Menu

April 2020 Well-Trained Bodies

Laura Corin

Lost my post!

Brief version: I plan to alternate days between short hill hikes (5 miles or so) and finishing my Empower yoga programme. On yoga days I'll also go for a brisk two-mile walk, and on hike days I may also stretch. On yoga days, I'll have time to cook supper. I'm still working 9-5 from home, so I have to work around that.

I hope everyone has a tolerable April. Keep safe!

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 2

Thanks for starting the new thread!

March Reflection: I ended with 30+ exercise sessions, a very good mix of strength work, a bit of hiit, some moderate intensity, and a fair amount of light yoga and walking for recovery.

Sleep has drastically improved. I have went from averaged 6.5 hrs to 7.5 hrs.

Energy was not good at the beginning of the month but has been improving. Not sure if that was just wonky hormones or who knows what but I'm trying to cover all my bases-sleep, food, downtime, vitamins, etc.

Food hasn't been perfect but decent most of the time with treats and I've managed to maintain maintenance without tracking.

April Plans:Continue Integral Strength w/ mix in a bit of HIIT, moderate intensity (biking and BodyCombat) and plenty of yoga and light walking for recovery.

10k daily step average

Stay in maintenance mode

• Like 4

@Laura Corin Thanks for starting us out on a new month! Your hikes and yoga sound wonderful. Wish I could join you on the hikes and enjoy your beautiful scenery!

@soror  I like your mix of indoor and outdoor exercises! Glad you have a good handle on food for maintenance during these crazy times. That's like gold!

I'm going to continue with my push-up challenge and other little indoor stretch/strength exercises, dogs walks, hiking and biking. I may add in a couple short trail runs once the ice melts off all the trails. There will also be some painting added in as well as backyard landscaping as the weather warms up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

@Laura Corin Thanks for starting us out on a new month! Your hikes and yoga sound wonderful. Wish I could join you on the hikes and enjoy your beautiful scenery!

@soror  I like your mix of indoor and outdoor exercises! Glad you have a good handle on food for maintenance during these crazy times. That's like gold!

I'm going to continue with my push-up challenge and other little indoor stretch/strength exercises, dogs walks, hiking and biking. I may add in a couple short trail runs once the ice melts off all the trails. There will also be some painting added in as well as backyard landscaping as the weather warms up.

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

Today we're having some dead trees removed from our backyard. I'll have to walk the dog for all his 'business.' If it weren't for the loud chainsaw and chipping machine, I think I would have enjoyed being an arborist. Tree climbing is so much fun!

Have fun today! I've always enjoyed climbing trees too, we only have a couple of trees good for climbing in my yard though, the others are too small or branches too high. 

Maintenance is so nice, food is not perfect here but sustainable. Some days better, some days worse.

So, do you have some trails you can get to too? I'm glad to hear that.

strength work done. Holy moses, not sure what I did differently but my scaps are really feeling it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soror said:

Have fun today! I've always enjoyed climbing trees too, we only have a couple of trees good for climbing in my yard though, the others are too small or branches too high. 

Maintenance is so nice, food is not perfect here but sustainable. Some days better, some days worse.

So, do you have some trails you can get to too? I'm glad to hear that.

strength work done. Holy moses, not sure what I did differently but my scaps are really feeling it. 

I took the dog for a hike in the woods (local woods we can still drive to and park on the road). It was lovely weather. Saw 2 Canada geese on the lake edge where the ice has melted. The rest of the lake is still frozen. The dog discovered a garter snake when we jumped a puddle. He was pretty interested in it as I think it's the first snake he's ever seen. They are completely harmless.  Kind of crazy to even see a snake out when there is still a lot of ice and snow on the ground. 

Here's a photo of the frozen lake. 

20200401_113745.jpg

• Like 2

@wintermom Beautiful scene!  

Ran 10km with ds yesterday and it felt quite easy.  But this afternoon I was sitting around while the kids played in the forest and when I got up, I could tell I'd pinched my sciatic.  My left hip is always a pain in the...errr...butt, but it hasn't bothered me in ages and I have gotten lazy about stretching and rolling it out.  Sigh.  Back to PT at home...  

