Menu

Well-Trained Bodies- August

Soror

I did manage to get out for that second walk last night to meet (exceed) my step goal.

This morning, I took the dog around the block, then dropped her home and headed out to do the next (second-to-last) trail section, 6.4K. I wasn't walking for speed today, but still kept up a decent pace (for me) of just over 11 minutes/K. 

A nice surprise when I made it back to my car was that the parking lot is adjacent to a small butterfly garden, so I wandered there for a few minutes before heading home. 

Not sure what the rest of the day holds. As always, I'll walk or bike or something to top off the step goal. 

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 473.5 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 183 Days
West Orange Trail: 19.65 of 22 miles

IMG_20210829_092525487.jpg

• Like 4

I ended up meeting my step goal for the day yesterday afternoon while shopping, but took the dog for a token walk in the evening, just because. 

This morning, we logged 3.6K, and I spent almost 30 minutes with weights and resistance bands. (Staying on the floor exercising was much more appealing to me than getting to work.) 

Same old, same old for the remainder of the day, except that the first of my two classes for the semester starts this evening and I will need to adjust my walking schedule around that.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 478.5 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 184 Days

• Like 4

Sat: 30 min HIIT- Tabata- Total buttkicker as always. So many pushups. + 15 min abs

Sunday- 1 hr walk;  20 min cardio (LISS) and 20 min yoga/stretching

Today (Monday): 1 hr walk- done ; Lower Body Strength- hamstring focused- 40 min+ warmup

2 weeks to go in my current workout program (Epic Heat on Youtube), woot!!

Again trying to focus on cutting the next 2 weeks. That didn't go as well as I hoped last week with so much stress but I'm hoping for a better week. My period is due in a couple of days so it could be a little rough but I'll do my best- focused on increased veggies and protein to help with hunger.

I'm doing terrible updating here- why I don't know. I'm still getting things done and still reading along what everyone here is doing (helps keep me motivated).

• Like 4

I ditched my walk yesterday. First time in ages. My nose was running to bad and I was sneezing like crazy. I doubled up on my allergy meds and spent the day indoors with tissues feeling very sleepy. 

Thankfully, I'm much better today and have already walked the dog this morning. ☺️

• Like 4

I skipped all the extra additional yoga I thought I would do over the weekend. My hip feels a bit better each day. Today I did 30 min walking on the treadmill but at a slower pace than usual. Apparently slower than my watch thinks is an acceptable workout, but the exercise ring did close later in the day.

Today was my first workday of the new year, but we don't have kids until the Wednesday after Labor Day. An EA friend helped clean out my classroom a bit which was a nice stress reliever. I really think I could spend a week just trying to get the classroom ready, but I need to focus on getting the class materials planned and ready. It was good to be around people again (and in Oregon most everyone is vaccinated--school staff has to be by 10/18). Tomorrow is all online training so I'll work from home.

• Like 4

@Ali in OR Glad you had a nice start to your new job. Are you at a different school now?

I'm feeling so much better, but still popping allergy pills to stay on top of things. Ds19 and I went for a really nice canoe paddle on my favourite little river (the one with turtles). First thing we saw was a log with 6 turtles sunning themselves! 😄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wintermom said:

@Ali in OR Glad you had a nice start to your new job. Are you at a different school now?

I'm feeling so much better, but still popping allergy pills to stay on top of things. Ds19 and I went for a really nice canoe paddle on my favourite little river (the one with turtles). First thing we saw was a log with 6 turtles sunning themselves! 😄

I'm thrilled to be at the same school working with the great people I've been working with the past three years--just a new role for me. Glad you're feeling better.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, wintermom said:

Ya, for feeling better. Stupid allergies. Fall is the worst for me so I'm waiting for it to hit here.

Today:

-wak

-upper body strength

I still have soreness from Saturday's workout(so many pushups) so we'll see how today goes...

• Like 2

@Ali in OR One of the things I still miss about homeschooling is the excitement at the start of each new academic year.  I'm happy to live vicariously through you an glad you're enjoying this time!

@wintermom Happy to hear your allergies may be in retreat, and still envious you get to visit turtles up close and personal.

Pretty normal yesterday evening/this morning for me. I walked last night to finish off my step count, walked a decent nearly 4K this morning, then did about 20 minutes of strength and stretching stuff. I also did a couple of minutes of jogging on the mini-trampoline.

Summer Splash Challenge Update: 486.4 of 500K
Daily Walking Streak: 185 Days

• Like 4

-1 hr walk 

- 35 min - Chest and Triceps 

-10 min core 

-20 min stretching 

Today is my last day of forced vacation. I start back teaching tomorrow on a M-F schedule 30 min earlier (might move 30 min earlier from that). So will be getting up at 4:30 and maybe pushing it to 4am. Current rumor is we only have 1 more month to teach in which case I want to get in all the classes/hours I can at a higher rate of pay. Will probably be getting in lots of naps as I adjust.

• Like 4

@Jenny in Florida Paddling and seeing turtles is definitely a wonderful experience for me! There are also lots of other wildlife to enjoy in that river that makes is very special. Great job keeping up your walking!

@Ali in OR Glad your 'tail' is healing and your dog's is all better. 

@Soror Enjoy your last day off. That's a very early start to your day. Hope you can get in all the naps you need. 😉

@Laura Corin I hope your flu symptoms are all gone and you are feeling better. Has colder fall weather started for you yet? When I lived further north in Canada the end of August was already showing signs of fall with shorter and colder days. 

The weather is truly beautiful today. No more high humidity, which is a great relief. I went for a dog walk already and will do something fun outdoor after work. Ds15 has his outdoor basketball summer league, and I usually walk or bike to that and watch the action. 

• Like 4

@wintermom Thanks, I'm better today. 

It just started to feel like autumn a couple  of days ago. I pulled out my winter fleece, some mohair socks and my dungarees.  It's cosy. It's been a lovely summer though. I'm still covered in itchy bites from hanging out in the hammock.

Today I just walked the dog at lunchtime.  But then after a pretty full-on day at work - including finding out that a second colleague out of our team of four is quitting - I had time for a full hour of yoga.  It felt good.

I made mushroom miso steel-cut oats for breakfast for the coming few days. I'll have it with Greek yoghurt, a shallow-poached egg or tofu scramble.  Yum.

• Like 4

Finished my 30 day challenge today! (It actually took me 31 days - I skipped one day due to a bad attitude and nerve pain in my left leg.) I really enjoyed the first three weeks of the challenge, but the last 7-10 days of workouts were just frustrating.

I am planning on restarting the challenge tomorrow. I kept track of how I felt about/after each workout, so I am going to substitute other videos for the handful that I did not like/had the most trouble with. She also has an intermediate 30-day challenge, and I'm hoping to be able to work my way up to that in the next few months.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1