Menu

April 2020 Well-Trained Bodies

Laura Corin

16 minutes ago, soror said:

Great job!

I hear you, I have to really watch it with my shoulder. I was feeling it today from the raking. I think we all have spots that give us more grief too.

Wow, that sounds wonderful, what a treat.

Oh, that is disappointing, seems crazy to ban it so far this early but who knows how this will go, I hope it is not so long.

No walk yesterday as we tackled the fence after school and that took over 5 hrs to do. I really watched how much scrubbing I did since my shoulder is already sore, I mostly did the spraying. 

I want to do something fun outside since we've been working so hard but am trying to figure out what we can do that is away from people...

I have more strength work this morning I think, this week I have 4 days instead of 3 and they are shorter. I'll do something else with it.

Congratulations getting the fence painted!! That's a huge job. Glad you could use a sprayer, and you were able to save your shoulder. 

I'm discovering more and more 'fragile body parts' that I need to be careful with (e.g., hands, shoulders, neck and knees). The list keeps growing. 😄

• Haha 2

I was on a mission this morning to try and find a bird (some kind of fowl, like a grouse or partridge) I heard while walking the dog in the woods yesterday. I got up at 6am and walked to the woods without the dog. I thought I heard the bird and I found a spot to sit and wait, but no luck seeing it. There were plenty of other birds singing away, though. Very few people were out that early! 😉  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

That is amazing! I'd be camped out with a chair and a cup of coffee and just watch the entertainment. 😉

I'm not going to make it down there today.  Went for a quick march round the village at lunchtime instead, then I'm going to the shop tonight instead of more walks.  I'll try again tomorrow evening.

• Like 2

Still laid low by nausea and fatigue... I did half an hour of running intervals yesterday before I got nauseous and then did about an hour of yardwork today before I got overheated.  I seem to get out of breath very easily!  Ugh, I went from feeling like a Viking warrior-ess to a fainting female character in an old book slowly dying of consumption, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Fitbit popped up and told me that I was doing fewer steps during the week than at weekends, so maybe I needed to import some of my weekend habits into the weekdays.  Are all their clients independently wealthy?

Maybe they do less on the weekend so the weekdays are noticeably less? 😉  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Still laid low by nausea and fatigue... I did half an hour of running intervals yesterday before I got nauseous and then did about an hour of yardwork today before I got overheated.  I seem to get out of breath very easily!  Ugh, I went from feeling like a Viking warrior-ess to a fainting female character in an old book slowly dying of consumption, lol. 

The first trimester is really tough. You are a warrior inside, though, creating another human being! You can do this. 

• Like 3

I am onto a beach body work out called Hammer and Chisel with the exception of keeping Tuesday's as leg day with alternating beast bulk and beast build legs and chisel agility for beast cardio.  The difference lifting programs have made in this 50+ year old are worth the effort. 

I also get a walk in the mornings taking all the hills in my neighborhood while listening to a pod cast to start the day positive.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Hang in there. Cut yourself some slack to avoid injury, as you may find you are not able to take some of your normal anti-inflammatories. I'm not up on the science of that any more. The first trimester is really hard.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

I'm sorry, you are still a warrior, what is more badass than growing a human? 

22 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Fitbit popped up and told me that I was doing fewer steps during the week than at weekends, so maybe I needed to import some of my weekend habits into the weekdays.  Are all their clients independently wealthy?

I got the same message too, I was thinking of course I am. That might change once we completely finish school but still I am going to have slower days, I can't go as hard every day.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:52 AM, wintermom said:

I was on a mission this morning to try and find a bird (some kind of fowl, like a grouse or partridge) I heard while walking the dog in the woods yesterday. I got up at 6am and walked to the woods without the dog. I thought I heard the bird and I found a spot to sit and wait, but no luck seeing it. There were plenty of other birds singing away, though. Very few people were out that early! 😉  

Is it light that early there? It is still dark here at that time.

Well, we decided our best option was adventuring the woods in front of the house. We had a great time, we walked the creek for nearly a mile, the girls ended up in to their necks at one of the high spots. I only got up to my thighs.

Exercise today: HIIT & Yoga

I'm not sure what work we'll do today. We'll see if I want to tackle the shed yet, or maybe work on some pots for the front porch. 

We're going kayaking after dh gets home from work. 

