Menu

Summit in Geneva - not political, just weirdly a hassle for this one day

Eos

• Eos changed the title to Summit in Geneva - not political, just weirdly a hassle for this one day
1 hour ago, Harpymom said:

Today is DD's culminating Master's recital, the end of her Fulbright, and the final exam for the degree.  The venue is literally at the edge of the security zone, about a mile from where they're meeting tomorrow.  She has three harps to move and she needs to finish and get home before the city shuts down later this afternoon. She's been describing the many black vans with tinted windows flying around, lots of sirens, and the really large guys with dark glasses casually strolling everywhere, suddenly.  She also has to move a theorbo for a friend who is playing in her recital because they decided she would be more likely to not be hassled while carrying a large solid instrument case past the street blockade.  She's been totally distracted by it all, which is probably good  for her nerves!

Hope they all got moved, and good luck to her! How exciting!

• Like 2

My local big city was the location for an event like that and we were already a planning a trip into the city that day.  It was wild to see all the security.  As time went by and the deadline to leave was coming it just ramped up and up and up.  Fascinating!

Nice addition to what's already sure to be a great story for your dd!

• Like 2

Congratulations to your dd!!  I hope that there's a way for you to watch her recital.

And too bad that all of the large guys and black vans can't help her move her instruments!

Also, I had never heard of a theorbo.  How beautiful, but how awkward to carry around!

• Like 2

On 6/15/2021 at 6:34 AM, Junie said:

And too bad that all of the large guys and black vans can't help her move her instruments!

That was just what I told her!  

Edited by Eos
  • Like 11