Menu

Ghosts who eat Hershey Kisses? Or mice...

Ginevra

This is weird. Like, super-weird. We have a room in our basement that is a gym/exercise room. It has a weight bench, a machine, a heavy bag and some miscellaneous fitness weights. I don’t use this room much because it is too “dungeon-like”, at the very back of the basement next to the mechanical room and I don’t like to exercise in there; I exercise with free weights in my bedroom. 

Dh came up from doing something in the mechanical room and told me there are puzzling little piles of tin foil shredded up in the gym room. So I went and looked. It is truly strange. There are little piles of foil and, upon examination, they must have been Hershey Kisses once. I found the little paper tag for a Kiss. What I don’t know is how they ever ended up there and what left those little piles. Presumably a mouse. Still weird, though, because a mouse would have had to take the chocolates from some other place in the house, bring them to this room, and then chew them up. The most recent time I can think a mouse would have had access to Hershey’s Kisses near there was last Christmas, when ds18 had his stocking downstairs while playing the XBox (still a different part of the basement, but close enough for it to make some sense). 

What is your guess? 

4 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

My kids are guilty of leaving the foils of Dove square chocolates around the living room. Finding chocolates from last year’s Halloween would be normal here. The shredded foil part would be weird since neither of my kids like to shred stuff.

My dog will unwrap a lollipop, eat the candy, and leave the wrapper and stick behind. He’s not a particularly smart dog either. The culprit could be anything from mice all the way up to kids. Neither will eat the foil. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Kids.

Mice.

But I really want to go with ghost.  A chocolate craving ghost is a much more satisfying explanation, don’t you think?!  

It’s the Ghost of PMS Past! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

17 minutes ago, heartlikealion said:

Is your dd or someone eating candy and not throwing away the trash? That would be my guess. A hidden stash lol. Maybe there's no trash can nearby.

No, definitely not a child. It is literally almost a powder of foil, that is how shredded up the “wrapper” is. I could not possibly have identified it as former Kisses except that the paper tag was intact in one pile. 

If not a family member, then I'd guess mice.  Mice will carry food anywhere and everywhere in a house to store it.   We were out of our home for over a year once, and when we finally came home, mice had overtaken it.  They had found dried corn somewhere and stored it in probably close to 100 places throughout our house.  For the next couple of years, we found dried corn in jacket pockets, at the bottom of rolled sleeping bags, in the ends of mittens, in old shoe boxes under beds, in drawers.  That was when I learned that mice carried food all over the place!

Edited by J-rap
  • Confused 1