Menu

Now look what y'all made me do!

I have not had the best day today. I barely made it though hsing and got straight on these boards. While browsing here, I just called my "dh" on his cell phone and discussed my bank business, asked him how far he was from home, and if he would pick up "something personal" for me from Walmart.

At this point I hear "what??" in a disctinctly oriental accent. Apparently, I mis-dialed. I have just told a complete stranger all my business! I immediately called dh and told him what happened. I'm just flabergasted! :blushing:

This reminds me of the time my dh e-mailed me and said he would be late. I responded by calling him a "turd" (in jest of course). He then responded back "not a turd." However, he did not respond to me...he wrote this ever so pleasant sentence to the head lawyer in his engineering firm. She had apparently written to him asking when they could meet to discuss the case tomorrow and he then responded, "not a turd." He called her the next day and told her that he was e-mailing something to me and mixed up the addresses. She then said, "yes, I was wondering why you were e-mailing me with you BOWEL HABITS!" *hehe*

:) He still blushes when we speak of this. I laughed for MONTHS. Still giggle. We joked that he should tell her that it was the new slang for "not a problem!" LOL Oh, so funny.

Edited by Tree House Academy

This reminds me of the time my dh e-mailed me and said he would be late. I responded by calling him a "turd" (in jest of course). He then responded back "not a turd." However, he did not respond to me...he wrote this ever so pleasant sentence to the head lawyer in his engineering firm. She had apparently written to him asking when they could meet to discuss the case tomorrow and he then responded, "not a turd." He called her the next day and told her that he was e-mailing something to me and mixed up the addresses. She then said, "yes, I was wondering why you were e-mailing me with you BOWEL HABITS!" *hehe*

:) He still blushes when we speak of this. I laughed for MONTHS. Still giggle. We joked that he should tell her that it was the new slang for "not a problem!" LOL Oh, so funny.

Hillarious!!!

I have not had the best day today. I barely made it though hsing and got straight on these boards. While browsing here, I just called my "dh" on his cell phone and discussed my bank business, asked him how far he was from home, and if he would pick up "something personal" for me from Walmart.

At this point I hear "what??" in a disctinctly oriental accent. Apparently, I mis-dialed. I have just told a complete stranger all my business! I immediately called dh and told him what happened. I'm just flabergasted! :blushing:

HOW personal? ;)

You guys have me laughing so hard--I'm trying to read these to my husband and I can't even speak! Those are so funny.

O.k., I composed myself and dh reminded me of the time, when we were VERY different people, that he thought he sent me a really racy joke. He actually sent it to my older sister, who we didn't share things like that with. Oops. She still likes us. :001_smile:

Chelle

Similar thing happened to me once. Fortunately, I did not discuss bank business but instead expressed the dire need for a certain flavor of ice cream...

:lol: That is priceless!

I've had the sending an email meant for my spouse to the wrong person experience too. Unfortunately, it was right before I took my oldest out of public school in 4th grade, and I was ranting about how much I disliked his teacher and accidentally sent it to her. :eek:

Oh my gosh. This just reminded me of something that happened when I was pregnant that I have been trying to forget about ever since. :lol:

I was sick with some sort of stomach virus and was having a hard time figuring out if I was having contractions or if it was just some sort of intestinal thing. I was also having some spotting and was kind of worried about the whole thing, so I called the on-call doctor, left my name, and waited for a return call.

The phone rang five minutes later and the man on the other end said "Hi, is this Ruth? How are we feeling today?" I then went into this whole long one-sided conversation about all of my symptoms. But the response I got back sounded nothing like a doctor, something like "Oh man, that sucks. You know, when my sister was pregnant...." and "have you tried....." and "you know, you should really be asking your doctor about this." I immediately freaked out and said "wait, isn't this Dr. so-and-so?"

Turns out it was my neighbor. :001_huh: I was so embarrassed I started crying, handed the phone to dh with no explanation (who by the way thought the situation was hilarious), and walked out of the room.

Thank goodness we've moved since then. :lol:

Ahhh, see if I had asked my dh that, he would have responded with a funny accent in attempt to make me think I'd dialed the wrong number.:lol:

That is EXACTLY what I asked dh when I re-dialed and he answered his cell phone. "Did you just play a joke on me?" No such luck. :ohmy: I was so embarrassed trying to explain what happened (he was laughing). I told him "Just go to Walmart and wait for me to call you back."

This is hilarious! :lol:

I've had the sending an email meant for my spouse to the wrong person experience too. Unfortunately, it was right before I took my oldest out of public school in 4th grade, and I was ranting about how much I disliked his teacher and accidentally sent it to her. :eek:

I used to work from home in a teen chat area for a major internet service provider. I was talking to one of my friends via IM about a co-worker and really going off until I realized I was talking to the co-worker who I was complaining about. Whoops.:blushing:

I had a very close friend at church- the kind I could discuss anything with.

One day she called and this is how our conversation went.

Friend- "Hi? How are you doing? I wanted to...."

Me- "Don't ask me how I'm doing! I'm cramped and bloated, plus you better talk quick because I have the runs...."

Friend- "....let you talk to the new church organist. He's on the line now on three way."

Me- "Ah, Lord."

I did this once many years ago when I was a newlywed... I started with "Hey, honey, I was just thinking about you..." and went into some very personal (though, thankfully, not explicit) romantic talk...

only to hear a deep man's voice say, "I'm not your honey, but if you tell me who you are, I could be." :blushing:

Ooops! I was mortified, but when I hung up the phone I couldn't stop laughing.