My motivation for inside exercise has been so low, I just want to do outside stuff but I hate to stop the habit of indoor morning exercise, I'm so torn. 

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, soror said:

Is it light that early there? It is still dark here at that time.

Well, we decided our best option was adventuring the woods in front of the house. We had a great time, we walked the creek for nearly a mile, the girls ended up in to their necks at one of the high spots. I only got up to my thighs.

Exercise today: HIIT & Yoga

I'm not sure what work we'll do today. We'll see if I want to tackle the shed yet, or maybe work on some pots for the front porch. 

We're going kayaking after dh gets home from work. 

My motivation for inside exercise has been so low, I just want to do outside stuff but I hate to stop the habit of indoor morning exercise, I'm so torn. 

I started my early morning walk just as the sun was rising. It was light outside. The evenings are staying light longer, too! It's such a relief after a long, dark winter.

The creek wading sounds cool! Kayaking sounds wonderful, too. Enjoy yourselves!  

How long is your indoor morning exercise? Can you tailor it to suit your needs and keep it going?  I actually like doing my push-ups and stretches/strength work in the morning. Mostly because those exercises really help my body function better throughout the day. And the push-ups would never get done if I left them for later. 😉

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, wintermom said:

I started my early morning walk just as the sun was rising. It was light outside. The evenings are staying light longer, too! It's such a relief after a long, dark winter.

The creek wading sounds cool! Kayaking sounds wonderful, too. Enjoy yourselves!  

How long is your indoor morning exercise? Can you tailor it to suit your needs and keep it going?  I actually like doing my push-ups and stretches/strength work in the morning. Mostly because those exercises really help my body function better throughout the day. And the push-ups would never get done if I left them for later. 😉

I  have been exercising 30-45 minutes. Honestly, at this point I'd prefer 20 minutes, 30 minutes tops. Another part of the problem is I teach until 8 am since the time change and then I take until 8:30 to have a snack, read news, catch up here. By that time the girls are usually up and around and dh has been off more days too. It is not nearly as enjoyable working out with them up, they leave me alone just fine but I don't enjoy it as much, I'd rather start our day. 

IDK I guess I've got to rethink this, I was planning on going as is, just changing programs to something to do at home. Maybe I just need to throw that out the window and make a barebones plan and forget the rest. The outside work is more low intensity but it needs to be done, I'm enjoying it, and it is good to be outside. 

• Like 2

I completed my push-ups, indoor exercises, 2 dog walks, and some painting prep. I think my spring allergies are starting up. Head's getting stuffed up. So windows will only be opened when we're actually painting. This is the only thing I don't like about spring. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, wintermom said:

I completed my push-ups, indoor exercises, 2 dog walks, and some painting prep. I think my spring allergies are starting up. Head's getting stuffed up. So windows will only be opened when we're actually painting. This is the only thing I don't like about spring. 

Good job! I agree with you on the allergies. Fall is the worst for me but spring isn't great. I'm currently taking Claritin and Zyrtec and it is working pretty well as long as I stay away from the leaves!

@Laura Corin thank you for the lovely photos as always. There are some adorable baby goats on our way to church but that is not within walking distance, we want to pet them so badly they are just too cute.

I did 12 min of HIIT and 12 min of Yoga yesterday. I think I've decided to drop HIIT, it is supposed to be good for me but I just don't care to do it right now. 

We also finally did some kayaking! We had a good time and the water felt good after working all day with the temp nearly 90. I've never been good at rowing and haven't went in ages but I felt like I had more power since I am stronger than I was.

Dd and I spent several hours cleaning around the shed. The shed has to be painted along with the house but couldn't be done until we got the cleaning done. It wasn't the most fun job but I'm proud we got it done it looks so good. Plenty of exercise there moving this and that, some of it so heavy we were struggling to move it.

Today dh is home so we are painting!!! Hoping to get the gray on the back siding and paint the trim on the side. 

I woke a bit early so I'm getting ready to do some strength work. I'm going to cut sets and do what I can fit in. After teaching I'll have a quick breakfast and we'll be onto painting and afterwards I'm certain I won't have the energy, even if I have the time.

ETA

Strength work done except jumps (too loud inside and pitch black inside), took me a little over 20 minutes, since they changed schedule this week and I took out jumps it is much more manageable. I finally did full shrimp squats and felt good overall and I figured out my protein powder tastes fine with just unsweet almond milk. Now it's time for teaching.

