Menu

My 8 yo reads Calvin and Hobbes aloud to me

Kidlit

Oh goodness, my kid did that for awhile. He did it so much (he’s an extremely verbal kid) that no one could stand it. It was cute the first little bit but dang....it got old fast! He practically has the whole set we own memorized and will quote them at random times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairfarmhand said:

Oh goodness, my kid did that for awhile. He did it so much (he’s an extremely verbal kid) that no one could stand it. It was cute the first little bit but dang....it got old fast! He practically has the whole set we own memorized and will quote them at random times. 

YES!  YES! YES! My guy is extremely verbal, too.  I’ll admit I still get cracked up at Calvin, so I’m sure that doesn’t help discourage him (& I really don’t want to DIScourage him, exactly). . .but DANG!  Sometimes my ears need a break! 😬😂

• Like 1

Yes! Ds7 tries to entertain by reading aloud Garfield comics. It loses a lot in presentation, but he laughs and laughs.

For a while, Dd11 was reading Bloom County. We had some.. interesting.. conversations. Cultural literacy, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine does that.  I tell her she can read 3 of them to me and then I'm done listening to them for the day. If I don't teach her that explicitly she might become one of those people. As soon as she reads it I say, "OK, that's one." I'm rigid about the limits.  Same with knock knock jokes when she was little.  This is my 3rd kid and I was around for Calvin and Hobbes when it came out in the newspaper weekly.