Menu

Social Media Venty Vent...

PrincessMommy

Ugh.  I know it's my own fault for going on to FB... but people!! Please!!  DVRs were invented because people do have lives!!!  I know you're happy your guy won...but stop spoiling it for others!!

I was going to settled down and watch Wimbledon later today...  I love Wimbledon.. but it's not the same when you know who won. 

Crappy crap.  

Oh, it's definitely annoying. Have had that happen to me before, too. 

For future reference, at least with FB, they do have a feature now where you can "snooze" certain pages, topics, etc. for 30 days. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but you can probably google for instructions. I know my son did it for the latest superhero movie, when we weren't seeing it on opening day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheReader said:

Oh, it's definitely annoying. Have had that happen to me before, too. 

For future reference, at least with FB, they do have a feature now where you can "snooze" certain pages, topics, etc. for 30 days. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but you can probably google for instructions. I know my son did it for the latest superhero movie, when we weren't seeing it on opening day. 

Except this was a friend who posted it.  Otherwise, that will be very helpful.

8 hours ago, Liz CA said:

Sorry. This can even happen when you google something totally unrelated. Dh said this morning that he knew who won; evidently it popped on on a sidebar on his laptop because we googled play schedules yesterday.

Oh, that would make me so mad.  So disappointing. 

• Like 1

I think that you just have to stay off social media if you are wanting to watch something on delay that a lot of people will watch live.  I'm a football fan and have often turned off radios and stayed off my phone/computer in order to enjoy a game at a later time. It's just the way life is now and you can't expect everyone to keep their enthusiasm dampened until later.

• Like 4

For world cup, we tried to stay off internet areas where we would see scores. It didn't always work. Phone decided to suddenly notify me.    And both dh and dd would end up knowing something anyway because co-worker had it on or it was on the tv news that was on in the building or whatever.  Everyone was telling me I couldn't watch real time though I was the only one who actually could reliably. 

We watch lots of sports on our time.  And it is hard.  If we are doing it with AL football, we know to not go on internet, phone, in restaurants, etc./

I'm sorry it spoiled your fun.  I usually just avoid social media, etc. 

I've got to say regarding this year's men's Wimbledon final, though, was it that much of a surprise who won? The semis were exciting, sure, but Saturday night DH said he was planning to watch Sunday's match live for a bit and then go to late church because the final itself was going to be anticlimactic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailV said:

I'm sorry it spoiled your fun.  I usually just avoid social media, etc. 

I've got to say regarding this year's men's Wimbledon final, though, was it that much of a surprise who won? The semis were exciting, sure, but Saturday night DH said he was planning to watch Sunday's match live for a bit and then go to late church because the final itself was going to be anticlimactic. 

no, not really a surprise.  I agree that the semi-finals were the most exciting and I was sorry to see Nadal (and Federer) eliminated.   I enjoy watching well-played tennis though.  

• Like 1