Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  So glad to be back to normal here.

-coffee
-get Mr. Sunshine DS17 off to school (jeez, is he a grouch)
-school with DS14 (studying for a biology midterm and wrapping up the first semester of Spanish are the highlights for the week)
-laundry DONE: 1
-workout (seriously, I've exercised 1 day this month)
-figure out dinner (something with chicken? maybe a quiche instead if I have enough eggs? at this point anything I can make without having to go to the grocery store)
-finally, once and for all, finish formatting the project I'm working on for the school principal and get it off my plate
-figure out tutoring schedule for the week (mom never got back to me yesterday with upcoming test schedule or days available)
-find a book to read and read it (so far behind on 52 books/52 weeks)
-dinner - shrimp scampi, since I have all 4 ingredients....

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Today:
-breakfast
-fold laundry
-school for an hour/1.5 hours with the 8yo (math, violin, dictation)
-library time (I'm meeting with a mom who is thinking about homeschooling, ds will do his reading and play)
-lunch
-drop ds off at p.e.
-make pie for after dinner tonight
-work on oldest's slippers, darn youngest's hockey socks and add more velcro to his shin guards
-pick up ds
-finish the rest of school (history, Latin, writing)
-make dinner
-tidy up and have family time.

Ah, I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted, and I'm too tired to deal with more of school or to make a pie.  Laundry and dinner left before I call it quits.

Edited by HomeAgain
  • Like 5

Good morning!

• workers are here again today - new mudroom sink is getting installed, plus new oven and fridge are arriving
  • need to take everything out of the current kitchen fridge and move it into new one (good thing I haven't been grocery shopping in over a week and the fridge is fairly empty ?)
  • school w/dd
  • office work (start wrapping up October)
  • order new lights for kitchen, mudroom, pantry, and main floor bath (been wanting to get this done for days, but it's been too busy)
  • bring medical supplies box/fly spray/grooming stuff/etc. into house for the winter so it doesn't freeze
  • make menu plan and shopping list
  • water plants
  • dinner: red lentil pasta with veg. sausage, broccoli, and butternut squash sauce
  • Like 4

Good morning!

School

House cleaning that did not happen over the weekend.

Laundry

Ds to/from swimming

Walk - it is a lovely fall day here!

Figure out dinner. Something with chx? Curry.

Prep for tomorrow. I am on to volunteer at Dd's tutorial all day. So need to-do list for Ds, instructions for Dh, and a dinner plan. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

• Got the kids up on time.
  • My daughter's hair.  Lord save both of us.
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Caught up on emails, etc.
  • Should be working.
  • Need to do some exercise and personal things so I can feel like a human and be productive.
  • Make an appointment for kid's chiro visit tomorrow.
  • Bills.
  • Calendar.
  • Tonight, kids coming home on the bus, then only TaeKwonDo (the driver will take them).  I decided they have to do TKD 4 days this week to hopefully catch up for the Saturday belt test.
  • Kids' work.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 5

Good morning! Regular Monday here. dh and ds3 played tennis early this morning and dd2 went to practice. I rolled over and went back to sleep- like a normal person. 

• coffee/paper
  • ds3 started on school
  • write/letters etc
  • some meal planning
  • lunch break to go to the grocery store
  • finish up school with ds3 (electives in the afternoon)
  • ds3 to tennis
  • chat a little with dd2
  • go to the dentist with dd2-she heads to practice from there
  • pick up ds3
  • dinner-leftovers

Have a great day!

• Like 4

I thought I coined a new word:  "dramedy" - but when I looked it up on the internet, apparently it was already a word.

So today I had some "dramedy" with one of my clients.  As in, they are freaking out for a reason that is a little bit funny.  Breathe!  It's gonna be ok.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

human care done

pet care done

medical care done

school done

Everyone told me that being Camp Director would not be very busy.  Everyone was wrong.  Spent another hour or so that I wasn't expecting on camp business today.  Not that I'm complaining.  I'm actually getting some good information that I need.  But I have to allocate an other half hour or so to doing some more  camp business this afternoon.

• Like 4

The kids have a ridiculous amount of homework today, after not having any over their 4 day weekend.  This is just crazy.  Normally my eldest has a gymnastics class that takes her away from homework for 2.5 hours, but today I decided that both kids need to go to TKD and work on their form instead.  They did not like this, but oh well.  Should have worked harder on it all month.

I made both girls empty out their backpacks and I went through and sorted out the garbage, papers Mom keeps, papers to be returned, junk to keep home (one kid had a pile of LOL Surprise Doll pieces and about 8 story books in her bag), and stuff to keep in the bag for ongoing review etc.  I told my youngest she needs to get organized, and she said, "what does organized mean?"  Really??  Just don't.

I also laid out some new rules, effective until further notice:

1) Every day before bed, some adult in the house gets a comb through youngest's hair and it gets braided.

2) Every school morning, starting at 7:15 I stand in their doorways and nag continually until they are headed down for breakfast.

The first I don't mind doing.  The 2nd is a bigger punishment to me than to them.  But I am too sick of the last minute crap every morning.  Waking them up early makes no difference, it just gives them more time to play around.

After the kids get home, they have to finish their homework in 2 hours, or I will have to follow through on no activities tomorrow.  No activities tomorrow would be a punishment for one kid and a reward for the other.

I also need to do some laundry, which I forgot to include in the list above.

• Like 3