Menu

National Society of Leadership and Success

frogger

Is this a worthless money grab?

I usually throw away all the Who's who and honor society junk mail pretty quickly. This one actually has advisors from the school with legit university emails but at first glance, I'm still thinking worthless. 

Am I missing something? Thought I'd at least double check. 

• Like 1

My DD receives promotions like that occasionally. The last one arrived approximately 2 weeks ago. Things I have never heard of. Possibly some of them have good benefits but basically I think they want money and won't provide any benefit, because few if any people have ever heard of them.  I told her that if and when she receives an invitation for Phi Beta Kappa to sign up.

• Like 1

It is legitimate. It's sort of like National Honor Society. My campus has a chapter. I had some students bring me their invites last year so I investigated it (I think I look like everyone's mom, so I get questions about a bit of everything).

I'm not sure how much name recognition it would get on a resume, but I think they do have virtual speakers nationally and possibly some on-campus stuff. If you dc is interested in something like that, I'd have them reach out to their campus student activities people to see how much their chapter does. Otherwise, I'd let it go.

• Thanks 1