• Like 3

Lovely picture, @wintermom.  Sorry to hear about the pinched nerve @Monica_in_Switzerland. @soror I'm glad your sleep is still good.

Only managed a walk at lunchtime.  Felt quite tired after work and ate a lot.  Talked to a friend on Zoom, which was nice.  We normally walk weekly together, so it was good to catch up.  Tomorrow I hope for a five-mile hike after work, so maybe I'll just do some light yoga at lunchtime.

• Like 3

Our backyard looks huge now with all the dead trees and fallen debris gone. We only have 1 tree and a few bushes left in the backyard. It's very tempting to set up a grass tennis court!! 😄

Finished up some more painting, one last dog walk, and I'm off to bed to watch some Inspector Lynley Mysteries on Britbox. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Lovely picture, @wintermom.  Sorry to hear about the pinched nerve @Monica_in_Switzerland. @soror I'm glad your sleep is still good.

Only managed a walk at lunchtime.  Felt quite tired after work and ate a lot.  Talked to a friend on Zoom, which was nice.  We normally walk weekly together, so it was good to catch up.  Tomorrow I hope for a five-mile hike after work, so maybe I'll just do some light yoga at lunchtime.

I ate a lot yesterday too. Today will be a better one.

16 hours ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

@wintermom Beautiful scene!  

Ran 10km with ds yesterday and it felt quite easy.  But this afternoon I was sitting around while the kids played in the forest and when I got up, I could tell I'd pinched my sciatic.  My left hip is always a pain in the...errr...butt, but it hasn't bothered me in ages and I have gotten lazy about stretching and rolling it out.  Sigh.  Back to PT at home...  

Sorry about the pain 😞 Does it usually resolve quickly?

@wintermom Wow, so much snow, it is full on spring here now.

I didn't do any new exercises yesterday but I must have done something differently because my upper back and shoulders are so incredibly tight. I'm going to try some yoga and see how that goes. I had planned on a short HIIT workout or BodyCombat but it doesn't look like that will happen. We'll see how I feel after a bit of yoga.

I was pretty lazy yesterday and didn't eat the best, you know of course when I said food had been decent.  It was good until after lunch when I got really snacky.  I've been more snacky in the afternoons anyway as I tend to feel draggy then but don't want to nap as I don't want to mess up sleeping at night. And now my period is due so that really isn't helping.

• Like 3

Not on top form today.  Just a cold, I think - snuffly nose and feeling a bit lacking in energy. 

So, today I'll just take a short walk at lunchtime, do some cleaning, and call it good.  I made a good 'cream' of mushroom, celery and cauliflower soup last night with silken tofu, so I'll enjoy having that for lunch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laura Corin said:

Not on top form today.  Just a cold, I think - snuffly nose and feeling a bit lacking in energy. 

So, today I'll just take a short walk at lunchtime, do some cleaning, and call it good.  I made a good 'cream' of mushroom, celery and cauliflower soup last night with silken tofu, so I'll enjoy having that for lunch.

Hope you are feeling better really soon! Enjoy your walk and soup. Sounds yummy!

• Like 2

30 min yoga done. I think perhaps I hurt myself working on my backbend, it feels like it is more it is starting in my neck, like a horrible kink. I have just a small about of muscle soreness. Hopefully this kink works itself out today.

• Sad 1

@soror  For my sciatic nerve/hip rotator, it's one of those things where if I am proactive with stretching and rolling, I'm ok, but once it's irritated, it stays irritated for a while.  Having said that, I woke up this morning with no more pain and did a 5 mile run.  I'm trying to be careful of it today though, lots of stretching and trying to avoid sitting for long periods.  

• Like 2

@soror Hope your back and neck pain eases up soon. Have you tried a hot pad to relax the muscles and ease the pain? Sometimes soaking in a hot bath is soothing as well.

@Monica_in_Switzerland  Glad you are still able to run daily! My body would have broken down already. 

Dog walk #1, short bike ride and push-ups completed so far. 

ETA: Dog walk #2 and longer bike ride both completed!

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3

Upper back and neck better but still sore and really tight, I'm skipping upper body strength work and just doing lower today. 

