Menu

sending flowers to Germany advice please

Melissa in Australia

I do contact local florists online or even call - time difference is awkward but can be done. I've had good results with this. Seems like they make an effort because  they are local and the recipient is local so there is an incentive to deliver a decent product.

I've had large arrangements delivered to weddings and funerals.

I have never tried fleurop from the US.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

I do contact local florists online or even call - time difference is awkward but can be done. I've had good results with this. Seems like they make an effort because  they are local and the recipient is local so there is an incentive to deliver a decent product.

I've had large arrangements delivered to weddings and funerals.

I have never tried fleurop from the US.

I would not assume that a German florist would be able to communicate in English. I would recommend doing this by phone only if you're fluent in German.

Also,  credit card acceptance is very limited in Germany,  and you can't count on being able to use the credit card to pay the individual florist. Going through the fleurop.de network means not having to worry about that; fleurop does take cc, even if the florist doesn't. 

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sent flowers to a relative in Sweden recently, and I used 1800flowers.com.  They were very helpful, and communicated with me every step of the way.  When there was a problem at the final end -- at the flower shop in Sweden -- they contacted me immediately.  They were looking for a better phone number to contact the receiver of the flowers, which I was able to give them.  My relative told me that the flowers arrived and were beautiful!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, regentrude said:

I would not assume that a German florist would be able to communicate in English. I would recommend doing this by phone only if you're fluent in German.

Also,  credit card acceptance is very limited in Germany,  and you can't count on being able to use the credit card to pay the individual florist. Going through the fleurop.de network means not having to worry about that; fleurop does take cc, even if the florist doesn't. 

DH can understand German, but  is very slow at speaking as his parents are German and spoke it at home, but dh hasn't practice  for many years. 

Good to know about the credit card. Thank you

Edited by Melissa in Australia