Mine is similar.

One block of cream cheese.

Top with a jar of chutney.

Serve with a variety of crackers.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, KungFuPanda said:

I raised md kids. We do crab dip. I don’t have the amounts handy, but I know I do:

fresh crab (never canned), cream cheese, cheddar, pepper jack, sour cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and insane amounts of old bay. 

I’ll be right over with a box of captain’s wafers. 

🚲

18 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

jeepers...i went hard AF with the dip recipes in this thread...

I just realized it’s an old thread! But fun to see as holiday time rolls around again. 

On 12/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, unsinkable said:

This is kind of a deconstructed version of BamBam's (which made my mouth water!).

Spread a container of chive or dill flavored cream cream on a small-ish plate. Top with a container of hummus. Layer on the following toppings: crumbled feta, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, halved Greek olives,  chopped green peppers. Before serving drizzle with a good EVOO.

I know this is an old thread and I don't care! I'm ready to replace the "soup and bread" night everyone talks about when meal planning with "chips and dip night", lol. This looks SO good!!!!! (except I don't like raw green peppers very much, would skip those and add maybe some diced sweet onion instead)

On 12/12/2018 at 7:28 PM, AK_Mom4 said:

Smoked salmon (the good stuff) plus cream cheese. Beat in a mixer until smooth. 

Eat with a large spoon right from the bowl 

Um...yeah. I supposed I could serve on toast, but why. Have spoon, will binge, right?

On 12/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, Farrar said:

We're another family who are into the fruit friendly dips. I like cream cheese+cinnamon+pureed pumpkin all whipped together.

ooooh!!!!!! Fruit schmoot - that wold be yummy on nilla wafers or graham crackers!!!! Or fine, really nice honey crisp apples I guess. 

On 12/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Carol in Cal. said:

Family recipe for Clam Dip.  (full disclosure--sometimes I eat this with crackers for dinner.  It's so good.)

8 oz cream cheese, at room temp (low fat does not work for this recipe)

Garlic powder

White pepper

1 can of minced clams (6-7 oz), drained, liquid reserved

2 tsp Worcheshter sauce

2 tsp lemon juice

In a medium bowl mix 3 tablespoons of the clam juice with the other liquids.  Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder.  Add about 3 generous pinches of white pepper.  Mix in the clams.  Add cream cheese and mix thoroughly with a fork.  If you want it smoother you can use a hand mixer on it, but I usually don't.  Sometimes I add a little more clam juice if I want it creamier.

Fantastic on barbequed potato chips, or Ruffles plain potato chips.  Awfully darned good on wheat thins, too.  Anyone who has had this asks me to make it again the next time, or gingerly inquires as to availability at our house.  Totally great recipe.

Saving so I can make this later!

On 12/12/2018 at 9:27 PM, ScoutTN said:

Super plain and ordinary, but yummy, fast, snd easy:

1 block of softened cream cheese

Pour one jar of red pepper jelly over cheese.

Serve with good plain crackers. 

My maternal grandmother always served this, with homemade red pepper jelly. Now my mom does. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

Bump for New Year's Eve dippers

@scholasticaAlso to collect my check as a spokeswoman for the Council on Cream Cheese Manufacturers. LOL

LOL. As in was putting away the groceries for this week, I realized that I had bought 4 blocks of cream cheese! Four!  All for various dips and such for NYE. 😂

• Haha 2

At a Christmas party we looked at the appetizers everyone brought and realized we apparently can't celebrate without cream cheese.  My recipe was from the 70s so I think it's been true a long time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just realized that cream cheese consumption must be up though.  They now sell two packs and no longer sell small bricks.  I vaguely recall the little bricks and see them referenced in old recipes.

19 minutes ago, happi duck said:

I just realized that cream cheese consumption must be up though.  They now sell two packs and no longer sell small bricks.  I vaguely recall the little bricks and see them referenced in old recipes.

Yeah, the 3 oz packages aren't around in my area.

Also, our grocery sells  four- 8oz packages of their store brand bundled together for a reduced price.

The sell by date is months in advance so I almost always by the 4 pack.

52 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

Yeah, the 3 oz packages aren't around in my area.

Also, our grocery sells  four- 8oz packages of their store brand bundled together for a reduced price.

The sell by date is months in advance so I almost always by the 4 pack.

I have a family recipe book that in one recipe called for a 3 oz package of cream cheese and I half assumed that was a misprint. Never seen one. 

Sharing this again on this thread because it's amazing. https://www.melskitchencafe.com/cranberry-jalapeno-cream-cheese-dip-sugar-rush-reinvented-7/