Menu

23 & me Neanderthal DNA Variants.....

Amber in SJ

I know a guy (2ds's friend) - I'd LOVE to know what his neanderthal percentage is!    I was talking to my dd about him, and she didn't know the name, so I said "the guy who looks like a neanderthal".  she knew exactly who I was talking about.   - he has a VERY pronounced brow ridge with sunken eyes.  (not a unibrow).

nice guy.  smart.  married, cute baby boy.  in medical school - wants to do thoracic surgery.

• Like 2

We are doing it soon so we will see.  I am interested in how Asian both of us are too, if at all.  We are both Eastern/Central European and there were a number of Asian invasions and for dh, he is part Hungarian so is he part Hun?

The Hungarians call themselves Magyar. They invaded Europe in the 9th century so 500 years after the Huns. Here's a link to the wiki if you're interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_invasions_of_Europe

• Like 1

My sister did the 23 & me testing and her results are not surprising (98.3% Northwestern European, most boring genetics ever :) ) but the interesting part is it says "More Neanderthal variants than 97% of customers."

I guess that explains the unibrow.

Amber in SJ

My 23 and me results came back almost exactly like that too. Then when they recalculated everything a year ago, my Neanderthal percentile dropped to 84. I told my mom when I first got my results that there were no surprises except for that Neanderthal bit. She was sure it must be from my dad's side of the family. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk