Menu

Moving sale vs yard sale

Wildcat

If you put items in two yard sales at different times of the year and they didn't sell, would you put them back in a moving sale? 

The items in question are kitchen items (dishes, serving dishes, cake molds, etc). 

Also, would you put in small decorative items (candle sticks, wall hangings, photo frames, etc) or would you just put larger furniture items/patio furniture/lawncare items in a moving sale?

1 minute ago, Wildcat said:

If you put items in two yard sales at different times of the year and they didn't sell, would you put them back in a moving sale? 

The items in question are kitchen items (dishes, serving dishes, cake molds, etc). 

Also, would you put in small decorative items (candle sticks, wall hangings, photo frames, etc) or would you just put larger furniture items/patio furniture/lawncare items in a moving sale?

If they'd been in a former yard sale and not sold, they'd have gone to Goodwill nad not be hanging around to be in a potential future sale.

However, a moving sale IS a yard sale -- with a bit more of "I HAVE to sell these things, so make me an offer" so I'd put everything in that was hanging around and I wanted to try to sell before giving away or throwing away.

• Like 5

I probably would have already moved them on, but if I still had them, yes, I'd put them out. Try lowering the price or putting up a "make me an offer" sign. I'd have a 50% off sale and/or a free table on the last day. 

Anything can go in a moving sale. 

• Like 1

I’d put them in if I still had them, but for me a moving sale means if it’s out there, I’m going to be practically giving it away. And maybe even putting out a free box with all that stuff you listed just so I don’t have to take it to goodwill. 

Sure if you're willing to hold on to it.  The last moving sale I did, I ran 9-5.  At 3 pm everything was half off.  At 4 pm, everything was a make me a deal.  At 5 pm everything else went to good will or the trash.  And I put a variety of things in my moving sale.

Edited by FuzzyCatz

Put every thing you don't want to move into the sale.  If the priority is generating cash, advertise that the last X hours of the sale will be "Fill a bag for $5", (you provide the bags to buyers). People will happily buy all sorts of nonsense because "It's only $5! Just put it in the bag!". 

• Like 1