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

Y'all are up to so many interesting active things!  Creek wading!  Lambs!  Home improvement!  So jealous! 

I tried to do a bodyweight workout yesterday, but I couldn't even get through the warmup.  Bah.  I walked 30 minutes instead.  I guess I will be a walking/prenatal yoga type after all!  Once the pool is up and running that will be good too.  Today I'll do some weeding and raking at my parents' house, plus force my mom to go on a walk in the woods with me.

I am started to really look forward to having a baby again.  The baby phase is my favorite, and my husband has never experienced that.  I think that once the first trimester woes are over and I feel more like myself I will really enjoy everything.  Right now though, I just feel like I have mono and a stomach virus simultaneously! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Y'all are up to so many interesting active things!  Creek wading!  Lambs!  Home improvement!  So jealous! 

I tried to do a bodyweight workout yesterday, but I couldn't even get through the warmup.  Bah.  I walked 30 minutes instead.  I guess I will be a walking/prenatal yoga type after all!  Once the pool is up and running that will be good too.  Today I'll do some weeding and raking at my parents' house, plus force my mom to go on a walk in the woods with me.

I am started to really look forward to having a baby again.  The baby phase is my favorite, and my husband has never experienced that.  I think that once the first trimester woes are over and I feel more like myself I will really enjoy everything.  Right now though, I just feel like I have mono and a stomach virus simultaneously! 

Sounds like a good plan.  Sorry you are so tired - the old 'eating for two' thing may be out of date, but I think 'sleeping and relaxing for two' is completely valid.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soror said:

Good job! I agree with you on the allergies. Fall is the worst for me but spring isn't great. I'm currently taking Claritin and Zyrtec and it is working pretty well as long as I stay away from the leaves!

@Laura Corin thank you for the lovely photos as always. There are some adorable baby goats on our way to church but that is not within walking distance, we want to pet them so badly they are just too cute.

I did 12 min of HIIT and 12 min of Yoga yesterday. I think I've decided to drop HIIT, it is supposed to be good for me but I just don't care to do it right now. 

We also finally did some kayaking! We had a good time and the water felt good after working all day with the temp nearly 90. I've never been good at rowing and haven't went in ages but I felt like I had more power since I am stronger than I was.

Dd and I spent several hours cleaning around the shed. The shed has to be painted along with the house but couldn't be done until we got the cleaning done. It wasn't the most fun job but I'm proud we got it done it looks so good. Plenty of exercise there moving this and that, some of it so heavy we were struggling to move it.

Today dh is home so we are painting!!! Hoping to get the gray on the back siding and paint the trim on the side. 

I woke a bit early so I'm getting ready to do some strength work. I'm going to cut sets and do what I can fit in. After teaching I'll have a quick breakfast and we'll be onto painting and afterwards I'm certain I won't have the energy, even if I have the time.

ETA

Strength work done except jumps (too loud inside and pitch black inside), took me a little over 20 minutes, since they changed schedule this week and I took out jumps it is much more manageable. I finally did full shrimp squats and felt good overall and I figured out my protein powder tastes fine with just unsweet almond milk. Now it's time for teaching.

I'll have to crack open the Zyrtec pretty soon, I guess. I've been resisting the start, but it is time. I agree with you, baby goats are amazingly cute as well. I love how playful lambs and kids are, too. 

Your days sound very full, active, practical and varied! My favourite combination. I really like my exercises to have a clear purpose. Entertainment is a perfect purpose for me, by the way. 😄 It's higher on the list than 'less fun intervals.' 

Great job with all the cleaning and painting. It is exhausting, but also rewarding in that you can see the positive results immediately!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

I love how you are listening to your body and trying a variety of exercises. It's excellent to have the foundation of walking and stretching. I loved swimming and being in the water during all my pregnancies! It's especially nice later on when the belly gets bigger and heavy. 😉  

I loved the baby phase, too! It was exhausting, but so satisfying snuggling with the little bundle. Glad you are looking forward to it!

• Like 1

It's raining this morning, so I'll hold off on my walks for a while. There is still push-ups, indoor exercises and painting to be done today. 

