Menu

Homeschool Planet

Does anyone use this?  How do you like it?

I'm trying out the free trial, to use the Math Mammoth lesson plans.  I've never used an online planner, but I need to start getting a bit more organized as I have one going into 8th grade.   I'm wondering if it might be helpful to go ahead and subscribe.  So far, I like the Math Mammoth lesson plans, but there don't seem to be a lot of curriculum options, particularly for other curriculum that we use, and I'm not sure I would want to subscribe for only one subject.  Those of you who use it, do you do your own planning and input everything into the online planner?  How did that work for you?

Thanks for any advice!

I’m just trying it out, as well. So far, I’ve bought a few plans, and now I’m adding a few plans. It’s very user friendly, and I think I’ll enjoy it! I definitely like hat I can add web links directly into the lessons; so convenient. 

How are the Math Mammoth plans set up? Do you like them? That’s one of the lesson plans I’m thinking of buying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sangtarah said:

I’m just trying it out, as well. So far, I’ve bought a few plans, and now I’m adding a few plans. It’s very user friendly, and I think I’ll enjoy it! I definitely like hat I can add web links directly into the lessons; so convenient. 

How are the Math Mammoth plans set up? Do you like them? That’s one of the lesson plans I’m thinking of buying.

Which plans have you used so far?

The Math Mammoth plans are set up really well.  We've used Math Mammoth for years, and I'd always wished they had lesson plans.  I don't know when they started offering them, but I'm glad I found them!  The plans include a couple of pages of work per day, along with a video of Maria explaining the concept, and a link to a math game or further online exercises.  It isn't anything that isn't already available, it's just organized according to topic.  I rarely incorporated the online math games or activities because I just never worked them in.  The links are directly in the plans now, so that is going to make them quite easy to utilize. 

I've been using it this year. I like it. I like that I'm able to tell it we skipped something this week and it will automatically readjust the rest by pushing everything forward. I haven't purchased any of the pre-made lesson plans, I just enter it myself. It took some time at the beginning of the year but it was worth it. 

I usually pull it up at the beginning of the week, make any necessary changes based on what we accomplished the last week and what our plans are for this week that might interfere, then I print the week calendar. We use that through the week to reference and check off. I rarely go to the site during the week unless I see the need for major adjustments. I can see that changing as the kids get older and I may have added things like links or videos, but for now it's just a to-do list so we do fine with the paper copy through the week. 

• Like 1

I used it last year, but ended up switching to Homeschool Tracker after a year. I found HP to be really slow loading (like between assignments and resources). Some reports I wanted were cumbersome to make in HP. I like that HT has a much more up-to-date style and it's really easy to make PDFs of tons of reports.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2018 at 12:29 AM, Curlymom said:

Which plans have you used so far?

The Math Mammoth plans are set up really well.  We've used Math Mammoth for years, and I'd always wished they had lesson plans.  I don't know when they started offering them, but I'm glad I found them!  The plans include a couple of pages of work per day, along with a video of Maria explaining the concept, and a link to a math game or further online exercises.  It isn't anything that isn't already available, it's just organized according to topic.  I rarely incorporated the online math games or activities because I just never worked them in.  The links are directly in the plans now, so that is going to make them quite easy to utilize. 

So far I have IEW’s Fix It, Saxon, IEW’s poetry Memorization, and Analytical Grammar. I’m just setting everything up for next year, so I haven’t used it yet, but I’m anticipating that this will be a significant help to our days. 

• Like 1

I’ve used HS planet this spring. I’ve really liked it. My dd logs on, and checks things off as completed. I’ve purchased lesson plans to use for the fall. I’m really excited about IEW-SWA, Fix It!, all of the BJU plans, and Family Time Fitness boot camp. The FTF includes a lifetime access to the lesson plans as well as the boot camp curriculum. (I’ve noticed several of the lesson plans include access to the curriculum).

I like HS planet because there are days where one or more things just don’t get done (or we decide to take a sick day). When I log in again, it asks me if I want to mark the missed lessons as complete, delete them, or move that and all following lessons forward. 

I set it up to know our school year, including days we are on vacation. It automatically knows not to assign anything to those days. I’ll definitely be renewing when it comes time. 

I have used Homeschool Planet for around 5 years, if not more.  It has worked really well for my 2, now down to 1 kiddo at home.   The rare time I have had a problem they have always been responsive and helped me work it out.   

I am curious about the different plans you are talking about purchasing???   This must be something new I'm not aware of.  I've always inputted everything myself utilizing their various methods.