Menu

Anyone else having problems with Amazon Prime?

happypamama

So I've gone to order a couple of things in the last day or so, from Amazon Prime, and although they say Prime, they're telling me "Free Shipping by November 13."  Okay, so maybe I picked a couple of odd items that need extra processing time (although one of them did say "get by November 7 with an extra fee").  Fine.  Annoying, since one of them was toilet paper, so now I'll need to pick that up at my local store, but I get that it happens sometimes.

Out of curiosity, I looked at my orders from the last month, of which there have been several, in a variety of areas.  Every single one of those items that I previously received in two days is now saying "free shipping by November 13."  Not one of them says "Free Two Day Prime shipping."  My Prime membership hasn't expired.  Our Prime is serviced by both UPS and USPS, depending on the item, so it seems odd that both of them would have suddenly changed something.  I've contacted Amazon; they don't know what's going on but will look into it and have someone get back to me soon.

Anyone else experiencing something like this?  I've let Amazon know that if they can't resolve it, I will not be renewing because $119 a year for over a week's shipping is ridiculous.  I do live rurally, but my Prime items have always been very reliable, usually well less than 48 hours.  We have (had?) at least one, maybe more, distribution center near us.  I wonder what's changed.

5 minutes ago, Annie G said:

We’ve had that kind of issue in the past but for the past few months everything has been delivered within 2-3 days of the date we ordered.  It’s been like the old Prime service we were used to!

It stinks to pay fo Prime and get lousy service though. 

It sure does!  I'm willing to let it go for a couple of items, but it won't be worth the money if they don't improve.  I like Prime because I don't have to take small kids into WalMart for one or two items, and also, WM is half an hour away anyway.  But in a week, I can get to WM, and I have teens who can help out now anyway, or I can just have the stuff shipped to the WM on my DH's route home, and he can pick them up for me.  I don't love WM, but they're attempting to be competitive.

• Like 1

Interesting. I only ordered one Prime item recently and I chose the slow boat shipping option so I could get the $1 digital credit because I didn't need or want it right away. Supposed to be delivered Nov 8th but arrived yesterday. So, it got sent regular Prime speed, but I got the credit. That's happened nefore, but only when it was shipping with something that I ordered to come Prime 2-day and they threw in the slower shipping speed item.

The only times I've noticed what you are talking about are holidays, heavy shipping times, and weather-related issues (snow, hurricane, flood). Veteran's day is observed on Nov 12th so shipping might be delayed on that end, but surely not 9 days out?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

Interesting. I only ordered one Prime item recently and I chose the slow boat shipping option so I could get the $1 digital credit because I didn't need or want it right away. Supposed to be delivered Nov 8th but arrived yesterday. So, it got sent regular Prime speed, but I got the credit. That's happened nefore, but only when it was shipping with something that I ordered to come Prime 2-day and they threw in the slower shipping speed item.

The only times I've noticed what you are talking about are holidays, heavy shipping times, and weather-related issues (snow, hurricane, flood). Veteran's day is observed on Nov 12th so shipping might be delayed on that end, but surely not 9 days out?

Yeah, a day or so because of a holiday, I could understand.  My experience has always been similar to yours, even the slow shipping for the credit usually is very fast.  It's just very sudden that things have changed so much.

4 minutes ago, Garga said:

An Amazon warehouse in Baltimore had a big wall collapse, killing two people on Friday.  Maybe the things you order normally come from there and they’re having to be re-routed from another warehouse.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/amazon-building-collapses-during-tornado-in-maryland-leaving-2-dead

Oh goodness, that's awful!  That could be it.