Menu

Prime Wardrobe?

Night Elf

I've ordered a box.  It went very smoothly.  Takes longer to arrive than Prime items -- about a week if I remember correctly.  Everything is set up to make the returns easy.  At the time there was a 20% discount if I kept $200 worth or more, but I'm not sure if that was a limited time offer or not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

never heard of it - what exactly does it do?

It's a way of trying on clothes before you buy them. They have some clothes that are Prime Wardrobe eligible. I found what I was looking for but it was annoying that some sizes weren't eligible. You choose up to 8 items. They ship them to your house. It's not a 2-day thing like Prime shipping. It takes about a week to arrive. You aren't charged for the clothing at first. You're given 7 days to try them on and see if you like them. Then you go online and fill out their form and mail back what you aren't keeping and they charge you only for what you are keeping. If at the end of 7 days they haven't heard from you, they charge you for all the items sent to you. However, I think they refund you the items you finally send back. It's not like you're stuck with them forever. 

It's different than Stitch Fix or Trunk Club because you don't have a stylist. You're just shopping at Amazon on your own.

• Like 1

I haven't bothered trying it because I find the selection lacking and the pricing annoying. I'm usually looking at  specific brands, and I can almost always find the item cheaper elsewhere. And then sometimes they'll have the item I want, say for $40, but when I click on my size, it's $240!

1 hour ago, Jen500 said:

I haven't bothered trying it because I find the selection lacking and the pricing annoying. I'm usually looking at  specific brands, and I can almost always find the item cheaper elsewhere. And then sometimes they'll have the item I want, say for $40, but when I click on my size, it's $240!

Yikes! I'm glad I didn't encounter that. There was one pair of jeans I wanted to try. Every size but medium was eligible. For some reason that size was just not eligible.

I looked at it and didn't see anything that was either what I wanted or at a price I'd be willing to pay. My reward for reaching my goal weight is going to be a wardrobe subscription of some sort and I thought Prime Wardrobe might make the cut, but it probably won't. I'll likely go with Stitch Fix or something similar.

I used Prime Wardrobe when DS needed some nice clothes and I knew we'd likely have to return a lot of what we ordered since he's extremely hard to fit (6'6" and thin/athletic build). I ordered a sport coat in two different sizes, two pairs of pants, and four dress shirts, and he kept two shirts and two pairs of pants and sent the rest back. I think it's convenient if you want to order a bunch of stuff and know that you're likely to want to return at least some of it, because shipping is free in both directions and the return process is super simple. If I had ordered each of those items without Prime Wardrobe, even if all 8 items had been in the same order, I would have had to ship each of the four returned items individually, with separate packing slips and address labels, and some of the items may not have had free return shipping without Prime Wardrobe.

It's definitely not a substitute for something like Stitch Fix or Trunk Club, but I think it's useful for a situation like if you need a dress for a special event and you want to try on a bunch of different styles in different sizes and just keep the one you like best. It's the online equivalent of picking a bunch of clothes off the rack in a store, taking them to a dressing room, and putting back the ones you don't want, versus having a personal shopper.