Dh has measured our backyard and it looks like we'll try putting up our tennis net! I think it will be hilarious to hit some balls around. Our ground is far from flat, so it will be crazy. He thought flight-restricted balls would be a good idea - that's when I knew he was serious about this project. 😂

• Like 1

On 4/7/2020 at 7:38 PM, lynn said:

I am onto a beach body work out called Hammer and Chisel with the exception of keeping Tuesday's as leg day with alternating beast bulk and beast build legs and chisel agility for beast cardio.  The difference lifting programs have made in this 50+ year old are worth the effort. 

I also get a walk in the mornings taking all the hills in my neighborhood while listening to a pod cast to start the day positive.

Glad you are enjoying the strength building work-outs! I have to admit to being excited about having defined muscles as a 50+ year old lady. 

What kind of podcasts do you enjoy? I can't wear ear buds or head-phones, so while walking I just listen to the birds chirping. I'd like to listen to a podcast at home, though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Glad you are enjoying the strength building work-outs! I have to admit to being excited about having defined muscles as a 50+ year old lady. 

What kind of podcasts do you enjoy? I can't wear ear buds or head-phones, so while walking I just listen to the birds chirping. I'd like to listen to a podcast at home, though.

My younger son referred to my biceps as 'guns' this week.  Which made me giggle.  But I'm also pleased with how much more muscular I am (under a good cushion of squidge).

I walked up to see the calves at lunchtime, but they were down the other end of the field.  I could just see the parents' horns over the rise.  So, three mile walk today and I hope to do some yoga this evening after virtual bookgroup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

My younger son referred to my biceps as 'guns' this week.  Which made me giggle.  But I'm also pleased with how much more muscular I am (under a good cushion of squidge).

I walked up to see the calves at lunchtime, but they were down the other end of the field.  I could just see the parents' horns over the rise.  So, three mile walk today and I hope to do some yoga this evening after virtual bookgroup.

I wasn't going to mention the squidge. It's a little too easy to notice the difference between hard muscle and soft squidge. I'm going with squidge = layers of skin. 😂

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wintermom said:

It's raining this morning, so I'll hold off on my walks for a while. There is still push-ups, indoor exercises and painting to be done today. 

Dh has measured our backyard and it looks like we'll try putting up our tennis net! I think it will be hilarious to hit some balls around. Our ground is far from flat, so it will be crazy. He thought flight-restricted balls would be a good idea - that's when I knew he was serious about this project. 😂

Ya, that is great news, at least it is something.

19 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Hey, building those muscles takes work, that is wonderful.

19 hours ago, wintermom said:

EEEKKKK!!! The rain has turned into huge snow flakes. I want the rain back again. 🥶

So glad the snow went away, I'd cry if it snowed here!

23 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Ivy, I'm so sorry you are feeling so icky, many do feel much better once 2nd trimester hits.

6 hrs painting, 2 hrs prep yesterday but it looks fabulous.

No strength workout today already sore enough and we have more painting to do.

I've been starving with all this work, I hope I'm not eating too much because I feel like I am but could easily eat more.

Sleep was horrible last night. Probably hormones but I haven't used progesterone since I used too much and had bleeding, I probably need to.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, soror said:

@Laura Corin I was wondering how your husband was doing?

Thank you.  He's pretty sore still but is starting to reduce his Ibuprofen dose.  He walks around the garden a lot, but he still hasn't tried to climb stairs or leave the property (we are at the foot of a hill).

You are really getting on with the painting - that's a lot of hours!  That's definitely your strength workout for the day.

I've managed some good core and arm yoga today.  I slept really poorly, so as I was awake I just started work early.  I have a team meeting at 3, then will put some beans into the pressure cooker and head off for a good long hike.  Food?  Well, as this is Good Friday, we ate Hot Cross Buns and cream this morning.  Otherwise, fairly healthy.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, IvyInFlorida said:

Remember your body shifting from not pregnant to pregnant is exercise in and of itself.  Even when you're doing "nothing," you are doing a great deal.  

• Like 3

Still running.  I know I need to diversify, so maybe that should be my goal for next week.  Today a heron randomly shambled unhurriedly across my path at quite a distance from the lakefront.  I got the giggles thinking of all the "nature is healing herself" memes over in the covid meme thread to see a heron just wandering around the empty university parking lot.  🤣  I'm pretty sure that undoes at least 7 bad lucks form various black cats crossing my path.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soror said:

Ya, that is great news, at least it is something.

