Menu

Tackling Thursday Together

mom31257

Good morning!

We had a great day yesterday with dd! The weather was great, too. 

• meals
  • go to Enterprise to see if we can find our garage door opener we think we left in the rental 
  • tidy house
  • clean out a closet that has art and school supplies in it
  • clean out a couple of book shelves that have a lot of school books and paperwork
  • start lesson planning for next week 
  • play a game
  • watch something
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning! Rainy here, but supposed to clear off.

I have taken meds, tested blood sugar (high. Boo!), made hot cereal for kids and woke them up. Coffee soon.

Today:

Ds to school. 
Let movers into storage unit.

Supervise as movers set up mom’s new room and unpack. 

AHG meeting this afternoon, including a Tenderheart BOR. 

Dinner is? 

• Like 3

Rain last night - so glad.

Found globe arborvitae at Costco yesterday - score.  Won't get planted until Friday.

Breakfast & coffee & out the door
Class for DD17 and for DD14.
Run home
Physics drop off
DD17 has on campus room selection for fall TODAY and I didn't realize it was ON CAMPUS until five minutes ago.  SMH

No clue for supper but likely takeout or pizza.

• Like 4

Good morning! 

Amy, I'm so glad you had a good visit!! 

(((hugs, Scout, as you work on getting your mom moved))))

My day today consists of:
....coffee
....prep for K on Monday
...prep for 1st on Monday
...prep for the 4 yr old tomorrow
....double check one set of print-outs for a make-up class I'm offering a little girl that missed class on Weds 
....check DS's school stuff for the week, make the Master List for the week, do today's stuff
....make sure we wake DS up in time for his vaccine appt
....dinner....???? 
....possibly go to the store today???? (dh is out of coffee creamer, and we need to be sure we have enough tylenol to get all of them through their 2nd doses today/Saturday)
....check laundry status, work on that
....text a friend with contact info for another friend
....anything I am probably forgetting....????
....Stranger Things tonight after dinner, unless DS is not feeling good

I would not normally do a make-up in person class, but the little girl who missed has autism, and class was super hands-on, so not really all that Zoomable, so I offered to just come over and do a make-up lesson, so that's tomorrow, but means I need to do all of the tomorrow stuff, today. Which is fine, just need to remember/stay on track doing that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, it hasn't started well.  I used 7 test strips and still didn't get my INR..  I have a call in to coumadin clinic as to what now?  I assume an  appt but what about testing at home? (They just called, appt tomorrow afternoon and I am supposed to bring equipment)

Finish putting away clothes 

If I ever feel better, start normal laundry 

Decide on dinner plans

Work on taxes I never seem to have time to get to

?

• Sad 3

Got DS up & out for his shot

Started laundry

Had lunch (breakfast?), planned dinner

Made the school list for DS for the week

gave DH all my tax stuff receipts to put with the "2020 taxes" file (we filed already, but I had the actual physical receipts for stuff)

Next up, 1st grade stuff

• Like 3

Hi guys, happy Thursday.

I feel crabby.  Why?  Probably because I'm not being productive, and not eating right.

On the positive side, I got to have a shower and hair wash today.  And it's beautiful outside.  And my kids at Universal Orlando had their band performance livestreamed so I got to watch it.  And I was "home alone" for a few hours and didn't get any nastygrams from clients.  So it's not a bad day.  I just don't feel great.

My kids are also complaining because it's hot in Orlando and they are on their feet the whole day.  Apparently they aren't allowed to sit down in the shade?  Is that a Covid thing or are they just being dramatic?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, SKL said:

Hi guys, happy Thursday.

I feel crabby.  Why?  Probably because I'm not being productive, and not eating right.

On the positive side, I got to have a shower and hair wash today.  And it's beautiful outside.  And my kids at Universal Orlando had their band performance livestreamed so I got to watch it.  And I was "home alone" for a few hours and didn't get any nastygrams from clients.  So it's not a bad day.  I just don't feel great.

