Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Good morning! The only thing I need to do today is go to the grocery store. I won't have a car this morning, but I will later. Mostly, I just need to get ready for the week.

• coffee/paper
  • garden/weed
  • laundry
  • some thinking/writing
  • general clean up
  • get list of bills, emails, phone calls ready for Monday morning
  • update calendar
  • grocery store/library
  • Not sure what else

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning! We will probably end up skipping church because our oldest is home from his camp job, and has to leave to go back right in the middle of "go to church" time. Yes, we *could* leave before him.....but as we've only gotten to see him in these little not even 24 hr snippets all summer, coupled with that we are becoming uncomfortable with some of the topics taught at our church lately....probably we'll skip. 

Not a lot on the To Do List today, thank goodness. I finished my quilt and we had our reveal yesterday....pics are not in the computer yet, so I'll post later. Suffice it to say....the recipient loved the little houses I added on hers, and I was blown away by mine, and everyone else loved theirs, too. 

DH is working on getting stuff together to go before the Appraisal Review Board re: our tax valuation from this year. I did the online protest, which got rejected. He's got a LOT of questions (because he's always made me handle the protest) so I am trying to be patient and calm and not let my frustration with the process come out as frustration with him. He says I'm not doing a great job of that so far. I had wanted to just accept the inevitable this time, he wanted to appeal, so I'm trying to let him do it. (He did say he'll go tomorrow to the appeal). 

So....my To Do for today.....

....help DH w/o being mean, snarky, frustrated, etc.
...have a nice brunch with DS21 before he heads back to camp
...make the appliques for DS18's graduation quilt, maybe get them put on
...work on school planning - just remembered I need to have DS14 take a math placement test so I can register him (or not) for his math class next year
...work on my school planning - need to split out my syllabus for my classes next year from the K/1st combo to a K and a 1st, split out the lesson plans, etc....
....check the status of the laundry, do what needs doing
....call my mom, once I figure out what to say to her latest shenanigans

Which...now that I type it out, seems like a heck of a lot of stuff to do. Mostly it's a list for the week, though, not anything that *must* be finished today except for the tax protest stuff. 

• Like 4

Good morning!  It was almost 90 degrees 2 hours ago and so humid that we said forget about all our outdoor plans today (going to Atlanta Braves game for Clemson Day, and/or yard work).  I think I may head to the mall to buy a dress for my girls trip coming up this week (there are 7 of us, high school friends).

-coffee
-goof around online checking out info about our upcoming Seattle/Alaska trip
-brunch (once kids roll out of bed)
-laundry
-workout (total body weights)
-mall
-sit around indoors because it is miserable outside
-dinner (something easy and light and cool)

• Like 5

Good morning!

• water plants
  • plan my week
  • get rid of a few weeds in newly fenced pasture (there is a 6'+ poison hemlock that needs to be *very carefully* removed)
  • paddock cleanup
  • take automatic waterer apart and spray it out
  • work with horses
  • wash and cut up produce
  • vacuum
  • order a few things from Amazon or Vitacost
  • dinner: ds20 is grilling and I'm making cowboy caviar to go with
  • watch final two episodes of Stranger Things tonight
  • Like 5

Good morning.  I am very glad that I insisted on putting a large rubber tray (that we had for the bunny cage) under the portable a/c.  It leaked again last night - a very small puddle but still. . .   And because it is on the rubber tray, it isn't causing any more damage.

human care done

pet care done

medical care done

I have done 3 out of my 6 morning exercises.  We'll see if I have time later to do the others before I have to dash out the door in ten minutes.  I'm still eating breakfast. 

• Like 4

Howdy ... I've been offline for the past several days, traveling (road trip) and sharing a room with 4 other people.  What time I had to myself, I used for sleeping, LOL.

We went to Niagara Falls (Canadian side).  I still say I like the US side better.  It really was no fun in the hot sun with a jillion people.  The kids went to a water park while we walked outside.  Luckily we could watch the fireworks from our hotel room, but they weren't very good.  The second day I went shopping for some things my parents wanted.  That was about it for Niagara Falls.

We stayed in a little NY town called Jamestown on the way back.  We stopped there because we had plans to meet with some folks in Chautauqua but couldn't find accommodations there.  So we hung out a bit in those two towns ... played at a park, did some shopping in little shops, went to the Comedy museum.  Headed back Sunday afternoon.  I stopped at my parents' house to do belated Father's Day / drop off Canada gifts / pick up our bird before heading home.

I have unpacked the 3 of us and washed pretty much all of the clothes.  Went for a walk in the evening since the weather was nice.

I wish I had a little more time before I start the work week, but alas.  I hope I get a good start on the day come morning.

• Like 2

checking in very late. 

had church

went out afterwards with missionary friends.  Had a nice lunch but the waitress didn't bring us our food for AN HOUR!  One of our party complained (nicely) to the manager.

took dd to Whole Foods to look for a specialty item that they ended up not having. 

Dd has made her lunch ready for tomorrow.

Ds and dd have both done their laundry

The a/c is still leaking despite being off all day.  It is contained in the rubber tray but it is still frustrating.  I have sopped up as much as I can but can't deal with it right now.

Ds is having major car repair problems - again.  Despite using safety goggles he got a metal fragment in his eye but fortunately was able to just flush it out.  I will have to take him to work tomorrow. 

Dh has to be at work by 5 am tomorrow despite getting off at 1:30 am last night.  One week down of this crazy schedule.  (Possibly) Two more weeks to go.

I have gone to through all the mail.

I have put out the garbage, recycling and yard waste bins.

• Like 1