Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

• School
  • Get clothing wherever it needs to go (now that it's cleaned out, some goes to the recycle bin, and some goes to new homes) Pack up winter clothes for household goods.
  • Shoes for orphanage collection.
  • Last 2 hand-me-down bins labeled and returned to storage area for packing.
  • Laundry
  • Kitchen
  • Bathrooms
  • Swimming

• Like 6

Good morning!

• school w/dd
  • office work (emails & bills)
  • search for missing horse boot (Sigh. Too much of my time is taken up by this horse and his boots, one of which came off during the night and is absolutely nowhere to be found. Probably the other horses were playing with it and it got tossed over a fence - hopefully, not into a mud puddle.)
  • give dogs Heartgard
  • laundry
  • vacuum basement & clean laundry room
  • do some decluttering somewhere...maybe my closet
  • make menu plan...been putting this off for days
  • dinner: ??
  • watch hockey tonight
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Good morning!  And thank you for the Heartgard reminder Selkie.  My dog would probably have heartworms if it wasn't for your monthly reminders...

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-school with DS14 (if he ever gets out of the shower)
-wait for TrueGreen lawn guy to show up to discuss our lawn
-laundry
-workout (upper body weights today)
-read (only 7 or 8 books behind....)
-double, triple and quadruple check that DS14 turned in his AP portfolio that is due at midnight tonight
-dinner (trying a new vegetable we have never had - celery root - and making a risotto dish out of it....)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Good morning! 

I never made it back on yesterday, but I did get most of my list done. The family will be arriving by about 3 tomorrow, so I'm on a countdown to get things done. I slept in, though!

• meals
  • some school with ds
  • tutor 1 student
  • laundry
  • deep clean most areas 
  • figuring out what to do with some of the stuff I've been sorting
  • go back over list of stuff to do before leaving town and make sure it is being done
  • Like 5

Good morning! ds3 is off to regionals- going as an assistant team manager. I have a babysitting gig this morning- I think. This group is quite unorganized, not sure if I want to continue with it next year. Otherwise, it is a pretty regular day. And the sun should finally come out!

• coffee/paper
  • electronic chores/bank/bills
  • write
  • babysitting gig
  • pick up ds3 from regionals
  • work at home
  • take dh to pick up the rental car (they are driving to the tournament this weekend)
  • take ds3 to tennis
  • read/other chores
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Happy Thursday!  Only one more school morning this week, yay!  It's been a somewhat tough week because we did not have the weekend to work on anything.  Today is AHG crossover and we had/have to do some things to prepare for that.  Plus I had some annual work deadlines this week.  So all in all, let's just say I am looking forward to a weekend!

Done:

• Up in the wee hours doing work and putzing on the internet.
  • Slept 3 or 4 hours.
  • Up early to help Kid 1 with homework, review homework, etc.
  • Kids off to the school bus on time, hopefully with everything they needed.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Coffeeing up.
  • Caught up on social media, news, emails.

To do:

• Lots of work reports due / overdue.
  • Laundry.
  • Exercise, reading.
  • More clutter cleaning - get the house ready for the maids to clean Friday.
  • Car is supposed to be ready today, but may not be able to get it until tomorrow / weekend?
  • Kids' work - homework and AHG prep.  Try to get them to clean up their areas of dirty clothes at least.
  • Should leave about 5pm to go to AHG crossover / help prep the flag ceremony girls.
  • Whatever homework / study did not get done before the crossover.
  • Should practice our TKD forms.
  • Bills, paper organization, calendar work, whatever else gets done.
  • ETA - just remembered that my kids have a grammar test on Friday.  Also Spanish, not sure if they have anything to study or not.  Ugh.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 5

Went online to check my kids' grades, and my access has been disabled.  Could this be because I have checked so often lately?  Hopefully it's just the school doing maintenance.  (My kid's horse lease is on hold while her teachers putz about posting grades ... hence the reason I keep checking for updates.)

• Like 5

Good morning! We are in relaxed school mode here. Still doing the basics, but kids can sleep in a bit and the pace is slower. 

• School
  • Get Ds' new scout shirt ready to be worn, patches on. 
  • Stop by the store for yellow raisins and a green veg for tonight's dinner. 
  • Yardwork
  • AHG work. I am incoming Troop Coordinator, so this will likely be on my list for the next two years! Trying to get some work done each day to keep things from piling up. Today is a draft of next year's calendar. And hopefully a bit of online training. 
  • Make a to-do list for this weekend, including things for Dh to do. Figure out when to go see my mom. She likes her new place, but it is less convenient for us to visit her, about 10 min farther away, in an area we don't have other reason to be. 
  • Get cash from the ATM
  • Read
  •  
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Another day of looking like a soggy mess when I come in from chores. Rain, rain, go away.

My horses are cranky that they can't go out and graze. The pastures are muddy and slippery, and one of them got a little too crazy yesterday and took a spill. He is okay, just a little sore, but I don't want a repeat.

We finally found the missing boot after searching forever. Dd and I were totally perplexed at how a big old boot could just disappear in a one acre dry lot. We searched the stalls, the fence lines, the water buckets, and the hay boxes. Finally dd thought of looking behind the stall walls. There are heavy oak boards that run partway up the walls, with a gap of a few inches behind them. Sure enough, they had managed to drop the boot down the gap. Twerps! I was relieved to find it because it is custom made and would be a pain to replace.

Time for lunch now.

• Like 4

Dinner is cooking. 

Scout shirt and patches dropped off with a friend who sews. 

Chatted with Dd about her work for tomorrow. 

Reread details for dd's weekend trip.

Signed up to teach at VBS. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2