Menu

Call the Midwife Christmas Special - spoilers likely

theelfqueen

I love this show and have watched it from the beginning. I believe that some of the best writers work for this show as the actors/actresses that leave the show don't detract from the story lines as much as other shows. I love Reggie and his character. I can really identify with Sheila and her desire to have Christmas for just her family. Their plucking the turkey was hilarious. My mom once ordered a goose, thinking it would be fun. It was just like that - a dead goose. My sister and I were totally grossed out and refused to eat it!! But we were pre-teens then who hated anything not "cool." I was particularly crying during the story of the lady who had seven (?) miscarriages and was too afraid to be happy about her baby being born. It was my story years ago. One of the reasons I love this show. It seems to write true realistic stories.

• Like 2

I just finished it. I'm a big fan - I've read all the books and watched all the seasons (several times each). 

I like Valerie Dyer -- she gave a local connection. I hope she comes back this coming season. And I hope the focus on Trixie's love life in the special is setting up a love interest for her. I did like the dentist...

• Like 2