I had a good day yesterday, good food. Finished hs'ing for the week, mowed the yard, and had some down time and we played a family game. I'm trying to learn to mow with the riding mower on my own so dh doesn't have to do it but it always makes me nervous. It really isn't that complicated but I'm afraid of messing up somehow, I had dh go over with me again how to use it and did it all on my own. I nearly got stuck in a few places but made my way out on my own. I didn't do as well as dh but done is better than perfect. Oh, and I push mowed the ditch and that was a lot easier, probablybecause it was so much cooler, but I was still pleased.

I have utterly failed being dairy free. I was strictly dairy free for years, you'd think it would be easy but more I'm tired of it and find it an easy protein source. However, I noticed this am that under eyes look markedly better, which leads me to think it is allergies but not dairy as I took both zyrtec with claritin yesterday (as I mowed I knew the dust would be too much for me and the Claritin alone). So, I'm going to see how it goes to continue on with both.

Today will probably be some work outside, maybe painting if the rain holds off. 

19 hours ago, wintermom said:

@soror Hope your back and neck pain eases up soon. Have you tried a hot pad to relax the muscles and ease the pain? Sometimes soaking in a hot bath is soothing as well.

@Monica_in_Switzerland  Glad you are still able to run daily! My body would have broken down already. 

Dog walk #1, short bike ride and push-ups completed so far. 

ETA: Dog walk #2 and longer bike ride both completed!

I haven't tried a heating pad, that is a good idea. I've been using BioFreeze liberally, it is a great help.

20 hours ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

@soror  For my sciatic nerve/hip rotator, it's one of those things where if I am proactive with stretching and rolling, I'm ok, but once it's irritated, it stays irritated for a while.  Having said that, I woke up this morning with no more pain and did a 5 mile run.  I'm trying to be careful of it today though, lots of stretching and trying to avoid sitting for long periods.  

I see, so the pain is a good reminder to take care, hopefully it eases soon for you.

Edited by soror
  • Like 3

It's a little rainy this morning. I was going to extend my bike ride today, but may opt for a long hike instead. The dog will be happy! 😉

Completed my 30 push-ups!!

My food-body weight balance is so perfect right now that I'm afraid of adding any variety. I wonder how long I can stand eating the same foods everyday before I protest and toss it all. 😅

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wintermom said:

It's a little rainy this morning. I was going to extend my bike ride today, but may opt for a long hike instead. The dog will be happy! 😉

My food-body weight balance is so perfect right now that I'm afraid of adding any variety. I wonder how long I can stand eating the same foods everyday before I protest and toss it all. 😅

LOL, do you eat exactly the same every day? I cannot do that. What I usually do is get in the groove with favorites and switch back and forth. My breakfast alternate between oats and eggs and on weekends I might have a special breakfast I make for the family- like biscuits or such. Lunch has been alternating some combo of rice, beans, protein and veggie. Dinners are more variable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soror said:

LOL, do you eat exactly the same every day? I cannot do that. What I usually do is get in the groove with favorites and switch back and forth. My breakfast alternate between oats and eggs and on weekends I might have a special breakfast I make for the family- like biscuits or such. Lunch has been alternating some combo of rice, beans, protein and veggie. Dinners are more variable. 

Your food sounds very much like mine: eggs and oats w/berries for breakfast, plant protein and veggies for lunch, animal protein and veggies for dinner. A few snacks thrown in. If I vary my breakfast I get too hungry too soon. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wintermom said:

Your food sounds very much like mine: eggs and oats w/berries for breakfast, plant protein and veggies for lunch, animal protein and veggies for dinner. A few snacks thrown in. If I vary my breakfast I get too hungry too soon. 

Mine is similar too. I tend to have oats, yoghurt and berries for breakfast. My lunch at the moment is veggie silken tofu 'cream' soup. This evening was chicken drumsticks with lemon, spring green and cannelini beans.

I was sore this morning. Too much sitting at a desk and not enough yoga. So today was stretchy yoga and a gentle walk. Tomorrow I hope for longer yoga and a hill walk.

• Like 2

It ended up being a bit of a rest day. I got in 2 dog walks and some painting.

Got distracted by a very long press conference from our provincial public health officials and then one by our premier. Summary seems to be more of the same for the next month at least regarding social distancing, essential travel only, school and business closures. We will not go into lock-down, so we can still get out side to exercise and hopefully everyone will respect the guidelines of no groups and maintain 2 m distance. 