Hey, building those muscles takes work, that is wonderful.

So glad the snow went away, I'd cry if it snowed here!

Ivy, I'm so sorry you are feeling so icky, many do feel much better once 2nd trimester hits.

6 hrs painting, 2 hrs prep yesterday but it looks fabulous.

No strength workout today already sore enough and we have more painting to do.

I've been starving with all this work, I hope I'm not eating too much because I feel like I am but could easily eat more.

Sleep was horrible last night. Probably hormones but I haven't used progesterone since I used too much and had bleeding, I probably need to.

There were a few tears shed, and not tears of joy and wonder about the snow. 😉 The ground is too warm for the snow to stay, though. 

All the painting sounds exhausting, but the results are probably amazing! I'm sure your body needs all that food to power the painting. Hope you have a better sleep tonight. I just slept 13 hours!!  Not sure how much is fatigue and how much is boredom. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Thank you.  He's pretty sore still but is starting to reduce his Ibuprofen dose.  He walks around the garden a lot, but he still hasn't tried to climb stairs or leave the property (we are at the foot of a hill).

You are really getting on with the painting - that's a lot of hours!  That's definitely your strength workout for the day.

I've managed some good core and arm yoga today.  I slept really poorly, so as I was awake I just started work early.  I have a team meeting at 3, then will put some beans into the pressure cooker and head off for a good long hike.  Food?  Well, as this is Good Friday, we ate Hot Cross Buns and cream this morning.  Otherwise, fairly healthy.

So glad your dh is doing better! It's a scary time to get injured, to be sure. Sounds like he's doing very well with pacing his recovery.

What do you do for 'arm yoga?'  Most of the yoga I know involves legs and/or core. 

Have a nice Good Friday!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

Still running.  I know I need to diversify, so maybe that should be my goal for next week.  Today a heron randomly shambled unhurriedly across my path at quite a distance from the lakefront.  I got the giggles thinking of all the "nature is healing herself" memes over in the covid meme thread to see a heron just wandering around the empty university parking lot.  🤣  I'm pretty sure that undoes at least 7 bad lucks form various black cats crossing my path.  

Awesome with the running! If your body can handle it, and you enjoy it, then run!  The wandering heron sounds wild! I felt similar when I saw a red fox on the road during a dog walk last week. It was just standing there looking at us at about 6pm. It was gorgeous. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wintermom said:

So glad your dh is doing better! It's a scary time to get injured, to be sure. Sounds like he's doing very well with pacing his recovery.

What do you do for 'arm yoga?'  Most of the yoga I know involves legs and/or core. 

Have a nice Good Friday!

Today was lots of planks, side planks and such.  Sun salutations with chaturanga are the several-times-daily one. I want to work towards headstand, which actually takes a lot of weight on the arms.  Dolphin is often used as preparation, I think.  I don't find Crow to be hard on my arms any more - it's mostly a trick of balance at this stage.  I'm nowhere near handstand, but that would be another option. 

Enjoy your Easter weekend!

• Like 2

@Laura Corin  Thanks for the awesome photo!

I could have used furry coats like the Highland Cattle on my dog walk today! It was really windy and cold. Wish I'd brought my camera, though, as I saw a red fox coming out of the little wooded area I walk through daily. It was 4pm, but very quiet on the streets and paths. Being Good Friday during covid lockdown = only gas stations are open, but no one is going anywhere anyway. 😂

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

No calves, just Highland Cattle, on my walk today.

IMG_20200410_171032820.jpg

Wow, I dont' think I'm seen that kind of cattle before, they're beautiful.

13 hours ago, wintermom said:

@Laura Corin  Thanks for the awesome photo!

I could have used furry coats like the Highland Cattle on my dog walk today! It was really windy and cold. Wish I'd brought my camera, though, as I saw a red fox coming out of the little wooded area I walk through daily. It was 4pm, but very quiet on the streets and paths. Being Good Friday during covid lockdown = only gas stations are open, but no one is going anywhere anyway. 😂

I hardly ever see fox but MIL next door seems them go through her yard all the time.

20 hours ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

Good job staying active, no matter what you're doing, I know that was a big goal to get back in the routine of running before all of this started.

19 hours ago, wintermom said:

There were a few tears shed, and not tears of joy and wonder about the snow. 😉 The ground is too warm for the snow to stay, though. 

