Menu

What's the best thing about living in Switzerland? AKA Joke of the day

chocolate-chip chooky

It's been a number of years...but when I was there last cows still grazed on lush green fields and produced incredible dairy products. Their chocolate is also divine. Then there is the skiing and the majesty of some of the largest mountain ranges. They do speak a form of German 😋 called Swiss German but if a local lets loose, it does not sound much like high German. I worked with Swiss people many moons ago and when things were slow we entertained ourselves trying to learn Swiss German phrases.

DH was living there (near Neuchatel) when we dated.  We did not have kids or a family so this is from single people in love perspective.  It is beautiful and we had a lot going on socially so it was great in both of those regards for us.   The wine is also good.  

We went on vacation in winter before kids. Someone in my tour group had Nutella cravings and was so happy to see Nutella at the hotel’s dining room. My entire tour group have only stayed in high cost of living cities and are used to higher than Sydney’s cost of living. So food, groceries, chocolates were affordable.  Shopping was nice as they have small sizes so it wasn’t hard to buy XS clothing off the rack at the malls during after dinner shopping. 

Snow was lovely and the roads were cleared of snow so it wasn’t hard for cars or tour buses to drive. 

It was also hassle free to go from Frankfurt, Germany to Switzerland to Paris, France. We just stayed in the tour bus during border crossings.

We didn’t have time to go to Jungfrau while we were there. We went to Mount Titlis and enjoyed the cable car ride to the top.

• chocolate-chip chooky changed the title to What's the best thing about living in Switzerland? AKA Joke of the day
10 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Today's joke:

I just burned 2000 calories.

That's the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

My sister made us a fabulous jar of jokes/puns as a Chrissy present. We read one over dinner each night. The jar has exactly 365 jokes 🙂 

What a great idea!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

Today's joke:

I just burned 2000 calories.

That's the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

My sister made us a fabulous jar of jokes/puns as a Chrissy present. We read one over dinner each night. The jar has exactly 365 jokes 🙂 

Did you say "Chrissy present?" Is this a typo or a real thing we're doing now?