Menu

Today's Teachers Lounge brought to you by . . . 10-23-2017

scrapbookbuzz

...a late night (early morning) ER visit, due to not one, but TWO kidney stones!  :crying:

Anyway, I'm 'awake' at moment although feel like I could probably go back to bed and sleep for another 3 hours,

which I may do after the kids are awake. Otherwise, if I try now, I'll just be anticipating them waking up and won't really

get much rest. Here's hoping the rest of you have a MUCH BETTER day!

Who here has had kidney stones before? Here: once, about 20 years ago. I'd like to not ever have them again!

What's on your schedule today? Here: school is a wash. Think I'll dedicate this day to SLEEP.

What's your favorite hydrating drink? Here: I'm supposed to massively increase my water consumption (for obvious reasons) 

but I can only drink about 32 -48oz of plain water before my body revolts. So, at the moment, I'm drinking something similar to 

Emergen-C, only healthier, to help get the liquid in. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 2

Ouch.  I just drink water or Emergen-C, so not much help there.  I've never had kidney stones but my ex did while I was pregnant with my oldest.  The ER doctor told him they were more painful than childbirth.  Told him this while I was pregnant.   :glare:

Taught a Messy Science class today and it fully lived up to it's name.    

No school because I didn't get anything ready.  I really should be doing that now for the rest of the week but I'm tired.  The weather is that almost raining, heavy, muggy, thick feeling.  It always gives me a bad headache and makes my head feel full of cotton.  I'm assuming I'm sensitive to the barometric pressure.  Ugh.

• Like 1

So sorry, Scrap!   

None for me, but dh had a kidney stone summer before last. They said he has 2 more in each kidney. I was convinced it was his appendix because of the location, so I was glad he didn't need surgery. 

Today's schedule: school, ds has swim tonight, getting ready for my tutoring sessions tomorrow.

Water is my favorite hydrating drink, but my favorite drinks are coffee, tea, and diet pepsi. 

So sorry, Scrap!   

None for me, but dh had a kidney stone summer before last. They said he has 2 more in each kidney. I was convinced it was his appendix because of the location, so I was glad he didn't need surgery. 

Today's schedule: school, ds has swim tonight, getting ready for my tutoring sessions tomorrow.

Water is my favorite hydrating drink, but my favorite drinks are coffee, tea, and diet pepsi. 

My pain was in my lower left side of my back so I knew it wasn't my appendix, thankfully. As weird as it sounds, he should be drinking some apple cider vinegar each day to help break those down. Need to do that myself!

My pain was in my lower left side of my back so I knew it wasn't my appendix, thankfully. As weird as it sounds, he should be drinking some apple cider vinegar each day to help break those down. Need to do that myself!

Thanks! I will tell him that. He takes hydrandea root tablets off and on because they say not for long term use.