Menu

What can I use this for?-- Leftover coconut milk and pineapple liquid

I sometimes cook a ham chunk (a whole ham is just too big for us) in a pot with 2 cans of coconut milk and one big can of pineapple chunks and the juice. It's YUMMY, but I'm always left with a ton of liquid afterward, and it's so delish I hate to waste it. I usually cook couscous in it the next day, but I'm out, and I need to do something with it tonight or tomorrow.

Any fabulous ideas? Can this be a base for some kind of soup, do you think?

TIA!

Those who suggested throwing in curry powder, you wouldn't use like a yellow curry powder like the kind used in Indian curry would you? I'm thinking red curry like Thai curry would be better, but I have limited experience making curry since I've only tried 3 recipes (2 Indian, and 1 Thai).

Those who suggested throwing in curry powder, you wouldn't use like a yellow curry powder like the kind used in Indian curry would you? I'm thinking red curry like Thai curry would be better, but I have limited experience making curry since I've only tried 3 recipes (2 Indian, and 1 Thai).

I have done yellow curry powder with coconut milk and the recipe turned out delicious. :)

That's what came to mind for me, too.

Cook potatoes, cabbage, carrots in the liquid (you may need to also add stock or water) and call it cabbage soup.

Cook rice and chicken breasts in it and call it curried chicken casserole.

Cook butternut squash and apples in it, along with curry, salt, pepper, and maybe some cayenne -- add nut or cow's milk, puree it, and call it curried squash soup.

Good luck!