Menu

Decorated cookies, custom

DawnM

Any idea what I can expect to pay for somewhat large (6x6 inch round or shaped) and decorated sugar cookies?

I am trying to send some to my son and his housemates.   I believe there are 8 young adults and 4 or 5 leaders.   

I am finding a couple on FB Messenger for around $5 per cookie.  Is that about right?    

Any thoughts?  If I am going to get 2 cookies per person for $10, I may just opt to send them a large pizza gift card so they can order pizza.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Any idea what I can expect to pay for somewhat large (6x6 inch round or shaped) and decorated sugar cookies?

I am trying to send some to my son and his housemates.   I believe there are 8 young adults and 4 or 5 leaders.   

I am finding a couple on FB Messenger for around $5 per cookie.  Is that about right?    

Any thoughts?  If I am going to get 2 cookies per person for $10, I may just opt to send them a large pizza gift card so they can order pizza.

I have a text in to someone who would know and will reply when I find out. All I remember was it was too expensive for the purpose I had in mind (for a grad party), even though the lady does gorgeous cookies and it is a reasonable price for her time and effort. 

I’m sure it was in that neighborhood - $5/cookie.

• Like 1

For large custom cookies, yes, that sounds right. Would the custom decorating have some meaning, or just for pretty? Because I can order fresh frosted sugar cookies and other bakery items from our Walmart or local grocery and have them delivered as a grocery order ($35+). You could do a mix of snacks that way, too. 

If the decorating was going to have meaning or a fun message, you can do a decorated cake or cookie cake for a lot less than the equivalent amount of cookies, but probably couldn't get it delivered for free. One of the leaders might pick it up if the store is nearby. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, katilac said:

For large custom cookies, yes, that sounds right. Would the custom decorating have some meaning, or just for pretty? Because I can order fresh frosted sugar cookies and other bakery items from our Walmart or local grocery and have them delivered as a grocery order ($35+). You could do a mix of snacks that way, too. 

If the decorating was going to have meaning or a fun message, you can do a decorated cake or cookie cake for a lot less than the equivalent amount of cookies, but probably couldn't get it delivered for free. One of the leaders might pick it up if the store is nearby. 

I would like to have a music theme as they are doing a lot of music performing.  They are all musicians.  

On 8/20/2020 at 1:31 PM, DawnM said:

That sounds about right. I keep wanting to support a friend of mine with a business doing these. But everytime the cost deters me.