Menu

Do you tip for furniture delivery?

klmama

I find tipping to be getting awkward because I’ve had one to FOUR people show up, and I don’t carry a whole lot of cash, let alone in various denominations. We always plan to tip, but it seemed really weird when a crew of guys brought in a 4-piece set like a sped up montage and we had two tens set aside.

On the other hand, I gave two older men all the cash I had on me when they came to remove a giant rotting deer carcasss from my property! I still think of them fondly, lol.

When we have offered to tip, we were told they were not allowed to accept tips.  So it has been a long time since we offered.  (Of course the last furniture we got delivered was at least 10 years ago, so we don't do this often.)

4 hours ago, SKL said:

When we have offered to tip, we were told they were not allowed to accept tips.  So it has been a long time since we offered.  (Of course the last furniture we got delivered was at least 10 years ago, so we don't do this often.)

We tip when they do extra or heavy work. If they're not allowed to accept tips, we make sure to have cold bottles of water available to give them, especially in the hot summers.