• Like 2

Well, I guess we all are predictable. I had steelcut oats, blueberries, and nf greek yogurt myself for breakfast yesterday 🙂

Laura, I can imagine getting sore from the sitting when I was working 3-3.5 hrs in the mornings I had to make sure I got up in between classes or I would get so sore in the hips. 

Wintermom- our state is one of the last doing stay at home orders here, we start Monday, not sure the implications on parks. Hmm. I know they've closed some b/c people were packing them. We do have areas to roam close to home and property to get out so that is good.

I did some raking and outdoor work yesterday.

Today is BodyCombat and maybe more outside work if it doesn't rain and storm all day, otherwise inside chores and lazyness because tomorrow we hope to paint.

• Like 2

I went for a really long hike in the woods with the dog to check out the beaver pond. I got a couple photos, but my camera is dirty/scratched so apologies about the clarity. One is the beaver lodge and the other is the engineering to create the 'above-ground pool' for the beaver. It was a lovely hike, and there are still more trails to explore in the future!

20200404_112338 (1).jpg

20200404_112058.jpg

• Like 3

I got my monthly report from Strava for March and I was very happy to see I had run 15x in March!  That's every other day!  Yay!  I'll see if I can up it a bit this month.  

This morning I ran a 10km at a comfortable pace.  The run is starting to feel like a really comfortable distance.  Goal for next week will be to run a fast 5km and see how my speed is doing.  

Eating is ok.  I have a new lunch that I'm LOVING, but it's less healthy than my giant salad.  It's a sandwich on a baguette with spicy hummus, cucumbers, red onions, and bell pepper slices inside.  Yummmmmy.  But it's more bread than veggie, so I think I need to go with a smaller portion and add in a medium-ish salad for a better option.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

I got my monthly report from Strava for March and I was very happy to see I had run 15x in March!  That's every other day!  Yay!  I'll see if I can up it a bit this month.  

This morning I ran a 10km at a comfortable pace.  The run is starting to feel like a really comfortable distance.  Goal for next week will be to run a fast 5km and see how my speed is doing.  

Eating is ok.  I have a new lunch that I'm LOVING, but it's less healthy than my giant salad.  It's a sandwich on a baguette with spicy hummus, cucumbers, red onions, and bell pepper slices inside.  Yummmmmy.  But it's more bread than veggie, so I think I need to go with a smaller portion and add in a medium-ish salad for a better option.  

Great job on the running! Your favourite sandwich sounds delicious! One of my go-to lunches is bell pepper and hummus. I've never tried spicy hummus, though. You could do an open-faced sandwich and pile on more hummus and veggies.

• Like 3

I have a nice little bike ride this afternoon, and then one last dog walk this evening. Had to squeeze in more outdoor activity as it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Little bit of panic late this afternoon when we discovered that hardware stores are now closing tonight at midnight. 😨 I ran out an bought a bunch of paint to tide us over for the main floor. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

Great job increasing activity! OH, that sounds like a delicious lunch, great idea to make it smaller and add a salad.

13 hours ago, wintermom said:

I have a nice little bike ride this afternoon, and then one last dog walk this evening. Had to squeeze in more outdoor activity as it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Little bit of panic late this afternoon when we discovered that hardware stores are now closing tonight at midnight. 😨 I ran out an bought a bunch of paint to tide us over for the main floor. 

I think hardware stores here are staying open, we'll see. I think we have most of what we need, at least enough to keep us busy for awhile.

The rain held off yesterday and we went to the lake, it is the first time the kids have went anywhere other than a mile up the road in 3 weeks. There were some people but not so much they couldn't easily be avoided,  we stayed far away from everyone and didn't touch anything. We tried out the new bike trail, it is shorter than I hoped but very nice, although extremely hilly. I just walked b/c my legs were already sore, I'm anxious to bring my bike there to see if I can actually make it up the biggest hill.

I did BodyCombat in the am but I think I'm going to have to switch things up. I really don't like working out with everyone around, during the week I am mostly done before everyone is up but on Saturdays dh and all the kids are up and around. So, I'm going to try just cutting back on exercise, with spring here I'm outside working more anyway, it isn't the same but that is ok.

