Menu

For anyone who needs company tonight...

Spryte

It’s been a hard day, and a hard few weeks.

I think there are probably many of us re-living some pain, and I just want to offer some support, a hug, and to say ... you’re not alone.

Hoping that you are all surrounded by love and support.

That’s all I will say, but those of you who need the support know the who you are.

May we all find some peace tonight.

ETA: This was a well intentioned post, meant for those dealing with the same types of memories and pain that many of us are struggling with now.  Since it’s taken a new turn, I’m fairly sure it’s only adding to others’ pain.  I’m sad that I started it, wish that I hadn’t, and deeply regret it.

My first foray into internet forums was a support group that advised us all to think before we post, and to question if what we are saying will be helpful and supportive to or hurt others.  I try (often unsuccessfully) to post by those guidelines wherever I am.  

Pretty sure this thread has hit the point of hurting others. Not my intention at all.

I’d like to ask that you all just let this thread die a quiet death, as a kindness to me.  I’m asking a favor, as a long time member who tries to be supportive of others.

If that’s not going to work, and the back and forth needs to continue ... eh, carry on.  But rest assured that it’s not helpful or supportive or even kind.  There are women out there reading who, like me, have had very painful experiences playing through their minds continuously for days and days because there has been no escaping the subject, no matter where you stand on the news.  

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 21

3 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

I am sad but I am also hopeful that the fight will finally be taken to the streets and state houses where it belongs and where women have a lot more chances to take power.  

"They tried to bury us, but they didn't know we were seeds."

Gentle hugs to those in need. And to those who need this time for healing, we've got your back. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

I am sorry for those who have been abused and for those who have been falsely accused.  I lived one and not the other but know that there is pain—and redemption—in both.  

Not the thread to mention false accusations.  Actually it’s rather unkind and not something I would expect from you.  

Do realize how many more people are sexually abused than falsely accused?  We are talking mountain and molehill here.

Please start some other thread to create a false equivalence between these two problems.  

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, LucyStoner said:

Not the thread to mention false accusations.  Actually it’s rather unkind and not something I would expect from you.  

Do realize how many more people are sexually abused than falsely accused?  We are talking mountain and molehill here.

Please start some other thread to create a false equivalence between these two problems.  

Thank you for saying what I could not articulate.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Patty Joanna said:

I am sorry for those who have been abused and for those who have been falsely accused.  I lived one and not the other but know that there is pain—and redemption—in both.  

I am sorry you got jumped on in a thread entitled "for ANYONE who needs company tonight." ( Emphasis mine)

• Like 1

Ok, I’m very sorry to have started this thread.  

Anyone can feel free to post whatever they want, obviously, it’s a public forum.  Go ahead.

And do feel free to deconstruct the words I used in the title or my posts, I won’t delete or change them, they are fair game.  I never go back and delete/change anything but typos.  ...  I did say “anyone needing company” in my title, whatever words I may have used in my pain.

I will ask for some grace, from those of you so inclined.  My well intentioned post went sideways, and the kindness to let it die would be appreciated.

ETA: Having to write this post is just another layer, really, of the pain I was posting about last night.  Sigh.

I added an update of sorts to the top post, asking to let the thread die with a explanation.  

Wishing you all peace.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

i didn't finish reading all the other thread. I just let it go. So, I don't know if I missed something that caused this thread. Anyway, I hope all who feel upset by the last few days will find the comfort and support they need. Tomorrow is a new day. ?

Oh, no, I also did not read that other thread to completion.  Nothing in that thread directly caused me to post.

This thread came out of my personal experience the last week or two.  Last night I was simply grateful for the support I have IRL about the pain recent events have dredged up, and even though I can’t articulate it all to my family and friends, I am so, so grateful to them for the kindness and support, and the space to process it that they have given me.  Last night I was acutely aware of the other women - and men- in my shoes, some of whole don’t have that support, and I wanted to say, “you’re not alone.”

It was misinterpreted though, I think, and I did not intend for it to go this way.

I am deeply sad that it did.

Nor did I intend to post again, but didn’t want to leave the impression that something in another thread is what caused me to post support for other people.

Peace, all.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1