Menu

What is your favorite?

mommy25

MathUSee (used Primer, Alpha, Beta and now on Gamma - no plans to ever change this as our main math curriculum)

Handwriting Without Tears

Phonics Pathways

Explode the Code

My Father's World First Grade

Sonlight Cores - K, 1, & 2 - using 2 now. It's the best core so far!

Sonlight readers packages

Sonlight Discover & Do Science DVDs

Queen Homeschool Supply's Language Lessons series (on our 2nd book now)

English from the Roots Up

Story of the World 2 with Activity Guide 2 (used vol. 1 and now on vol. 2 - I liked 1 ok, but am really enjoying 2)

A Child's History of the World by Hillyer

Egermeier's Bible Story Book

We haven't used Spelling Power for a year yet, but it's one of my favorite products. I also really like Noeo Science but we just recently started it, so that doesn't count!

I have used it almost to a 'T' the way it was written for 4 plus years. With this year's science I can say I am 97% + following it. I.love.it! SWB is my hero. :blush::D

ETA: Oh my, I was rew this thread and just saw that I did not put the name of my cirriculum. Oops. It's TWTM.

Edited by newlifemom
Cause I was tired when I typed it the first time.

English Prep 1 and 2, Junior English 1 (still have one chapter to go on that one), Latin Prep 1 and 2 (still working on 3), all from Galore Park.

SOTW 1, 2, 3 (books only - haven't used the AG)

Usborne Internet Linked Encyclopedia of World History (haven't used the 20th Century sections yet)

Singapore Maths Earlybird to 4B.

Real Science 4 Kids Chemistry Level 1 (but not the Biology or Physics).

Recorder From the Beginning 1 and 2 (still working on 3) by Pitt

Handwriting Without Tears Printing and Cursive

Laura

WinterPromise American Story 1 & 2 and Animal Worlds (tweaked)

Voyages in English (old versions)

Alpha Phonics

Little Stories for Little Folks

Explode the Code

CLP Nature Readers

R&S Patterns of Nature

SpellWell

Happy Handwriting/Cheerful Cursive

Practical Arithmetic

Mastering Mathematics

Sonlight readers

list your favorite homeschooling materials that you have used for at least one year and have completed it from start to finish.

I think RightStart is one of the few things we've used that fits that description. We've used levels A and B and are currently in C (hoping to finish up soon and start on D).

My dd also enjoyed the first few Elson Readers, but then started to feel they were baby-ish (though we did use them for more than a year, and I really liked them).

Right now, we are very much enjoying Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding and Galore Park's Latin Prep 1. I expect we will complete these, they are both fantastic resources.

ETA: Almost forgot SOTW! We are doing volume one with our co-op right now, and loving it. I'm sure we will finish not only the book, but probably the entire series.

RightStart Math is our number 1.

We used Phonics Pathways and Reading Pathways and I will absolutely use them again with any future children.

Italic Handwriting is another one we've used more than a year and I like it (my son, on the other hand, emphatically does NOT)

We're in our 2nd year of homeschooling, so these are the only things we've used more than a year. However, several of the things we're using this year (1st grade) are keepers as well:

Writing With Ease will be used at least through level 3, maybe level 4.

Building Foundations of Scientific Understanding

Artistic Pursuits

History Odyssey (but not the projects)