All the painting sounds exhausting, but the results are probably amazing! I'm sure your body needs all that food to power the painting. Hope you have a better sleep tonight. I just slept 13 hours!!  Not sure how much is fatigue and how much is boredom. 🤪

It is looking really good. Not fun to do but it will be worth it in the end. 13 hrs, that is amazing, I don't think I could sleep that much if I tried.

20 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I'm sorry you also slept poorly but I'm glad to hear your husband is inching better.

Edited by soror
  • Like 3

Nearly 4 hrs of painting yesterday, I even got a much needed 1.5 hr nap.

Today we're going to be doing some caulking and more painting, Dh is hoping to finish all that we can reach today, that is about half the front of the house, 1 short side, and about 7 feet along the back. I think he may be optimistic, although we've made really good time, especially considering we are brushing it. Yesterday we painted 1 short side and half the front. After that we still have the trim painting on the front and short side and the rest that we can't reach- top of basement walkout and about the other short side- that will wait until we can rent a boom to reach it wouldn't be safe on the ladder even if it did extend that high.

My shoulders are def. sore but not in terribly pain. My lower body is sore as well, all the squatting up and down is enough for the legs. I'm doing the lower parts while dh does the upper parts.

I slept like a rock last night, woke up too early at 4:15 (and I didn't have to get up until 6 of course) but didn't wake up at all between. We'll probably try for a nap too.

I've got to clean house today too, well I'm doing the kitchen and the kids the great room. I am makng a big meal tomorrow and can't cook in a dirty kitchen and I don't want to have to clean on Easter. After we eat our big lunch I'm being lazy the rest of the day.

I've been doing some stretches here and there but am planning to do a bit more sometime today (although with my todo list it seems I'm already out of time).

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

@soror  Great job on all that painting!  Hope you reach your goal today!!  What are you making for Easter dinner?

We are painting right in the eating area of the main level, and I was thinking of making the big Easter meal today. I may have to hold off until tomorrow, if I don't get my trim painting done early enough. We're doing the simplified Easter dinner; spiral-cut ham, potatoes, carrots, corn and ice cream. It's just our gang, so that's 6 people. 

It's sunny outside, so when I finish painting the trim, I'm going to get a dog walk completed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I had a good, vigorous yoga session, now I'm cleaning the house. In a bit, I'll spend some time compiling plant lists for our house buyers, who still seem keen. Maybe a dog walk later. It's sunny here. 

That's wonderful news about your house sale!! Enjoy your dog walk. I did a yoga session last night. It felt great! I'm going to try and build it into my daily routine. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

I had a good, vigorous yoga session, now I'm cleaning the house. In a bit, I'll spend some time compiling plant lists for our house buyers, who still seem keen. Maybe a dog walk later. It's sunny here. 

I'm glad to here your buyers are still interested.

23 hours ago, wintermom said:

@soror  Great job on all that painting!  Hope you reach your goal today!!  What are you making for Easter dinner?

We are painting right in the eating area of the main level, and I was thinking of making the big Easter meal today. I may have to hold off until tomorrow, if I don't get my trim painting done early enough. We're doing the simplified Easter dinner; spiral-cut ham, potatoes, carrots, corn and ice cream. It's just our gang, so that's 6 people. 

It's sunny outside, so when I finish painting the trim, I'm going to get a dog walk completed.

So- Easter Dinner I'm making do with what I have on hand so it will be short of fresh veggies but hopefully some yummy comfort food. We never have holidays on our own as we always visit my parents and mil so I wanted a chance to make my own big meal. 

Peach Glazed Ham

Baked Beans

Yeast Rolls (regular and gluten free)

Green Beans

Braised Cabbage and Carrots

Deviled Eggs (only a few as eggs are in short supply)

Dessert: Peach Cobbler and Rice Krispies

We did not get all we had planned done. We did get a coat on the other half of the front of the house, so from the road it looks pretty well done. We still have 1 coat to put on half of the front and the trim in the front. The basement end of the house is caulked and ready to go but we had some rain coming in earlier so we didn't attempt to even start that. The girls got the great room nice and cleaned and my kitchen is good to go except the sweeping and mopping.

