Menu

Who’s going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  Up again at 4 am.  I remember this from the last time we prepped the house to move - collapse on sofa at 8 pm from exhaustion, wake up around 4 am.

-coffee
-DS17 off to school
-school with DS14 (I keep forgetting we still need to do this in the midst of everything else...)
-call private school in Greenville, SC to see about admittance for DS17 and setting up an interview/tour when we all are up there the week of Thanksgiving
-ask private school for the names of some SAT tutoring places/courses up there and get DS17 signed up
-call DS17's school to let them know he will be leaving at the end of the semester and have transcripts sent to private school
-pack up all photos displayed around the house
-Dad busy touching up paint where lawn sprinklers discolor house, painting closet doors that need it, painting front door, doing small drywall repairs, painting ceiling in DS14 bathroom (how does a kid get his ceiling dirty??)
-rent storage space and take some extra "stuff" over there (including bins and bins of Lego - wish me luck with this one)
-declutter room by room (today I have kitchen and guest room on my list, will also go through my closet again - we shall see how that goes)
-clean something (I will scrub all cabinets inside and out while I am decluttering - which means I have to go to the store for Murphy's Oil soap)
-drop donations off at Goodwill, trash to landfill
-nursery for some new plants for front and around hot tub planters in the pool cage and a lot of mulch
-tutor student coming at 5 pm (ugh)
-dinner (salmon and rice)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Jean, I'll be thinking of Cinnamon today! Let us know how she does. (Also, we haven't seen any cute bunny pics for awhile...)

Pink and Green, your day sounds exhausting. I'll be happy for you when you're settled in your new home!

• school w/dd
  • office work (prepare bank deposits, go through email, file)
  • empty garbage cans throughout house
  • dust and vacuum upstairs
  • deworm horses
  • take cat to vet at 2:00 to have the lump on his back looked at
  • make weekend plans
  • make menu plan and shopping list
  • dinner: ?? no clue, we are seriously low on groceries (but at least I have an oven again ?)
  • watch hockey tonight
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

Selkie, the past three months you have reminded me to give our dog his heartworm meds - I forget until I see it on your list.  I didn't see it on your list today so here is a reminder in case you forgot ?

Thank you - I did totally forget! I actually have the little heart-shaped sticker thingy on the calendar for today, but in my morning stupor, I completely missed it.?

• Like 4

Good morning! I slept terribly for some reason- so I am definitely dragging today. Pink and Green, your list is crazy. Moving is so, so much work. The last time we moved, I had stress dreams about forgetting about a cabinet that had was filled to the brim and couldn't be packed in time.

• coffee/paper
  • pick up ds3
  • breakfast/school with ds3
  • write
  • read
  • chores
  • take a nap
  • ds3 to tennis
  • check in with dd2
  • read/chores
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner: leftovers

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Ds is off to the airport with a family from our church. His girlfriend and her sister fly in this morning for the weekend. They haven't seen each other since the first of August. He is really excited, and they will spend the day together here as well as other things this weekend. 

Done:

• took ds to leave for airport
  • errands out
  • paid bills
  • tidied house and put out some fall decorations 
  • got things ready to tutor one student

To Do:

• tutor
  • work on final plans for co-op classes tomorrow
  • make a ballot box to put votes in for a mock election the co-op has tomorrow
  • take ds and girlfriend out to dinner
  • pack up things for co-op
  • Like 5

Yesterday was a great productive day.  Today not so much (so far). 

[Just a quick share - my youngest started her first p. yesterday and she was NOT happy about it!  She hollered "NOOOO!"  When my other kid got hers, her reaction was "yay!"  I have been instructed NOT to laugh about any of it.  So I am not making light of any of it.  ? We will live through it.  ?

• Up until 2am doing work - got a few deadline items out.
  • Up at 5am because kid wanted to finish homework.
  • Kid woke me up a couple more times to help her with stuff.
  • Remembered gym suit was in washer; dried it halfway and stuffed it into kid's bag slightly damp!
  • Drove kids to Power of the Pen meeting.
  • Got a few things out for work. 
  • Napped.
  • More work.
  • Stole and ate a bunch of my kids' Halloween candy.
  • Caught up on social media & stuff.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• May nap some more.
  • More work.
  • Bills.
  • Calendar.
  • Kids' work (the only sport activity is after school basketball for 1 kid, and driver will bring her home).
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, SKL said:

Yesterday was a great productive day.  Today not so much (so far). 

[Just a quick share - my youngest started her first p. yesterday and she was NOT happy about it!  She hollered "NOOOO!"  When my other kid got hers, her reaction was "yay!"  I have been instructed NOT to laugh about any of it.  So I am not making light of any of it.  ? We will live through it.  ?

I was in the "NOOOO!" camp and so was my dd (she got lucky and didn't get hers until she was almost 15).

The book Are You There, God? It's Me Margaret was all the rage when I was a kid and I was always baffled by the girls in the book who wanted to get their periods. Like, why would you possibly be excited about having to deal with that??‍♀️

• Like 5

I took my car into the mechanic this morning  I needed the oil changed - no biggie.  But also - my windshield wipers were starting to only work on the very highest setting.  And in this climate during our rainy season that is not good.  So when I dropped it off, they tried the wipers and sure enough it wouldn't work.  So they took it apart to see why it wouldn't work and couldn't figure out why.  But suddenly it started working again - perfectly.   ????   No one knows why.  But I was only charged for the oil change so that bill was tons smaller than I expected!!  So here's hoping that whatever gremlins were making the windshield wipers not work have been banished forever.  Cuz that was our final diagnosis - gremlins. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Cinnamon came through her spay surgery ok.  But now she won't have anything to do with Rusty.  She cries at him and bares her teeth to tell him to get away.  The rabbit rescue lady (who is doing convalescent care for us) and I disagree a bit on what this means.  I think that it is due to her pain from surgery.  She thinks that Cinnamon has unresolved issues with Rusty that require a rabbit apology from him.  Who knows. 

• Like 4