Today Im hoping we start painting!!!

This week's plan: Each session will be about 45 minutes total

Mon: Strength

Tues: Body Combat 45 min (instead of 2- 30 min sessions I'm going to try for 1- 45 min)

Wed: Strength

Thurs: HIIT 15-20 min + Yoga 20-30 min

Fri: Strength

Goal: Outside activity at least every other day

I was really snacky earlier in the week so I've been increasing meal size to decrease snacks, that has worked well and snacking is way down but some meals have been a bit bigger than I needed, so I'll be working on that this week. For the last week I've been using the Daily Dozen app and am doing fairly well on nutrient density, even if there is some junk in there too. I am not veg so it doesn't line up perfectly with what I eat but a lot of my goals overlap so it works. I generally don't eat as many beans as he recommends but aim for at least a serving a day.

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, soror said:

The rain held off yesterday and we went to the lake, it is the first time the kids have went anywhere other than a mile up the road in 3 weeks. There were some people but not so much they couldn't easily be avoided,  we stayed far away from everyone and didn't touch anything. We tried out the new bike trail, it is shorter than I hoped but very nice, although extremely hilly. I just walked b/c my legs were already sore, I'm anxious to bring my bike there to see if I can actually make it up the biggest hill.

I did BodyCombat in the am but I think I'm going to have to switch things up. I really don't like working out with everyone around, during the week I am mostly done before everyone is up but on Saturdays dh and all the kids are up and around. So, I'm going to try just cutting back on exercise, with spring here I'm outside working more anyway, it isn't the same but that is ok.

Today Im hoping we start painting!!!

This week's plan: Each session will be about 45 minutes total

Mon: Strength

Tues: Body Combat 45 min (instead of 2- 30 min sessions I'm going to try for 1- 45 min)

Wed: Strength

Thurs: HIIT 15-20 min + Yoga 20-30 min

Fri: Strength

Goal: Outside activity at least every other day

I was really snacky earlier in the week so I've been increasing meal size to decrease snacks, that has worked well and snacking is way down but some meals have been a bit bigger than I needed, so I'll be working on that this week. For the last week I've been using the Daily Dozen app and am doing fairly well on nutrient density, even if there is some junk in there too. I am not veg so it doesn't line up perfectly with what I eat but a lot of my goals overlap so it works. I generally don't eat as many beans as he recommends but aim for at least a serving a day.

Glad you have a nice family trip to the lake. My dc haven't been anywhere, either.  All the best with your painting. I've discovered that if I go for a short walk (to stretch) right after I paint for a couple hours, I'm not too stiff. Dh is discovering that he is getting beyond stiff an venturing into potential tendonitis. 

Your exercise and food goals looks great! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

@soror I love the daily dozen app!  I struggle with the greens, as the salad greens I like just count as "other vegetables". 😬  But it is a great tool!!!    

now, I'm interested what is in your green mix that it isn't listed as a green. I live in a rural area so any thing I'd possibly eat as greens are listed on there. Right now I've been eating a lot of spinach. I can put the spinach in so much and the family tolerates it better than kale.  Last night I chopped a bunch of spinach and put it in my chili. I really like kale chips. I like chard but I can't get it here (I'm trying to grow some, we'll see if I succeed). I've not been eating many salads lately, I should be in the mood with it being spring but just not feeling it so I'm not.

1 minute ago, soror said:

now, I'm interested what is in your green mix that it isn't listed as a green. I live in a rural area so any thing I'd possibly eat as greens are listed on there. Right now I've been eating a lot of spinach. I can put the spinach in so much and the family tolerates it better than kale.  Last night I chopped a bunch of spinach and put it in my chili. I really like kale chips. I like chard but I can't get it here (I'm trying to grow some, we'll see if I succeed). I've not been eating many salads lately, I should be in the mood with it being spring but just not feeling it so I'm not.

I mostly eat loose-leaf/butter lettuces, so they aren't green enough to be greens.  