I woke up in the night in great pain. I went to bed just fine, a bit of tightness and fatigue in my shoulder(I did do some light stretching in the evening to help mitigate the soreness). I thought I'd managed to luck out as my movements were small enough not to aggravate my shoulder too badly. I guess it was just delayed. I've been awake since a bit before 4, on my one day I take off from teaching. GRR. I had dh give me some ibuprofen and put on BioFreeze and have been laid up on the heating pad. I can now move a bit more but the family is going to have to help out more than I planned today.

Sigh. So, we'll see how long until the pain subsides. I'm guessing I'll be out at least 3 days, maybe the whole week from any upper body exercises. I will have dh do the sweeping and mopping, I don't think I could now even if I wanted to. 

I am going to try and do a bit of stretching, we'll see how it goes. We might try for a walk in the evening if the weather clears, or I might just nap and be lazy 🙂

On a positive note, I have to say that the house and yard are looking so good from all the work we have done. I can't wait until we can get out and I can get some more flowers and mulch to spruce things up some more. I'm very thankful we got our paint bought before everything shut down, it has been a great use of our time that we wouldn't have had if it weren't for this lockdown.

Happy Easter all!

Edited by soror
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, soror said:

I'm glad to here your buyers are still interested.

So- Easter Dinner I'm making do with what I have on hand so it will be short of fresh veggies but hopefully some yummy comfort food. We never have holidays on our own as we always visit my parents and mil so I wanted a chance to make my own big meal. 

Peach Glazed Ham

Baked Beans

Yeast Rolls (regular and gluten free)

Green Beans

Braised Cabbage and Carrots

Deviled Eggs (only a few as eggs are in short supply)

Dessert: Peach Cobbler and Rice Krispies

We did not get all we had planned done. We did get a coat on the other half of the front of the house, so from the road it looks pretty well done. We still have 1 coat to put on half of the front and the trim in the front. The basement end of the house is caulked and ready to go but we had some rain coming in earlier so we didn't attempt to even start that. The girls got the great room nice and cleaned and my kitchen is good to go except the sweeping and mopping.

I woke up in the night in great pain. I went to bed just fine, a bit of tightness and fatigue in my shoulder(I did do some light stretching in the evening to help mitigate the soreness). I thought I'd managed to luck out as my movements were small enough not to aggravate my shoulder too badly. I guess it was just delayed. I've been awake since a bit before 4, on my one day I take off from teaching. GRR. I had dh give me some ibuprofen and put on BioFreeze and have been laid up on the heating pad. I can now move a bit more but the family is going to have to help out more than I planned today.

Sigh. So, we'll see how long until the pain subsides. I'm guessing I'll be out at least 3 days, maybe the whole week from any upper body exercises. I will have dh do the sweeping and mopping, I don't think I could now even if I wanted to. 

I am going to try and do a bit of stretching, we'll see how it goes. We might try for a walk in the evening if the weather clears, or I might just nap and be lazy 🙂

On a positive note, I have to say that the house and yard are looking so good from all the work we have done. I can't wait until we can get out and I can get some more flowers and mulch to spruce things up some more. I'm very thankful we got our paint bought before everything shut down, it has been a great use of our time that we wouldn't have had if it weren't for this lockdown.

Happy Easter all!

Oh no!! So sorry your shoulder hit its limit. Hope you have a really quick recovery!!  Big hugs.  The dinner you have planned sounds amazing!  Hope you get all the help you need in order to make and enjoy it.  Glad your house is looking great! 

I had some arm and neck pain and exhaustion yesterday evening as well. I did the trim and ceiling touch-ups in the morning and afternoon, had a shower and then went to bed at about 4:30 pm. I had to rub some Voltaren on my arm and take a couple Tylenol.  I feel better today, but I'll have to be a lot more careful in how I crane my neck while painting the ceiling.

• Like 2

I'm finally seeing some obvious improvement with my push-ups. The transition from 30 to 35 was quite easy - certainly compared to the transition from 10 to 15! And this morning I was able to do 30 in a row. 😊

Dog walk #1 completed while it was still sunny. We're supposed to get rain later. 

Happy Easter!!! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

Tried a new route today on my run in the hopes of avoiding any crowding along the lake.  I found a wonderful trail along a river with lots of potential for lengthening the route.  

Happy Easter, everyone!  

Yay to finding new, beautiful routes! A trail along a river sounds amazing. Have a wonderful Easter!

• Like 3