Menu

Just realized I’m too sick and contagious for Epiphany tomorrow

Terabith

I started to get sick last night - running nose, constant sneezing (which for me - is very much just the first stage that would end with a sinus infection).

a while ago I read about using liposmal vit c (or at least vit c with rose hips or bioflavinoids) and echinacea.   every hour.   today I'm tired, but my sinuses are  clear and no sneezing at all.

get well soon.

Thanks.  I apparently have a combination of three illnesses:  a flu like illness (negative flu test but symptoms and fever), mouth ulcers like hand foot mouth (herpangina) and a very painful rash that the doctor thinks is scarlet fever but is not to my relief cellulitis.  So I have an assortment of meds and doctor says I am probably looking at seven to ten days before I’m well.  Glad it wasn’t over Christmas but was looking forward to Epiphany.  

48 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Thanks.  I apparently have a combination of three illnesses:  a flu like illness (negative flu test but symptoms and fever), mouth ulcers like hand foot mouth (herpangina) and a very painful rash that the doctor thinks is scarlet fever but is not to my relief cellulitis.  So I have an assortment of meds and doctor says I am probably looking at seven to ten days before I’m well.  Glad it wasn’t over Christmas but was looking forward to Epiphany.  

That sounds miserable, I'm sorry.

• Like 1

I am right there with you due to this food poisoning.  I am especially sad since I missed last week due to my post holiday meltdown and I was really looking forward to the Epiphany service at our new church.  Being sick is no fun 😞

Edited by CaliforniaDreamin
  • Sad 2

It’s actually flu but without a positive flu test (but the fever and other flu like symptoms going around the community), herpangina (so mouth ulcers but not hands and feet), and what the doctor is guessing is scarlet fever.   So nothing definitive, except I feel lousy and am contagious.  Definitely feel better in bed.