Menu

Daily Movement - Monday, December 7

purpleowl

18 minutes ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

I need to join today! I recently lost my best walking partner, our dear dog, and am struggling to get back out there without him. I'm posting here now to commit to a walk at 2:00 while my kids are in a class. Will update later.

I'm sorry for your loss - I'm sure it's very difficult to go for walks right now. I'm proud of you for committing to walk today. ❤️

• Like 2

Woke up to rain this morning that made my usual outdoor walk seem unappealing (especially to the dog). So I settled on doing the Leslie Sansone 5K with a Twist video, then tackled day two of the 12 Days of Fitness challenge (which just might defeat me).

Those kinds of indoor steps don't register on the Holiday Hustle app, but I am already ahead on that challenge.

It was then time to shower sit down to work, so my 30 minutes on the stationary bike will have to be an afternoon or evening activity.

• Like 2

I did a 25 minute DDPY workout.   It is getting easier.  Pushups are still hard but this is getting easier.

Then I got on my treadmill and called an elderly lady from church to check in with her.   I was huffing quite a bit.  About 15 minutes in I realized it was because a) I was talking the whole time and b) I had increased the incline up to 8% grade for a few minutes last time and didn't reset it, and c) I increased the speed just a tad.

That said, I did 20 minutes at the faster pace and higher grade, then 5 minutes backwards at the higher grade but much slower, and then a 5 minute cool down, still at the higher Incline but at only 2mph.

I don't love the treadmill at all but I do find it is getting easier and will be good for getting me into hiking shape for spring.

• Like 4

Did the walk! 8,746 steps today. For today, that's good. 

(Editing to add ~ Thank you for the kind words. DS and I think we are doing better this week than before. I'm ok one minute, and then have to sit down because I can't breathe. I miss him so much. It is better for me to walk in places he didn't go, like the place where my kids' class was today. I need to work up to going in our regular "together" places. Not ready yet but need the exercise somehow.)

Edited by Lucy the Valiant
  • Like 5

Walked this AM first thing.  Vowing to get back into the habit that I have begun since July that got dumped for Thanksgiving cleaning (despite no real event), time change, slump post 20-in-20, and work travel with DH.  Back to it today and it felt so good to be out at dawn!

I am so sorry to hear you lost your walking canine companion @Lucy the Valiant

Edited by Familia
ETA sympathy
  • Like 1

I got 30 minutes on my exercise bike and a pilates session in this evening. I did some extra stretching afterward. I think I'm getting stronger. 

12 hours ago, Lucy the Valiant said:

I need to join today! I recently lost my best walking partner, our dear dog, and am struggling to get back out there without him. 

I'm so sorry, Lucy. 

• Like 1