Menu

new hope for nightmare sufferers!

ktgrok

If/when this pans out and is available to the public I will get it for my son with PANDAS and sleep issues. I was up at 1:30 am again with him because he had a nightmare. Then he will spend days and days worried about having another, and refuse to sleep. This would be life changing for him! (and me!)

My family has a long history of sleep issues - my mom, myself, my sister, and my son all have nightmares, history of sleep talking, sleep walking, etc. 

https://t.co/9o0z17Lx50?amp=1

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

If/when this pans out and is available to the public I will get it for my son with PANDAS and sleep issues. I was up at 1:30 am again with him because he had a nightmare. Then he will spend days and days worried about having another, and refuse to sleep. This would be life changing for him! (and me!)

My family has a long history of sleep issues - my mom, myself, my sister, and my son all have nightmares, history of sleep talking, sleep walking, etc. 

https://t.co/9o0z17Lx50?amp=1

That's wonderful.  What a blessing.   I remember constant nightmares when I was a kid.  it's no fun.

I don't know if it would be safe for kids, but I take a very low dose of prazosin, which is a blood pressure medication but is prescribed also to prevent nightmares.  It's remarkably effective.  Sometimes bad things happen in my dreams, but there's no panic to it, so I'm not scared when I wake up?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terabith said:

I don't know if it would be safe for kids, but I take a very low dose of prazosin, which is a blood pressure medication but is prescribed also to prevent nightmares.  It's remarkably effective.  Sometimes bad things happen in my dreams, but there's no panic to it, so I'm not scared when I wake up?  

Thank you; my mom has been having a terrible time with nightmares and I will mention this to her!

• Like 1