Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  Insomnia has struck because I'm just so excited - after being mergered out of his job last November, [clouds part, angels sing]...

DH GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!  Unfortunately, the job is not local but in SC and DS17 is going to be devastated about having to change schools as a junior/right before senior year.  It is hard to be excited with that discussion/decision looming over our head.

-coffee/shower/get ready
-DS17 off to school

-get DS14 situated for school (one live class, studying for AP Computers midterm, studying for biology final, studying for Spanish test)
-substitute teach (I am actually proctoring an in school suspension, which will leave me with exactly 8 hours to obsess about moving, etc.  I am beginning to wonder why I agreed to do this - it isn't that I will have to teach so much as babysit while this child does his/her classwork.)
-come home and think about dinner
-tutor my student from 5-6
-DS17 baseball practice 5:30-8 (and he has a huge honors physics exam tomorrow and he is really struggling)
-dinner
-start with the massive to-do lists (getting house ready to sell, decluttering, moving, house hunting, how long to stay in FL, do we rent here and buy there, rent in both places until end of school year, etc.)
-look into homeschool tutorials and private schools in Greenville/Sparatanburg, SC area

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Pink and Green, that's great news, but I understand being concerned for the kids. That is an awesome area! We have family there and love visiting it. 

The usuals are done (food for dh and cats, about to have some coffee).

• school with ds
  • meals
  • game day with homeschool group
  • ds to swim
  • pay bills, catch up checking records
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Hooray for a new job, Pink and Green!!? I'm so excited for you!! The details must seem daunting, but it will all work out.

I'm pretty sure that one or both of my boys are coming home tonight and possibly staying for the weekend. Not sure of the details yet. They have tomorrow off for Fall Break and most of their friends are heading home, so I'm hoping they'll be lured back here out of sheer boredom.:happy:

• school w/dd
  • office work (really need to get my butt in gear)
  • take Ollie to vet at 10:30 for checkup and shots
  • place a Boxed order 
  • tidy up main floor 
  • use all my willpower to stay off the Humane Society website (They just got a big truckload of puppies from down south, and the cuteness is overwhelming.? Dh had to wrench my phone out of my hands last night because I was trying to figure out how we could fit like ten more dogs in our house.?)
  • dinner: orange tofu and veggie fried rice
  • watch hockey tonight 
  • Like 4

Woo hoo, Pink and Green!! Great news! I have heard the Greenville area is so nice.  I am going to try to clean the house today- I have definitely been slacking on chores. 

• coffee/paper
  • pick up ds3 from tennis
  • breakfast/kitchen clean up
  • school with ds3
  • write
  • weekly chores
  • work with dd2 on her off period
  • ds3 to tennis
  • dinner- last night was a giant salad and pizza, tonight-French toast with bacon

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Pink and Green, that is great news! I understand the weight of the the new to-do list, and concerns for your Ds17. Praying for details to work out, and great new friends/schooling in SC.

Regular Thursday here. Late start.  

School  

AHG stuff with Dd  

Make dinner early. Shepherd's pie and green beans.  

Ds to an activity.  

AHG   

This weekend has to be catch-up on housework, errands, general life organization. Drowning in chaos here. Dh will be out of town for most of next week, and my mom is having surgery Wed, so I need more order before next week gets here! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Great news on the job offer!  Good luck with the decisions that follow.

I didn't hear my alarms this morning until it was already late.  Also I forgot the kids had to go early, until we had less than 30 minutes to leave.  Luckily we can all move pretty fast when we need to and care to, but we were still a bit late to Power of the Pen.

• Kids up & off to school - early for writing club.
  • Cleaned kitchen and some clutter.
  • Coffee.
  • Social media, emails, news.
  • Took care of some minor AHG stuff.
  • Phone call with sister.

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • List of to-dos / calendar.
  • Bills.
  • Some reading and exercise.
  • Kids have TKD tonight, driver will take them.
  • Kids' work.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Like 4

• Checked Dd's math.
  • DW run -unloaded by ds.
  • Library books returned/checked out.
  • Voted! 
  • Called mom.
  • Texted Dh about dinner.
  • Emailed about an appt.
  • Called in Rx refill.

Next up:

• snack   
  • check Dd's AHG work
  • get ready for tonight.  
  • get gas   
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Wicked productive day. Bathrooms are clean, the house is dusted, laundry is done, the kitchen is clean. Halloween goodie boxes mailed to faraway kids. My "work" (so, so unpaid) of writing is going very well today.

Dinner is made and ds3 gave it a serious thumbs up- adapted Paula Deen French toast casserole and breakfast sausages.

Dd2 stopped at a friend's house and will be home soon.

DH is at a work dinner.

I am eating jalapeno stuffed olives and drinking Irish whiskey- how multicultural am I?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

Wicked productive day. Bathrooms are clean, the house is dusted, laundry is done, the kitchen is clean. Halloween goodie boxes mailed to faraway kids. My "work" (so, so unpaid) of writing is going very well today.

Dinner is made and ds3 gave it a serious thumbs up- adapted Paula Deen French toast casserole and breakfast sausages.

Dd2 stopped at a friend's house and will be home soon.

DH is at a work dinner.

I am eating jalapeno stuffed olives and drinking Irish whiskey- how multicultural am I?

Jen, you are a rock star! I need a day like that tomorrow!

• Like 3

Got home, starving, looking forward to my dinner, to find that Dh took the Shepherd's pie out of it's casserole and dumped it into a salad bowl (?!), so the potatoes are now all mixed into the meat. Now I can't eat it, bc I need to eat low carb. I used my fun money to buy the lamb (because our grocery budget is very tight) and spent 90 minutes making that dinner. Sigh.

Scrambled eggs, for me. Or go to bed hungry. Not much else here that is hot, filling and low carb. 

Stupid little thing I know, but at the end of a long, frustrating day, seems bigger. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3