Menu

Share your favorite backpack brands and styles for school on-the-go

Excelsior! Academy

Not so much school-on-the-go as dual credit classes - just two but with heavy books (accounting and an English anthology) and both are used in class. My youngest just converted to an Osprey Celeste - does a great job of spreading out the weight so it is easier to carry on her back. 

Our LandsEnd backpacks held up well. This year we bought backpacks at Costco before school started and they were terrible--straps pulling out 2 months into the school year. Luckily there was no problem returning them for full credit. Then we bought LLBean and I think those will hold up for multiple years like the LandsEnd.

My oldest two have LLBean Quad Packs (https://m.llbean.com/product.html?bc=50-816&skCatId=88640&csp=a#88640) and they're holding up well and are comfortable (they're used for DE) I have a different LLBean model (no longer make, it appears) and I love it. It's my teacher bag, and I keep answer keys/teacher manuals in it so I can easily grab it and check work anywhere.