Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• morning chores
  • run to town to see FIL
  • post office
  • school w/dd
  • office work (keep working on bills)
  • wash boys' bedding and make their beds (they'll be home tomorrow afternoon for Easter break, yay!)
  • figure out menu plan for the next several days
  • run dog to vet at 3:15 for Adequan injection
  • coffee date w/dh this afternoon?
  • dd has a violin lesson
  • dinner: ?? might not cook tonight
  • Like 6

Good morning!

The usuals are done, and I'm about to go make a second cup of coffee.

• meals (not quite sure what I'm making) managed breakfast and lunch, dinner will probably be out or at church
  • go over lesson for Awana tonight
  • school with ds   ongoing
  • go through co-op things I have here and pack up science equipment that needs to go back there
  • tidy dd's room (I use it for some storage) because she comes home tonight
  • church
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!  Jean, I'm thinking of you and your family.

Well, last week DS17 had the worst baseball outing of his life, last night he had the best.  So hopefully his mood follows.  Yesterday, I am embarrassed to admit, I did absolutely nothing.  Not one single thing.  I cannot do that today.  I will start by getting dressed immediately, rather than getting out of my PJs at the crack of 2 pm because the lawn guy was coming to the front door...

-coffee
-school with DS14
-laundry (including baseball uniform) DONE: 0
-Publix for essentials (need to go to Costco but am putting off till tomorrow)
-library to pick up the second it opens (hope my hold book is still there)
-clean kitchen counters
-mop kitchen floor (we were out late at game and the dog peed all over the place)
-clean outside of appliances
-plan Whole30 batch cooking, ingredients list, cooking plan, etc (will shop tomorrow, cook all day on Friday)
-style dining room shelves (still haven't done this)
-early dinner (salmon) for 6 pm game - last game of the season.  If we win, we are in playoffs, if we lose we are not.
-baseball game

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Morning, all! 

Another “one of those days” here.

look for overdue library books (location of some is still a mystery)

Coffee etc

shower + dress

math with boys and prod girls on theirs (dd13 online class + dd14 test)

figure out lunch 😵(lunch out)

leave for author event

unlock church without setting off alarm(No problems—alarm wasn’t set 😅)

Make sure we have the technology we need

author talk!

Dd14 to pick up dress

dd14 to appointment

drop other kids with dh

prep cc class

teach cc class

figure out tomorrow

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Late start here today. We are all tired and sleeping long.

Dd's hormone fog is crazy! At 8:15 this morning, as she is logging in for her online math class, we have a mad scramble to find her homework, which she corrected at the DR table (where she does school) before bed. The house is fairly tidy. Where could the hw be? In the kitchen trash, of course!?! Thankfully, something large kept the breakfast eggshells off of the Hw. Sigh.

After that dramatic start, we hope to have a ordinary sort of day. 

School  

Orthodontist appt for d.s.  

Pick up milk  

Check in on my mom.  

Make kids fold and put away their clean laundry!

Piano lessons  

Errands on that side of town. (No church tonight bc Holy Week services tomorrow and Friday. 

Dinner might be the cassoulet I had intended to make yesterday. But I'm craving fish or something lighter, so maybe I'll change the plan when I run errands this afternoon? I am ready for spring food! 

Directions to campsite.

Budget/bills. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning! Late to bed last night discussing a terrible customer service event that happened to ds3, which was mostly my fault, so I felt, and still feel, terrible about. And then ding! early morning text to say schools are closed. If you haven't seen, all the schools (pretty much) along the Front Range are closed for a manhunt. dd2 was in the parking lot just about to go into practice- she is pretty irritated as she is supposed to have a math test today- and is gone for next two days for a visit, and then the next three days for FBLA state.  I am pretty sure she has almost missed more school than she has gone to this month- with a snow day and this.

• coffee/paper
  • post office 
  • pick up ds3 from practice
  • write
  • chores
  • chat with dd2
  • laundry
  • hang out with ds2-
  • ds3 to tennis
  • general pick up/ read
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner all together

Have a great day!

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

Good morning! Late to bed last night discussing a terrible customer service event that happened to ds3, which was mostly my fault, so I felt, and still feel, terrible about. And then ding! early morning text to say schools are closed. If you haven't seen, all the schools (pretty much) along the Front Range are closed for a manhunt. dd2 was in the parking lot just about to go into practice- she is pretty irritated as she is supposed to have a math test today- and is gone for next two days for a visit, and then the next three days for FBLA state.  I am pretty sure she has almost missed more school than she has gone to this month- with a snow day and this.

• coffee/paper
  • post office 
  • pick up ds3 from practice
  • write
  • chores
  • chat with dd2
  • laundry
  • hang out with ds2-
  • ds3 to tennis
  • general pick up/ read
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner all together

Have a great day!

Saw this on my CNN email newsbrief this morning.  Praying for quick apprehension of the suspect!

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Dd's hormone fog is crazy! At 8:15 this morning, as she is logging in for her online math class, we have a mad scramble to find her homework, which she corrected at the DR table (where she does school) before bed. The house is fairly tidy. Where could the hw be? In the kitchen trash, of course!?! Thankfully, something large kept the breakfast eggshells off of the Hw. Sigh.

