Menu

I bought my first two Christmas gifts today at my thrift store.

Night Elf

I got a Big Bang Theory trivia card game for DH. 

I got a small crock pot cookbook for dd20 in college. I will buy her a crock pot to go with it. Right now she has a roommate who has one but she'll be moving out with new roommates next August so I just think she should have her own. 

• Like 7

I picked up a Tator Tot cookbook for our secretary who loves tator tots.  And I also found some elephant salt and pepper shakers I got for dd who's crazy about elephants.

And Night Elf, grab the crockpot on Black Friday for $10.  ;)

Edited by Tina
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tina said:

And Night Elf, grab the crockpot on Black Friday for $10.  ?

I've seen them for that on Cyber Monday too.

I bought my oldest an early Christmas gift (a Christmas sweater) this weekend, but between a sale, a coupon I had, and my employee discount, it was only $14.

• Like 1

Last year the gift that felt most thoughtful to me was a vegan cookbook and the cutest potholders in my kitchen colors. I was still in my baby vegan stage with all my recipes being printed from the internet (nothing wrong with that, still do it) so that my niece giving me that gift felt so personal. I'm probably not making any sense when I'm just trying to say that the cookbook and crockpot are a wonderful gift idea.

• Like 2

The 8th grader needed basketball shoes. Found a near new top brand pair at the thrift last week.  Then a couple of days later found a collectible/vintage pair that he is going to sell on ebay.  Yesterday, found two very expensive pairs in near perfect condition that I am setting aside for x-mass. My total outlay was $25,00 and will get that many times over when the vintage pair sells. 

18 hours ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

Which vegan cookbook?  Is it one that you use and love?

That was a very sweet and thoughtful gift she gave you.  It was personal and well thought out. 

It's Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I loved it at first but then we got burned out after awhile so now there are just a few I use regularly. This year for Christmas I've put Oh She Glows on my wishlist. I got it from the library and there are quite a few I'm looking forward to making.