Hi ladies!  Just popping on to say that I'm still alive and kicking, but I've been hit hard with nausea, fatigue, and headaches.  Saltines worked to relieve the nausea for a couple days, plus making sure my stomach didn't get too empty, but now that doesn't work anymore.  Too many carbs seem to make me feel worse.  Herbal tea with ginger and tiny nibbles of crystalized ginger help a little short term.  Blargh!  Anyways, I miss you guys.  I have just been so out of it that I have barely even been using the internet.  Next week I am hoping to be a little more active and to try grazing more instead of my usual meals, most of which are just not that appealing to me right now (like greek yogurt, protein shakes, salad, etc.  I usually love those, but not right now unfortunately).  It's funny--I don't get nauseous very often and basically never throw up, so the whole idea of getting "morning" sickness didn't even occur to me until it was happening, LOL!

@soror Thanks for thinking of me!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Hi ladies!  Just popping on to say that I'm still alive and kicking, but I've been hit hard with nausea, fatigue, and headaches.  Saltines worked to relieve the nausea for a couple days, plus making sure my stomach didn't get too empty, but now that doesn't work anymore.  Too many carbs seem to make me feel worse.  Herbal tea with ginger and tiny nibbles of crystalized ginger help a little short term.  Blargh!  Anyways, I miss you guys.  I have just been so out of it that I have barely even been using the internet.  Next week I am hoping to be a little more active and to try grazing more instead of my usual meals, most of which are just not that appealing to me right now (like greek yogurt, protein shakes, salad, etc.  I usually love those, but not right now unfortunately).  It's funny--I don't get nauseous very often and basically never throw up, so the whole idea of getting "morning" sickness didn't even occur to me until it was happening, LOL!

Thanks for popping in with an update! I've been thinking of you, too.  Ginger tea was my go-to drink. All normal eating was out the window during my first pregnancy. I just ate what I felt I could handle.  Hope your nausea diminishes soon. Big hugs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IvyInFlorida said:

Sorry you aren't feeling well Ivy. I agree with wintermom, just go with what works. I think it was pregnancy #2 I had gf porridge every day for breakfast for months before that I never had it. You never know what will sound good, get in whatever food your body can tolerate until it improves.

We worked outside yesterday, more raking, and did the trim to the back of the house.

Today's plan- teaching, strength work, homeschool, and working outside. I plan to either work on cleaning out and around the shed (it must be painted too), or cleaning the fence.

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soror said:

Sorry you aren't feeling well Ivy. I agree with wintermom, just go with what works. I think it was pregnancy #2 I had gf porridge every day for breakfast for months before that I never had it. You never know what will sound good, get in whatever food your body can tolerate until it improves.

We worked outside yesterday, more raking, and did the trim to the back of the house.

Today's plan- teaching, strength work, homeschool, and working outside. I plan to either work on cleaning out and around the shed (it must be painted too), or cleaning the fence.

I had BLTs everyday for lunch for pregnancy #1. I had a huge craving for the bacon! 😄 Couldn't stand coffee, though. 

How did the painting go this weekend? Sounds like you are doing outdoor stuff. We are on the final stretch with our indoor painting. Just the open-concept dining room, kitchen and living room and we're done! The bedrooms and bathrooms were endless. So many walls and door frames! 🥶

It's beautiful outside today, so I'll be hiking, dog walking and probably biking. I have to finish the trim on the last bathroom, too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wintermom said:

I had BLTs everyday for lunch for pregnancy #1. I had a huge craving for the bacon! 😄 Couldn't stand coffee, though. 

How did the painting go this weekend? Sounds like you are doing outdoor stuff. We are on the final stretch with our indoor painting. Just the open-concept dining room, kitchen and living room and we're done! The bedrooms and bathrooms were endless. So many walls and door frames! 🥶

It's beautiful outside today, so I'll be hiking, dog walking and probably biking. I have to finish the trim on the last bathroom, too. 

Painting went well, it is just slow work you know prepping, painting, waiting for the coat to dry and then 2nd coat, so we only had time to do trim. Dh is off Friday (he is considered essential so still working) so I'm hoping we will get the siding painted then. The trim looks so good, I can't wait to see how it looks all done. I'm so excited to paint over this hideous color.

It is going to be nice here too, we'll probably get out some but between teaching, hs'ing, and jobs around the house I don't expect a lot of extra time. Just 2 more weeks of school though.

