Menu

IEW

I'm so sorry with everything Melissa- I just saw your update on the other thread too. I don't have any advice that could hold a candle to what others have given you here. But I do want to say I'm praying for you and your family. I can only imagine what a load you're under across the board.  I wish you guys could go off on a glorious vacation and get away for a few weeks and just be. And breathe. Hugs and prayers to you and your whole family. 

:grouphug:

My sentiments exactly.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

thank you so much for all your advice everyone. You have given me some very constructive advice regarding Science. something that I should have thought of, but was so bogged down that I didn't see the obvious . We will be switching immediately  to experiment based science. Ds14 was so pleased when I suggested it to him and told me that he thought that the whole point of science was to do stuff and observe what happens. ( He spoke above the normal  two word sentences)

I was going to continue to demonstrate IEW to him today and he said he is sick of just watching and DID THE OUTLINE HIMSELF  :svengo:  he did have more than 3 words per spot ( what he did extra words  :svengo: )  and seemed mighty pleased with himself. I know that there is strictly not meant to be more than 3 words, but I am not going to make him redo it. I am tentatively hoping that this program will work.

Words cannot express how grateful I am for all the help and advice I have received from this thread 

THANK YOU  :wub:

• Like 4

Great up date. Also symbols are free (don't count on the three words and any symbol you can draw quicker than you write the word counts.

Seems to appeal to my writing averse boy.

Or I should say former writing averse boy! Thx to IEW we get full page essays occasionally now!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t read whole thread but I have the previous edition of TWSS if you are interested Melissa. I’m not at home right now to check but I think I have the discs and binder. I’m in Perth by the way so postage would be a lot cheaper. If you are interested feel free to pm me

• Like 1

update, 

ds is currently doing a key word outline 4 days a week. He has completed one paragraph from one of the key word outlines. We have been using both the SWI B and the Rockets theme book for extra practice for the key word outlining section. He is struggling to only have 3 words- especially as he knows that he is meant to be making the key word outline into paragraphs. He thinks that the more words he does now the less when he does the paragraph. I am seeing slow progress over the last 2 weeks which is good, but don't want to frighten him completely by  moving too fast. I am finding that the books don't have enough practice lessons. I have used up all the lessons for the first section in both books and we still need more practice before moving onto the next section.

• Like 1