My kids are also complaining because it's hot in Orlando and they are on their feet the whole day.  Apparently they aren't allowed to sit down in the shade?  Is that a Covid thing or are they just being dramatic?

Smiling for your home alone part and getting to watch the kids; boo for the crabby anyway (had days like that before too....); not sure why they can't sit down and rest.....probably/maybe the seats/gathering areas are moved or roped off still....?? Yikes. I hope that's a little bit of an exaggeration. 

• Like 3

About the rheumatologist visit, there was both good news and not so good news.  She has left her cell phone number with my wound doctor and wants to hear whether a) he thinks I have any infection (he told us on Tuesday that I didn't but she wants word from him and b) whether he saw any evidence of vasculitis or another autoimmune skin.  As long as the answer to a) is no, she will start me back on more of my arthritis medications.  If answer to b is yes, she will do more aggressive treatment like also increasing steroids.  If answer to b is no, we will start back but she will want the wound doctor to keep in touch with her as to whether the restarting of biologic and stronger DMARD has led to any slowing of wound healing, etc.

As to a topic I have never brought up to her before, I have increasing times when I can't lift a leg when lying down or sitting like trying to put on pant leg.  Also, problems lifting too at times, things I can usually lift easily.  She said it sounds like myositis and she ordered lab orders to be faxed to my primary care so he can get them to me-  she is in Nashville and I am in Huntsville, AL.  

• Like 3

Scout, I hope things have gone well with the move! 

SKL, I'm not being productive, either, and I feel a bit guilty about it. I ended up watching a movie and an episode of Madam Secretary. 

Christina, I'm so sorry about your leg! I am praying for healing of the wound and answers about it as well! 

They called about my blood work, and it is 0.1 away from normal (continued to go down), so I don't have to be retested for the RMSF. Thank you for praying! 

I need to do something tonight, but I had a sinus headache this morning and have felt lazy. We did go find the garage door opener! And we ate at Five Guys while we were there. It's so good! 

Dinner is going to be a frozen pizza for the guys and a salad. I'll eat some salad and maybe a baked potato. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh, I'm jealous, Amy! The Five Guys that was near us closed a while ago (pre-pandemic) and we just never make it out to any of the others. They are so good!

got home from the grocery store, and saw on FB that my cousin's workplace had an incident that made the news that has left all the family grateful he wasn't yet at work when said incident occurred. Holy cow. I can't decide whether to call my aunt and touch base, or not (we are moderately close, but not super close, and he wasn't there, and.....???) (but, dang, if it had been my kid's workplace, I'd be all kinds of shook up)  

Vegging out for a little bit before I cook dinner -- a spin off spaghetti using this chicken sausage with spinach/feta in it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheReader said:

Praying, Christina (side note: do you prefer to go by Chris or Christina?? @TravelingChris) , for the rheumatoid stuff, both w/regards to the wound and to the leg lifting; I hope it's nothing serious. 

It doesn't make any difference to me.  People also called me Red, M (my real name is M Christina) and also my dh called ( calls) me Tina too.  I just don't like Chrissy or Christy=I would not respond to those.  And the Tina that my dh called (calls?), I never even noticed for the longest time.

• Like 3

The movers were amazing! Mom’s stuff is moved and unpacked. Picture hanger part of their team comes tomorrow. I have through next Wed to get all the little things done so it will feel very homey for mom when she arrives next Thursday.

AHG was fun, though we had a small crowd due to a rampant stomach bug and multiple dance/theater dress rehearsals. The girls chose Geocaching and Orienteering as next year’s troop badge. Fun! 

@SKL Tonight I gave out the last of the shirts you sent and they were received with enthusiasm! Thanks! 

Next up: hot tea and my book.

• Like 3

Reader, the closest to us is 30 minutes away, so we don't get it often. It is SOOOO good. I love to get the bell peppers grilled along with the onion. 

Scout, that is great news about your mom's things. 

I got some motivation to do some deep cleaning in the main living areas. Dh has a friend coming over to help with a project and his wife may come with him (friend of mine). 

• Like 1