• Like 2

Completed: Dog walk in the woods, push-ups and other indoor exercises, walk from grocery store and painting. I'm going for a bike ride with dd later this afternoon.

I'm noticed that my painting hand, which I've been doing fine motor trim detail, went from cramping up to now some loss of control. This was from only 1 - 2 hrs work a few days a week. Kind of scary. I'll have to try and break up the work into smaller chunks. Repetitive motions sustained for long periods of time are not great for the body, it seems. 😉

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon, @IvyInFlorida.  I bought a particular kind of ice lolly every day on the way walking home during my first pregnancy. They don't make that flavour any more, so it's still gorgeous in my memory.

A lovely walk in the sunshine yesterday. There were brand new lambs in the fields  - one mum was kicking her wobbly offspring upright (he was lying down and seeming exhausted) which looked a bit alarming, but sure enough, the lamb was soon finding its feet and taking milk.

Today, more walking in sunshine and wind, and a really good hard yoga session. I also did sun salutations at intervals through the day. I'll try for a five mile walk after work tomorrow.

• Like 2

@Laura Corin Your walks sound lovely! Lambs are the cutest things ever. Photo please, if you can!!! 

Just got some disappointing news from our tennis club. The courts in the city are closed until June 30th, including practice walls.  I may have to set up the backyard court after all. 😉  Thank goodness I can still walk and bike outside. Dh and the 3 boys have been playing a lot of driveway basketball, as well as raking the backyard. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wintermom said:

@Laura Corin Your walks sound lovely! Lambs are the cutest things ever. Photo please, if you can!!! 

Just got some disappointing news from our tennis club. The courts in the city are closed until June 30th, including practice walls.  I may have to set up the backyard court after all. 😉  Thank goodness I can still walk and bike outside. Dh and the 3 boys have been playing a lot of driveway basketball, as well as raking the backyard. 

That is disappointing.

The lambs are at least five metres from the path. I'll take a photo if they get closer. It's very dramatic. I could see the flanks of one ewe moving: either contractions or the unborn lambs themselves moving.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sassenach said:

I jogged today!

Great job!

15 hours ago, wintermom said:

Completed: Dog walk in the woods, push-ups and other indoor exercises, walk from grocery store and painting. I'm going for a bike ride with dd later this afternoon.

I'm noticed that my painting hand, which I've been doing fine motor trim detail, went from cramping up to now some loss of control. This was from only 1 - 2 hrs work a few days a week. Kind of scary. I'll have to try and break up the work into smaller chunks. Repetitive motions sustained for long periods of time are not great for the body, it seems. 😉

I hear you, I have to really watch it with my shoulder. I was feeling it today from the raking. I think we all have spots that give us more grief too.

15 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Hope you feel better soon, @IvyInFlorida.  I bought a particular kind of ice lolly every day on the way walking home during my first pregnancy. They don't make that flavour any more, so it's still gorgeous in my memory.

A lovely walk in the sunshine yesterday. There were brand new lambs in the fields  - one mum was kicking her wobbly offspring upright (he was lying down and seeming exhausted) which looked a bit alarming, but sure enough, the lamb was soon finding its feet and taking milk.

Today, more walking in sunshine and wind, and a really good hard yoga session. I also did sun salutations at intervals through the day. I'll try for a five mile walk after work tomorrow.

Wow, that sounds wonderful, what a treat.

10 hours ago, wintermom said:

Oh, that is disappointing, seems crazy to ban it so far this early but who knows how this will go, I hope it is not so long.

No walk yesterday as we tackled the fence after school and that took over 5 hrs to do. I really watched how much scrubbing I did since my shoulder is already sore, I mostly did the spraying. 

I want to do something fun outside since we've been working so hard but am trying to figure out what we can do that is away from people...

I have more strength work this morning I think, this week I have 4 days instead of 3 and they are shorter. I'll do something else with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

The lambs are at least five metres from the path. I'll take a photo if they get closer. It's very dramatic. I could see the flanks of one ewe moving: either contractions or the unborn lambs themselves moving.

That is amazing! I'd be camped out with a chair and a cup of coffee and just watch the entertainment. 😉

• Like 1