Menu

Anyone do paraffin wax treatment for their hands/feet?

PrincessMommy

I have not done wax, but if my skin is extra dry, before I go to sleep, I slather it with a good oil and lotion combo and then put gloves or socks on to sleep in. 

ETA: yes, both oil and lotion, oil first, then lotion

Edited by Aura
  • Like 1

It gets a bit greasy, but I suppose you could do it without the gloves.

Another thing, which feels heavenly, is to warm up the oil (olive oil works well!) and really massage the warm oil into your hands. I love the way the warm oil feels. 

The best thing I ever did to get rid of cracked winter hands was to change my hand soap. I now use Dr Bonner’s unscented castille soap mixed with water in a reusable foam soap pump. I put in two TBS castille soap and about 1/2 tsp of grape seed oil, then fill with water. It has helped A TON!

For cracked hands, O’Keefs (sp?) working hands is really good. I also like aveeno eczema *cream* for babies.

• Like 2

The best thing I ever did to get rid of cracked winter hands was to change my hand soap. I now use Dr Bonner’s unscented castille soap mixed with water in a reusable foam soap pump. I put in two TBS castille soap and about 1/2 tsp of grape seed oil, then fill with water. It has helped A TON!

For cracked hands, O’Keefs (sp?) working hands is really good. I also like aveeno eczema *cream* for babies.

I second the O'Keeffe's working hands. They also make a foot creme: both are amazing and heal cracks and soften skin so fast. The foot creme makes callused heels soft like nothing else I've tried.
  • Like 1

I had one a long time ago, so I can't help with brand names. 

I will say that I have always heard of it more as a treatment for aching hands due to arthritis, etc, rather than as a moisturizer. It did work very well for that, but I don't recall noticing any moisturizing effects. 

I do, I love it & think it feels wonderful. Does it help? I dunno, but I found a brand new one at Goodwill for $5, so I wasn’t out much. I see them all the time at GW. I work with books & magazines in my pt job & my hands get extremely dry. It’s very relaxing as well. Gulf wax from the grocery store is cheaper & works the same.