Menu

Where could I find a placemat holder like this

Excelsior! Academy

Your pottery barn link will not open for me. But, if it is an woven place mat made of jute or coir, my local Target has those (I saw some 10 days ago):

https://www.target.com/p/natural-jute-braid-charger-threshold-8482/-/A-51578467

ETA: nvm you asked for a placemat Holder and not placemats!

Edited by mathnerd

1 hour ago, Excelsior! Academy said:

Those look neat, but I would like to just purchase a pre-made holder.  I already have oodles of placemats.

Are you looking for storage, or display? I can't see the Pottery Barn one, and can't tell from the other if you want "something I can place on the table, with the placemats in it, so that we can quickly grab them and it looks cute while doing its job" or if you just/mainly want "someplace for the placemats to live when not in use, function over style is fine". 

If it's the former, I am no help, as I have no idea (maybe a cute hat box/storage box from someplace like Michael's or Hobby Lobby??), if it's function, then would they fit in a vertical file folder thing? Like a magazine rack, file folder stand-up box, etc? (one with tall sides)?

Or a cake stand? Cake box? Plate display box/stand? you may just need to get creative with search terms....

17 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Are you looking for storage, or display? I can't see the Pottery Barn one, and can't tell from the other if you want "something I can place on the table, with the placemats in it, so that we can quickly grab them and it looks cute while doing its job" or if you just/mainly want "someplace for the placemats to live when not in use, function over style is fine". 

If it's the former, I am no help, as I have no idea (maybe a cute hat box/storage box from someplace like Michael's or Hobby Lobby??), if it's function, then would they fit in a vertical file folder thing? Like a magazine rack, file folder stand-up box, etc? (one with tall sides)?

Or a cake stand? Cake box? Plate display box/stand? you may just need to get creative with search terms....

Both.  I would like something to set on the table, but that would allow changing of different sets.  The Pottery Barn basket is the closest I've found so far, but would like 2 or 3 holders.  At $70+ each to house inexpensive placemats, it just isn't an investment I want to make.  I was hoping to find something similar in style, but more affordable.  

I like the magazine holder idea.  I will research it.  Thank you for the idea!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Excelsior! Academy said:

@TheReader The cake stand and hat box idea is spectacular!  Those can be found affordably and easily!  Thank you, again.

You are very welcome 🙂  I'm glad I could help; I habitually use normal objects for odd purposes, so I'm rather used to thinking out of the box like that (I have a napkin holder for my mail, a bread box on its side for my teas & coffee stuff, etc....)