Menu

-

alisoncooks

4 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

DH and I have not celebrated an anniversary (sans kids) since our 10th -- 9 years ago!  So I'm looking ahead (June) and dreaming/planning. 

We're working with limited time frame & money, so I'm thinking a one-night getaway at a fancy hotel (think: fluffy robes and jetted tub). Anyway, what would you include in such a getaway? I've got the tEA component covered, tyvm. 😉 But what super-relaxing, indulgent treats would you plan? Eat out or order room service? Go out for a movie or...ahem...Netflix and chill?

We never, EVER have date nights or romantic trips (I'll probably squeeze this in on the way to pick up the kids from sleep-away camp). But I wanna make the most if it! (I'm def thinking bubble bath+book will be included!)

We did this last year. We bought tickets to see a great band, then made reservations at a fancy hotel within walking distance. It had a very nice restaurant, so that's where we ended up having dinner beforehand. We went to another great restaurant for a fancy breakfast, which we never do, on the way home.

• Like 1

I wouldn't do room service because the food is often cold or yucky ime. BUT eating out (early) and then dessert in the room might be nice. I would do all the grooming prep at home before we leave. Two nights would be better, of course--I usually need some bonding time, and enjoy walking around a small town or having lunch out before checking in. Can you start your date early in the day?

• Like 1

sounds absolutely lovely.

This week we had our 26th anniversary. I got DH  tickets for him and dd to go to Nepal for 3 weeks holiday. He has wanted to go forever. he got me nothing   - not even a bunch of flowers. 😞  Very disappointed. I did drop reminder hints for 3 weeks before hand so he wouldn't have the excuse that he forgot. 

• Sad 4

Recently we did a one night in a nice cabin. We got there about four, took a small hike, brewed tEA, then went to our fancy dinner (I prefer tEA when I’m not super full), came back and drank Prosecco and ate chocolates while soaking in their huge tub. Then we read and fell asleep. In the morning we had a nice breakfast, took a longer hike, and got a couple’s massage, but honestly we could have left that off and saved money. I have had too many meh massages to think they are worth the money. We were already quite relaxed, lol.

• Like 2