Oh, I can relate to this. I must have my own hormone fog going on. This morning, I took my clothes out of the dryer and put them down on the kitchen counter while I got some coffee. Then I headed upstairs, but instead of taking the clothes, I grabbed the pile of letters to mail that were right next to them. Which led to some confusion when I got out of the shower and wondered A.) Where are my clothes? and B.) Why is there mail on the bathroom counter??🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

Saw this in the news - how awful. I hope they catch her soon.

• Like 4

No school, I guess means more tennis. I agreed to take ds3 down to hit with his new best tennis friend.

So, in a change up- 

chores now, other work at Starbucks, and driving...

done so far: post office, gas, picked up ds3 from tennis practice #1

I need more coffee.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Oh, I can relate to this. I must have my own hormone fog going on. This morning, I took my clothes out of the dryer and put them down on the kitchen counter while I got some coffee. Then I headed upstairs, but instead of taking the clothes, I grabbed the pile of letters to mail that were right next to them. Which led to some confusion when I got out of the shower and wondered A.) Where are my clothes? and B.) Why is there mail on the bathroom counter??

Ha! 

Well, I put my (full) coffee cup on the glassware shelf in a cabinet yesterday, so maybe dd's fog is just bad genes from me?!  I do not multitask well! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

all school done and graded

small grocery shop done.

sent money to college kid

now I am eating an unsatisfying salad from the grocery store.  I do not like the dressing that came with it but I didn't know that I didn't like it until I had dumped it on top of the salad.  Gah!  (I will survive and will eat the stupid salad anyway.) 

• Like 4

Celiac disease is a bit of a pain in the butt (no pun intended). 

• called oral surgeon to find out what was being prescribed to my daughter tomorrow after her oral surgery
  • called pharmacist to ask if there is gluten in any of the inactive ingredients (because if there was, I would have to find a work around now before she's in pain.)  Pharmacist insisted that she needed to know the dose before looking up the product. 
  • called oral surgeon again to find out dose.
  • called pharmacist again to tell her the dosage.  Was put on hold.  Got cut off.
  • called pharmacist back.  Found out that these particular meds do not have any gluten.  Yay!  Asked if she could put a note in dd's pharmacy records regarding her celiac disease since apparently the last time I asked them to do it, it was not done.  Hopefully this will make things safer for her. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Morning, all! 

Coffee etc

shower + dress

leave for author event

author talk!

Dd14 to pick up dress

dd14 to appointment

drop other kids with dh

prep cc class

teach cc class

figure out tomorrow

The author event was a success!  Our co op got to host Irene Latham (novelist, picture book author, and poet) in an event sponsored by our local public library.  I was the contact person because apparently I am the mom who is the most enthusiastic (most over-the-top😝) about books.  I also have met Irene on a number of occasions and have corresponded with her over the years as a wannabe book blogger. Anyway, I was a wee bit anxious that we wouldn’t have a nice crowd, but my peeps showed up to the tune of 34 kids and adults.  That seems like a respectable crowd, doesn’t it? 

Anyway, the event was lovely and I think the students got something out of it. 

And I can mark another spring event off my list. 😅

• Like 4

Wednesday wipe-me-out day.

• Up most of the night watching old movies.
  • Kid 1 up early to do homework.
  • Kid 2 up, breakfast made, homework reviewed and corrected, kids packed and off to the school bus.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Shower, hair wash, ready to work in the office - meeting with the auditors for 6 hours.
  • Dealt with car insurance and fixit companies.
  • Various other work as I managed to get done.
  • Kid 2 ready & off to horse riding.
  • Kid 1 assigned to do homework.  Helped with homework.

To do:

• Sneak a nap ???  Work ???
  • Kid 1 finish homework & off to gymnasics.
  • Kid 2 homework.
  • Some sort of dinner.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Whatever else gets done before I collapse.
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Morning, all! 

Coffee etc

shower + dress

leave for author event

author talk!

Dd14 to pick up dress

dd14 to appointment

drop other kids with dh

prep cc class

teach cc class

figure out tomorrow

On to CC class prep.

Y'all are making me feel better about my own brain fog with your anecdotes! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Went to vehicle licensing office and got ds' car tabs.  I was a bit nervous because they ask for ID and his car is not in my name but she had no problem with it since we share a last name and an address.

Went to the post office and mailed the tabs priority mail to him.  Kind of expensive way to send something but much less expensive than a ticket for expired tabs.  (vehicle registration)

• Like 2

Just got back from the vet. Stopped and got my pup a McDonalds pancake (our tradition when he gets his monthly injection).🐶

I just realized that a trip to the grocery store needs to happen tomorrow because the boys are coming home and they require loads of food. Aargh, tomorrow was going to be my one day this week when I could just stay home and not have to deal with humanity. *Sigh*

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Morning, all! 

Coffee etc

shower + dress

leave for author event

author talk!

Dd14 to pick up dress

dd14 to appointment

drop other kids with dh

prep cc class

teach cc class

figure out tomorrow

Cut my class loose early because 2/3 of the class was absent. 

Now how to spend my newly-discovered free time? 🤨

• Like 3