Menu

Tackling Sunday Together

ScoutTN

Good morning, Scout! 

Church, including a class for new families (supposed to be a big room where we can distance)

lunch in Chattanooga

take care off dd's cat there

not sure what else the day will hold, but hopefully putting together at least one of the bookcases today and the other by tomorrow

laundry either tonight or tomorrow

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning! Yesterday we spent about 3 hours at the Booth Western Museum.  Then we had a really tasty lunch at Sweats and then stopped at s cool Georgia bar and store.  We got strawberry wine, pear and almond mead, 4 different local beers, and peach bourbon butter that I think will be great on some dishes. (I can't drink almost any alcohol because of medications like bloid thinners but very, very occasionally, especially if my blood is too thick, drink about a quarter cup of wine or s drink w a tiny bit of something).  Then picked 6p my futer dinner and snacks and went home to watch Al crush Miami.  Then the rather boring GA v Clemson and at least GA won

• Like 4

Today we did birdwatching st our B&B before breakfast 

Then we went and are still at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park.  What we had no idea about was tgat this pkace is used by hundreds if noy thiusands of able bodied runner and some hikers every weekend to run up the mountain.  Fortunately, we were able to get a disabled parking spit and the runners were very polite and moved their chatting to the sidewalk. 

I was able ro get a permanent disabled pass by affirming that I am permanently disabled. This is so fantastic 

After Kennesaw, lunch 

Tellus science museum

Rest

Dinner out

• Like 4

Woke up very late, just now. I blame the overcast day. 

School, wash hair, school lol. 

Exercise, printed a great chart to keep me focused. I love other moms who are creative and share! 

Maybe sweep and vacuum downstairs 

Dh is hitting the Starbucks drive thru for me 

FaceTime son and dgd. I sure do miss my little peanut .

Youngest has one more day to quarantine, tomorrow he is free to roam our house with a mask on. He's not talking to anyone. He's very angry that he wasn't allowed to tested way earlier even though he and his friends know who had it. That poor kid feels so bad, but ds and his friends made sure to let him know it wasn't his fault. DS blames "stupid parents who don't follow rules." 😔 Of course he only told us that. 

Hope everyone has a great day! Christina, glad you're having fun! Scout, enjoy your quiet time. Amy enjoy your grandcat. Math teacher, sounds like you have a nice work day planned. Eta: The Reader enjoy your lazy day!

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 4

I got 7 of 8 sections repaired along one edge of the quilt; when I get the 8th one done that will complete that edge. 

Had lunch, took a long nap. (the 7 sections took 2.5 to 3 hours)

Now I'm heading up to work on a different sewing project for a while (will carry up/start laundry when I get up there). 

• Like 2

Still reading my chapter. I have realized that at the beginning of each chapter I need to write out the definitions to help my old lady brain memorize them. 

This chapter is over 60 pages and quite a bit are Scotus decisions. I'm really enjoying this class though! 

Planning on going back to first chapter after I finish to do those definitions.

Then tomorrow start on the next chapter. 

• Like 3

Today started with me cleaning one of our larger event centers from 11:20pm to about 3am.  Could have been worse - we did have help.  I then slept in until the early afternoon (except for about an hour I spent with the puppy in the morning).  Got up and was easing into the day, but then the maids arrived at 4pm. The pup has been barking on and off since then.  I spent about a half hour working on "quiet training" because he didn't like the maids being in our house.  Then I came up to my room with Coffee 2 to hide.

At 6pm the kids' friend came over for an overnight.  The barking started again.  I told the kids to go down and spend time with him.  They say he "tried to eat" their friend.  (We all know he doesn't like new people, but that's no excuse to leave him barking forever.)  I said go down anyway and I got some lip, I think from the friend, like "control your dog."  Well!  It's my kids' dog!  (He was/is in an outdoor fenced kennel, no danger to anyone unless the kids set him free.)  I told some lippy teens off, and I won't cry if this is the last sleepover for a while.  Because they let him bark so long, one of our neighbors complained (first neighbor complaint about our dog).  Ugh.  Yes, I know, first world problems!

Looking forward to the maids being done (around 8pm) so at least that irritant will be gone.

I really don't know how the rest of the day will go.  I guess I need to feed my kids at some point, unless they decide to cook something later.  I was thinking I'd take the pup for a walk, but right now, I don't think I should let certain people think I'm responding to their snide comments.  I was thinking of taking all the kids out to eat somewhere, but now I don't feel like doing that either.  Snots.  😛

Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

Hugs, @ScoutTN; I'm sorry it's gotten rough.  And you too, @SKL; mouthy teens are exhausting. 

I finished the last section on Side One/Edge One of the quilt, turned the corner to investigate Side Two and there are no repairs needed on that edge! yay!!! Have left a marker on Side Three which I'll work on tomorrow sometime. 

DH asked me to wait on this one load of laundry until tomorrow, so he can wear his "get gross in the garden" clothes one more time before throwing them in the wash, LOL! 

had dinner (leftovers), going up to watch a movie with the family in a little while (finally watching Cruella now that it's on the regular Disney+ subscription, not the add-on).

• Like 3