Menu

It's Not Fair....great book for those dealing with tough stuff in life

Ottakee

I just finished this great book on handling life when it isn't fair and you are living a life you never imagined and question why, whye, and how will I ever survive.

I started this book about 6-8 weeks ago when my life turned upside down.  It has been a huge encouragement.  I have laughed, I have cried, I have savored a paragraph.  It is an easy read but a book that is better savored page by page, section by section.

It is certainly a Christian faith based book but I do think others could benefit as well.  I am not even positive where it came from (possibly an adoption conference) but there it was, a brand new book waiting on my bookshelf just when I needed it.

IMG_20180525_215654778.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Would this book be appropriate for grief following miscarriage/infant loss?

Yes, I think it would.  The author suffered a few miscarriages and failed invitro.  She even says in the book, if you feel like embracing her book, do so and if you don't feel free to throw it against a wall.  She gets that grief and heartache are real and hard.

• Like 1

My library consortium doesn't have it, will recommend it. Is it really that good? I'm in a place I never thought I'd be in, I can't imagine how my husband feels. He's facing a lot of health problems that seemed to sneak up on him quickly. Things could be worse, but they aren't like they used to be.

9 minutes ago, gaillardia said:

My library consortium doesn't have it, will recommend it. Is it really that good? I'm in a place I never thought I'd be in, I can't imagine how my husband feels. He's facing a lot of health problems that seemed to sneak up on him quickly. Things could be worse, but they aren't like they used to be.

Sorry you are struggling.  Yes, I do really feel it is THAT good.  I plan on gifting it to others that are struggling in the future.  It is not your typical touchy/feely/everything will.be hunky dory book on when life doesn't go as planned.

• Like 2

Thank you for this recommendation. I am in a very "this isn't fair", why, why, why, why state right now, and my usual comforting sources (family, Scripture, music, flowers, trees, hikes, birds) are not helping at all. I can't quite control my angry bewilderment. The thing is...finding the time to read. ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Thank you for this recommendation. I am in a very "this isn't fair", why, why, why, why state right now, and my usual comforting sources (family, Scripture, music, flowers, trees, hikes, birds) are not helping at all. I can't quite control my angry bewilderment. The thing is...finding the time to read. ?

Do like I did, put it in the bathroom and read a paragraph or a page at a time.  It took me almost 8 weeks to get through the book.  There is no hurry in this process

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Here is a quote from the book********

Hey, you. Are you debating whether to destroy something with your bare hands or curl up on the couch for a decade or two? This book will solve all of your problems. (Sheesh, that’s aiming a bit high.) 

******* Gives you just a bit of the flavor

• Like 5