difficult time with the technology in this classroom. They have some kind of Chrome all-in-one computer that doesn't have Windows, and he is struggling to figure out how to do things. He couldn't even figure out how to turn it off. If he knew the model, maybe he could find some tutorial videos or something. 

I picked up chicken tenders from KFC to go with our dinner. Maybe it's not a good thing having all those restaurants 1/2 a mile away. LOL!

I might try to find a movie to watch in another room. 

• Like 2

AHG meeting was good, but lots to do in follow up. Also found out that a core family is moving away next summer. 😢

Got home to Ds in a snit bc he wants more gaming time on the computer. Nope. Meltdown. Refusing to do his homework. Staying up way too late watching movies. I cannot parent this kid. 

Now got to try to wind down because tomorrow is an early day and a busy one. 

Getting some hot tea, a snack, melatonin, a book, headphones….

• Sad 2

Another night of chemistry homework after pup's bedtime.  I have no idea about this stuff.  I never had to take chemistry.  A course textbook would be nice.

Kid's teacher emailed me a response re kid transferring from honors to general chemistry.  She says she can track the time my kid is spending on homework, and Tuesday was "only" about 2 hours, which she was supposed to spread over the past week (half of which was the busy holiday weekend).  She also claims she only gives about an hour of homework a week.  Which is patently ridiculous, as I see what she has assigned.  I have sat and helped with more chemistry homework than that.  She also claims her class is not doing any more than the general chemistry class so far -- also BS, as kid2 is in general chemistry doing relatively little.

Kid1 has an A- right now, so teacher does not want to let her transfer.  I guess her choices are to slog all year or bomb her GPA.  (Not really sure what happens to the GPA if one transfers to another class.)

I will encourage my kid to go to the teacher about things that are hard, rather than try to research all night in order to complete the work on time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2